IGNORED

Luis Suarez

glynriley

From what I understand also, it's Evra's word against Suarez, in this instance the FA have chosen to believe Evra's account of what happened. I'm sure that if Blatter had not made his comments a few weeks ago, leading to the FA accusing him of being a racist, and the FA now feeling they have to take the moral hgih ground, the ban would have been less.

In the John Terry incident, there is video evidence that alledges he used racist comments toward Anton Ferdinand, surely this means thta John Terry will receive the same sentence.

From what I understand also, it's Evra's word against Suarez, in this instance the FA have chosen to believe Evra's account of what happened. I'm sure that if Blatter had not made his comments a few weeks ago, leading to the FA accusing him of being a racist, and the FA now feeling they have to take the moral hgih ground, the ban would have been less.

In the John Terry incident, there is video evidence that alledges he used racist comments toward Anton Ferdinand, surely this means thta John Terry will receive the same sentence.

Suarez admitted using the word 'negrito' and tried to claim it was a term of endearment. That was his defence.

and a racist.

"I don't think Luis Suarez is a racist" - Patrice Evra

Hopefully we'll be seeing Evra banned after he admitted in his statement to insulting Suarez in the most objectionable of terms in Spanish. John Terry will of course be banned for life too if this is the precedent when there is no evidence.

Luis Suarez also has a black grandfather. Perhaps not relevant but I think it is important to note when you accuse him of being a racist.

Best player in the Premier league, Which becomes even less attractive to watch as a result of the FA bowing to 'sir' Alex.

"I don't think Luis Suarez is a racist" - Patrice Evra

Hopefully we'll be seeing Evra banned after he admitted in his statement to insulting Suarez in the most objectionable of terms in Spanish. John Terry will of course be banned for life too if this is the precedent when there is no evidence.

Luis Suarez also has a black grandfather. Perhaps not relevant but I think it is important to note when you accuse him of being a racist.

Best player in the Premier league, Which becomes even less attractive to watch as a result of the FA bowing to 'sir' Alex.

Bottom line he knew what he was saying and that makes it worse, I haven't seen anything about the Evra insult maybe you can lead me to a link?.

Don't bother I read the Liverpool propaganda machine remarks on sky sports.

Bottom line he knew what he was saying and that makes it worse, I haven't seen anything about the Evra insult maybe you can lead me to a link?.

Don't bother I read the Liverpool propaganda machine remarks on sky sports.

Propaganda? It's in his statement to the FA judging panel. Are you claiming Patrice Evra lied? I happen to agree...

I think this case is a bit less 'black and white' than some of the posters on here assume. From what I've read, the word has subtly different meanings in Latin American countries, and the context can change it from being a negative to a positive term.

So Liverpool say, have you actually read it? and not forgetting that having been told by the FA to keep their own council after Suarez was charged, they started their public defence.

I hardly think that is the sort of thing a club of the stature of Liverpool would lie about considering the emotive nature of this argument.

The word concerned is 'negrito' Spanish I believe, my understanding is said to white guy it's a term of endearment, said to a black guy is definitely racist and Suarez would definitely have known that.

Nah. Forget the literal translation (little black man). It's like saying "wee man". Perfectly fine although possible to use as a pejorative - like if you aggressively said "wee man" to a midget you were about to get into a fight with.

Main problem is that he's in England and they were speaking English. It's like if a word like "mate" had a racist connotation in Spanish. Would you then criticize an english man playing in La Liga for saying "Tranquilo, mate" if that meant "Calm down, n*****".

You can make both arguments. But, as a Latin American Spanish speaker, to be totally clear negrito said to a black person is absolutely not "definitely racist" - that doesnt make it smart to say it to a black person in England and he should have been in England long enough to know that.

This is assuming that the reports are true and it was "negro" or "negrito" that he said. From what I read, Suarez disputes he said it as much as Evra says.

Right so it's not a fact then ok. By the way do you Evra is lying because Suarez is such an honest little chap?.

So, by that then neither is your opinion? Glad we've got that figured out...

I think Evra is lying because he is a detestable vile bastard who has previous for crying race and made it up back then. I also think that given Evra said to the referee "You're only booking me because I'm black" Evra had decided he was going to be racially abused by someone during that game.

I suppose you're on about the supposed diving? A player brought up in a culture where all contact that doesn't result in the winning of the ball is punishable with a foul comes to England to face the likes of Christopher Samba... Doesn't take a genius to work out what's going to happen...

Archived