IGNORED

To All Millen Lovers...

Murraysrightplum

I do kind of agree with him though. Who (other than Albert, who unsurprisingly has worked for a living) do you feel any affinity to?

Do you feel any sympathy or like for Nicky Hunt in his Bentley sat in the stands? Do you feel any love for Ribeiro earning a wage I could only dream of for sitting on the treatment table? Do you feel close to any of the players when they gutlessly throw away lead after lead when I have spent a decent wedge of my salary on supporting them?

No.

I don't hate them, but I only love the club. I don't even idolise the players at our club any more. I wouldn't be disappointed to see any of them leave on a personal level, only Albert.

You and Riaz are closing in. Good players (people that can play football) don't need managers. It's a total vaste. No one got a clue about football so they are there just to be sacked as an excuse when all goes wrong and then we go over and over again. And over and over again..

We could as well have hired Bagdad Bob (Mr. Bullshit talking number one). I'm number two ;)

Bring on the Nannys and Josef Stalin and we would be top of the table before the next stupid payout

Oh dear.

Good players do need good managers.... Do you know why? Because all the other teams in this division also have good players!

Good managers and bad managers DO make a difference. This has been proven a million times...

As it will this season with our new manager

Oh dear.

Good players do need good managers.... Do you know why? Because all the other teams in this division also have good players!

Good managers and bad managers DO make a difference. This has been proven a million times...

As it will this season with our new manager

't

Also have good players? Most players are poor at this level.

If you know how to play football you don't need a head of section talking bull shit

't

If you know how to play football you don't need a head of section talking bull shit

Still need someone to decide who plays where and and how to play, who to mark who, which players of the opposition to expose..... Etc etc etc

All these things make a difference in a very competitive league

Still need someone to decide who plays where and and how to play, who to mark who, which players of the opposition to expose..... Etc etc etc

All these things make a difference in a very competitive league

and to get the players to believe in your methods and themselves.

I'd say most fans are more confident of winning under mcinnes than they were under Millen. Ask yourself why that is and why the players wouldnt feel exactly the same way

The swede is talking bullshit but he's welcome to try his experiment at a club and see how it goes

and to get the players to believe in your methods and themselves.

I'd say most fans are more confident of winning under mcinnes than they were under Millen. Ask yourself why that is and why the players wouldnt feel exactly the same way

The swede is talking bullshit but he's welcome to try his experiment at a club and see how it goes

Apparently teams don't need full backs!! Haha

I do kind of agree with him though. Who (other than Albert, who unsurprisingly has worked for a living) do you feel any affinity to?

Do you feel any sympathy or like for Nicky Hunt in his Bentley sat in the stands? Do you feel any love for Ribeiro earning a wage I could only dream of for sitting on the treatment table? Do you feel close to any of the players when they gutlessly throw away lead after lead when I have spent a decent wedge of my salary on supporting them?

No.

I don't hate them, but I only love the club. I don't even idolise the players at our club any more. I wouldn't be disappointed to see any of them leave on a personal level, only Albert.

Exactly.

Like you pointed out with Albert who also earned a living before football, one of the few players I have felt any kind of personal affinity to over recent years was Ivan.

One of the genuine nicest guys you could meet and probably the nicest pro footballer I've ever met.

In it for all the right reasons and always gave it his all.

Top man who I could really relate to, like Albert.

Exactly.

Like you pointed out with Albert who also earned a living before football, one of the few players I have felt any kind of personal affinity to over recent years was Ivan.

One of the genuine nicest guys you could meet and probably the nicest pro footballer I've ever met.

In it for all the right reasons and always gave it his all.

Top man who I could really relate to, like Albert.

I spoke to Ivan briefly in a shop that I worked in, was very polite to a shop assistant that commented on his good performance in the previous game! Hendo was a gent also. Fonts and Louis were also polite. Probably cursing me in their head!

't

"A good manager makes a team. Good players never make a manager." - Brian Clough (horribly paraphrased)

Haha I think you know what I am getting at mate. One person in particular wound up a lot of people with constant criticism of all things GJ, blamed the failings of the squad on him and refused to acknowledge any failing on Millen's part.

I supported Millen during his time here but it was clear long before the end that he wasn't up to it. Some people (person) still wouldn't admit that he was out of his depth. Would be nice to show some humility otherwise that person will remain a figure of ridicule...

Oh joy another Robbered bashing session!!

Don't you lot get bored of being on the end of his fishing hook? The amount of attention he gets on here is nothing short of ridiculous .

No.

A very interesting take on things and one I'd not really thought about as my days of idolisation and affinity with the players have long gone. Two reasons 1) my advancing years 2) the wages that modern players get drives a divide between them and your average fan. 21 year old players arriving in a top of the range BMW, Audi or Range Rover pretty much say it all.

I've met loads of players over the years and overall they are a decent enough blokes. There was one who up his own arse but he was the exception. Not at the club any longer, got sent to Coventry.

A very interesting take on things and one I'd not really thought about as my days of idolisation and affinity with the players have long gone. Two reasons 1) my advancing years 2) the wages that modern players get drives a divide between them and your average fan. 21 year old players arriving in a top of the range BMW, Audi or Range Rover pretty much say it all.

I've met loads of players over the years and overall they are a decent enough blokes. There was one who up his own arse but he was the exception. Not at the club any longer, got sent to Coventry.

I've only ever known the ridiculous wages that came with Prem football, but as a child I did have my 'heroes' Owen being the main one as he is such a great bloke and was at the time the best striker around... At City we had Murray, a player you could imagine (and when he lived on Weston many people I know did) going for a pint with. We also had Tommy Doherty, legend and a proper bloke. Not exactly professional but we all had something in common with him.

Now I just look at them when we lose and think, "that's really hurt me, I can't imagine when they get back to their luxury home and bone their plastic WAG that they'll be that bothered by the result"

I don't think it's jealousy, I just don't think football players in general hold the same values as ordinary working/middle class folk.

Scottish with initials M.M.?

I've only ever known the ridiculous wages that came with Prem football, but as a child I did have my 'heroes' Owen being the main one as he is such a great bloke and was at the time the best striker around... At City we had Murray, a player you could imagine (and when he lived on Weston many people I know did) going for a pint with. We also had Tommy Doherty, legend and a proper bloke. Not exactly professional but we all had something in common with him.

Now I just look at them when we lose and think, "that's really hurt me, I can't imagine when they get back to their luxury home and bone their plastic WAG that they'll be that bothered by the result"

I don't think it's jealousy, I just don't think football players in general hold the same values as ordinary working/middle class folk.

With respect youre totally wrong in thinking this. It sounds like some of you are very bitter with your lot and the Green eyed Monster is setting in and perhaps would do well to turn your attentions and money to another sport. The modern game is what it is, driven by money, success depending on it, revenue depending on success etc. It's one big merry go round. In order for the top teams to be successful they need the best players who have to be paid what they are worth in terms of achieving future success. That salary level is not capped admittedly but it does have a hierarchy, a sort of sliding scale diminishingas you go down the divisions. Look at the relevant positions of the following clubs, It's no coincidence that Man City and Man United are two of the top payers in the Premier League or Southampton and Westham in the Championship or Charlton in the First and Cawley in the Second. Football is no different to any industry if you want the top people then you have to pay the top money or at least the going rate. Surely it's down to the individual what he spends his money on. Your conception of the modern footballer is generally misplaced and erroneous, indeed some are extravagant and senseless with their wealth and in their private lives but most are hardworking and determined to do their best for their Employers and the Fans.There is no one in the current city squad who doesn't give anything less than their best in training, on match days or behind the scenes for the Club. Even those that are injurred still have to turn up day in day out , and on Sundays and represent the Club off the Field. Yes Jealousy is a terrible affliction. :yes:

Archived