IGNORED

Maynard Off - Now Confirmed

Pete1975Legend

Maynard is doing what any player would do, though he could have been more honest. If I am angry it is with the club for grovelling to him for so long. A sign or go ultimatum should have issued long ago well before the end of the summer transfer window. Any half decent player will now see the club as a soft touch. So much for the tough guy image Colin likes to portray.:disapointed2se:

Maynard is doing what any player would do, though he could have been more honest. If I am angry it is with the club for grovelling to him for so long. A sign or go ultimatum should have issued long ago well before the end of the summer transfer window. Any half decent player will now see the club as a soft touch. So much for the tough guy image Colin likes to portray.:disapointed2se:

Agree with pretty much everything you say, the club has pussy footed around him for far too long and he and his agent has taken that as weakness.

However I do not entirely agree with the highlighted sentence, Willifred Zaha of Crystal Palarse has just signed a new 5 year contract with them, the speculation is that he will going during the window or might be sold and loaned back or going at the end of the season, whatever happens he will almost certainly not be seeing out that 5 year deal. I know that there is an age difference here and Palarse would be entitled to a fee anyway, but the new contract ensures that Palarse will actually get his full market value and not a fee set by a tribunal which is always much lower.

We've got Brett Pitman, so losing Maynard is no great shakes. Sad that Maynard has proved himself to be a complete mercenary though. The argument of him just doing his best for his family is fundamentally flawed by the £15k a week he earns at present. Tis all about greed for young Nicholas, else he would have signed the deal and earnt City a few quid in the whole potential transfer.

It's a big boo from me if he ever plays for us again, the little shit.

I can't get my head round this loyalty issue? This is football and it works both ways, at the end of this season were going to make a lot of people unemployed, a few of these will be young lads but as they are not deemed good enough we as fans don't give a shit!!

I have absolutely no problem at all with what NM is doing, at least he appears to be showing some ambition!!

Yeah, I guess. Although there's about 50,000 people 'of the club' and only 1 of him.

Nicky Maynard - the most dreary, uncharismatic player to play at our football club in a long time. And now we know why - the gready little git has wanted out for a long time.

As far as I am concerned he is a lying big time charlie who I never want to see in a City shirt again. To be honest, other than the issue that we may now not get much of a fee for him I'm glad for the sake of the club that he's going. He was never going to be worth £20k a week to us anyway so we may not be that much out of pocket in the medium term.

I think he is screwing us over - but I disagree with the above..

here is my proof.... dreary?

I think he means in terms of personality, not what he can do with a football. I don't think anyone needs reminding what he can do when on form, we've all watched him.

I think he means in terms of personality, not what he can do with a football. I don't think anyone needs reminding what he can do when on form, we've all watched him.

Cheers - I did!

I'm not sure whether its because he has been interviewed so much lately about the same thing (which ofcourse is of his own doing) but recently he just comes across as being miserable and as if he can't really be arsed to answer the questions.

I hope to never see him in a city shirt again blokes messed us about honesty costs nothing !

So I presume when you have decided you have had enough of your job you let your current employers know your looking for another/ having interviews with other companies etc?

So I presume when you have decided you have had enough of your job you let your current employers know your looking for another/ having interviews with other companies etc?

Football is different than any other proffession he could have signed a new contract on the understanding that when a Prem club came in with the right offer he would be allowed to leave. This way its a win win situation all round, the club get a nice pay day and he gets his dream move and the money he is so obviously after . There is only one winner now and thats NM

Agree with pretty much everything you say, the club has pussy footed around him for far too long and he and his agent has taken that as weakness.

However I do not entirely agree with the highlighted sentence, Willifred Zaha of Crystal Palarse has just signed a new 5 year contract with them, the speculation is that he will going during the window or might be sold and loaned back or going at the end of the season, whatever happens he will almost certainly not be seeing out that 5 year deal. I know that there is an age difference here and Palarse would be entitled to a fee anyway, but the new contract ensures that Palarse will actually get his full market value and not a fee set by a tribunal which is always much lower.

I overstate the case of course though having come through the excellent Palace youth system Zaha perhaps has grounds for loyalty and gratitude that Maynard doesn't have. Not having a good youth system ourselves we are unlikely to produce anybody like Zaha to have their loyalty tested.:disapointed2se:

I overstate the case of course though having come through the excellent Palace youth system Zaha perhaps has grounds for loyalty and gratitude that Maynard doesn't have. Not having a good youth system ourselves we are unlikely to produce anybody like Zaha to have their loyalty tested.:disapointed2se:

The youth system has nothing to do with it. Many players have looked after their club by signing a deal - not just players who have gone through youth system.

Darren Barnard? It was well known that Barnsley were interested when he signed a contract

The youth system has nothing to do with it. Many players have looked after their club by signing a deal - not just players who have gone through youth system.

Darren Barnard? It was well known that Barnsley were interested when he signed a contract

Agreed, I merely suggest a player who has been at a club since a kid is more likely in general to feel some loyalty than a player who has no such history. Maynard could indeed have done what Barnard did but clearly does not share his personal qualities. Still I maintain that the club is at fault by allowing him to string them along for so long.

Like the loyalty that saw Maynard draw a full wage for 6 months whilst injured, an injury sustained in a non football incident, might well have found himself fined by a different club, then perhaps he might have had a case for his present actions.

He could quite easily have signed a new contract at the beginning of the season and still held all of the aces and therefore given the club at least a fighting chance of returning a profit on a player that only BCFC were prepared to take a chance on and pay a well over the odds fee for. I can only assume Maynard does not have enough confidence in his own ability to take that particular course of action, he has to make himself more financially attractive by either bringing a lesser or no fee.

Can you imagine fans at a prem club being so supportive a) of a player who injures himself having a laugh or 2) during a 9 game winless/goaless spell of which he is already half way to replicating.

Like the loyalty that saw Maynard draw a full wage for 6 months whilst injured, an injury sustained in a non football incident, might well have found himself fined by a different club, then perhaps he might have had a case for his present actions.

He could quite easily have signed a new contract at the beginning of the season and still held all of the aces and therefore given the club at least a fighting chance of returning a profit on a player that only BCFC were prepared to take a chance on and pay a well over the odds fee for. I can only assume Maynard does not have enough confidence in his own ability to take that particular course of action, he has to make himself more financially attractive by either bringing a lesser or no fee.

Can you imagine fans at a prem club being so supportive a) of a player who injures himself having a laugh or 2) during a 9 game winless/goaless spell of which he is already half way to replicating.

Indeed. It does not seem to have damaged his ego that we had no bids from any Prem clubs in the summer. They clearly thought he was not worth the risk unless cheap or free. Indeed only Leicester made a serious bid and they were not big enough for him.

If it's an employer that I owe something to in terms of my development etc. then yeah sure I would... I'd tell them as far in advance as possible so as not to leave them in the lurch... It's called integrity... :innocent06:

Can you imagine this place if Maynard Starts today, and scores the winner?whistle.gif

Unbelievable some of the stuff on here

As for Barnard that was 12 years ago or more. The world has moved on since then, but why let that get in the way of 'loyalty' to anything.

in a way I agree with your first sentence, to be honest he owes us one and I couldn't care less who scores (although I would prefer Pitman to be our scorer today, that is far more important to our future than Maynard impressing a perspective employer) My only problem with Maynard is the way he has strung us along, he could have told us either at the end of last season or at the beginning of this season, I really don't believe that was too much to ask.

As for the last sentence, the world has obviously not moved on for Zaha.

Don't forget that no fee for us equals no fee for Crewe as well.

How has Maynard 'strung us' along? The club have, Maynard not so much.

Zaha is far from the finished article that many on here seem to think. Often freezes with the ball and has headless chicken syndrome quite a bit of the time according to the Palace fans I know. No doubt he is a talent for the future, but like Bostock before him I think CP will probably get rid whilst the Iron's hot. Contract or no contract. It would appear its fine for a club to be cynical and calculating, but woe betide a player who deigns to not sign a contract.

Palace were furious when Bostock went on the cheap and predictably for a young player chasing the money he is nowhere near the first team. Maybe Zaha has learned that lesson.

I still hold the club responsible for the Maynard farce for their craven approach to him. Appointing the hapless Millen was also unlikely to convince him we would be challenging for promotion any time soon. But for me the issue is not him signing a contract or not but of stringing the club along. He is entitled not to sign but would earn more respect for being honest about it. Still, anybody's disapproval is unliklely to distract him from counting the money.

Well one thing is for sure there is very little chance that there has been any bids or enquiries or else he almost certainly would not be playing.

Perhaps not as wanted as he thinks he is.

And a big risk for him and us. It will do neither any good if he gets injured. Don't imagine he will go for any 50-50 challenges today.

Crazy crazy decision playing a player that wants out.

He has not looked interested for weeks.

Still stead is back in with pitman on the bench.

Whetever your opinion or stance regarding Nicky Maynard............you seem to be blinded by your prejudice. He has been running his socks off in a lone striker role that does not suit his style, but despite this he has given 100% in every game I have seen. Try to see past your blinkers......I've had a tenner that he will score today, hopefully Stead will come on at some stage to assist him

Archived