IGNORED

Luis Suarez

glynriley

Nah. Forget the literal translation (little black man). It's like saying "wee man". Perfectly fine although possible to use as a pejorative - like if you aggressively said "wee man" to a midget you were about to get into a fight with.

Main problem is that he's in England and they were speaking English. It's like if a word like "mate" had a racist connotation in Spanish. Would you then criticize an english man playing in La Liga for saying "Tranquilo, mate" if that meant "Calm down, n*****".

You can make both arguments. But, as a Latin American Spanish speaker, to be totally clear negrito said to a black person is absolutely not "definitely racist" - that doesnt make it smart to say it to a black person in England and he should have been in England long enough to know that.

This is assuming that the reports are true and it was "negro" or "negrito" that he said. From what I read, Suarez disputes he said it as much as Evra says.

Now watch this get ignored...

So, by that then neither is your opinion? Glad we've got that figured out...

I think Evra is lying because he is a detestable vile bastard who has previous for crying race and made it up back then. I also think that given Evra said to the referee "You're only booking me because I'm black" Evra had decided he was going to be racially abused by someone during that game.

I suppose you're on about the supposed diving? A player brought up in a culture where all contact that doesn't result in the winning of the ball is punishable with a foul comes to England to face the likes of Christopher Samba... Doesn't take a genius to work out what's going to happen...

Thanks for clearing that up Jordan, the next time little Luis goes down like he has been shot by an SAS sniper after little or no contact, i'll have better understanding it's a cultural thing, didn't El Haj Diouf try hiding behind the cultural defence when spitting into the face of a fan.

For what it's worth I think Evra has got a screw loose.

PS:- isn't your dad a Liverpool fan they are your second team?.

Thanks for clearing that up Jordan, the next time little Luis goes down like he has been shot by an SAS sniper after little or no contact, i'll have better understanding it's a cultural thing, didn't El Haj Diouf try hiding behind the cultural defence when spitting into the face of a fan.

For what it's worth I think Evra has got a screw loose.

PS:- isn't your dad a Liverpool fan they are your second team?.

He gets a push (Or what he perceives to be a push) in the back and goes down. He also receives a shit load of nasty tackles... A compliment one might suggest as he is a fabulous footballer.

I think comparing a valid example of differing footballing cultures and a person who spat at other people is clutching at straws here Esmond... You're better than laughable comments like that.

And yes he is and yes they are. Relevant why?

Not according to my mates Bolivian wife, perhaps it's a different dialect.

Loads of different dialects of Spanish all over south America. Only Suarez will know if what he said was racist or not, I don't know how people judging him can tell unless they are native speakers of Spanish in Suarez's country.

Not according to my mates Bolivian wife, perhaps it's a different dialect.

You should check this. Certainly where I learned Spanish in Guatemala, it's fine. There is a chocolate bar called Negrito sold in every shop. And if you're using it with mates then it doesnt matter if they are black or white. It's not especially common as a term meaning mate but it's not that rare either.

You're saying a Bolivian told you that it was "definitely racist" to use Negrito to a black person and couldn't be use in place of mate with a black person?

I know some Bolivian lads so I'll check with them but I've never heard this in any other Spanish speaking country (again though, depending on context it can be an insult with racial overtones but I'd be stunned if it was considered automatically racist when talking with black friends- especially as what is considered "black" in Latin America varies so much depending who you are talking too. You'd barely ever hear the word).

So, you who have seen none of the evidence is right.

And...

The FA who have seen all the evidence is wrong.

As long as there was a native Uruguayan speaker on the preciding fa board all should be fine, if there wasn't I don't know how they can judge.

Aww don't worry poppet, this doesn't mean you have to stop defending te proven racist.

Maybe you can both go throw some bacon at a mosque together, I'm sure it's acceptable in Latin America.....

Ahh, I see. Now you're implying that my ill informed concerns about the nature of Turkish Islam was an attack on them. It wasn't as you well know. You've completely misrepresented the context there, a trick you no doubt learned from Esmondo.

Let's just leave it eh. Got no interest in getting into a slanging match.

As long as there was a native Uruguayan speaker on the preciding fa board all should be fine, if there wasn't I don't know how they can judge.

Not an FA board, dear - an independent regulatory commission led by a QC. A 6 day hearing.

And just because it's ok in Uruguay, it's ok in England? What nonsense are you spouting?

Fair enough. I rather enjoy our exchanges. Nothing personal it's just a forum.

I do at times, Just not when I have my thoughts or words misrepresented. I also don't want to let it descend into a squabble as I know how much it pissed people off... (They make enough threads about me..)

I happen to think that there isn't enough evidence for such a large punishment, especially when you consider that the word that Evra alleges was said is not in any way racist in either its context or its use where he comes from...

Some might argue its a little 'racist' to accuse Suarez of being a racist just because he spoke his own language and was misrepresented.... allegedly.

I do at times, Just not when I have my thoughts or words misrepresented. I also don't want to let it descend into a squabble as I know how much it pissed people off... (They make enough threads about me..)

I happen to think that there isn't enough evidence for such a large punishment, especially when you consider that the word that Evra alleges was said is not in any way racist in either its context or its use where he comes from...

Some might argue its a little 'racist' to accuse Suarez of being a racist just because he spoke his own language and was misrepresented.... allegedly.

Look on the bright side Jordan, just imagine the ban John Terry is looking at and possibly a court case.

Do you think the use of the word is acceptable on a football pitch in England then?

Wonder what this QC was playing at if it quite obviously isn't a racist word, either in context or its use where he comes from?

FWIW Evra wasn't found to be lying about the (alleged) racism after the Chelsea match, it was deemed there wasn't enough evidence - possibly due to the fact it was after the match during warm down. One unproven case doesn't make someone dishonest.

Sometimes there is evidence and sometimes there is little evidence.

I'd be surprised if anyone on here has seen the evidence presented at the Independent panel so can only guess (or make up) what they want the evidence to be.

Facts are, an independent panel found a person guilty of using racist language to another person. Liverpool fans are in uproar because King Kenny has said he is innocent where as Utd will be smug because a player from their biggest rivals has been punished. Hopefully the 'average' person will be pleased that a person found guilty of racism has been punished and the only thing up for debate is whether the punishment is fair or not.

Am I the only one disgusted that the best the FA can do is a measly 8 games for being found out to be a racist. What was the point of Kick it out again?

Possibly a partial defence that the word can be used in a non offensive way in his culture, which I don't dispute.

If a fan was found guilty of something similar then you'd be looking at a 3 year ban, no doubt about it.

Possibly a partial defence that the word can be used in a non offensive way in his culture, which I don't dispute.

If a fan was found guilty of something similar then you'd be looking at a 3 year ban, no doubt about it.

So the banner should say, lets kick it out, unless you're a very good footballer earning lots of money and can afford to have a great set of lawyers.

Archived