IGNORED

Maynard Off - Now Confirmed

Pete1975Legend

i think he will be sold within the last hour of the January transfer window.

He will be part of a deadline day domino effect where clubs panic buy. AKA Carrol's move from Newcastle to Liverpool after Torres signed.

My money is on Odemwingie leaving West Brom and them coming in for Maynard as his replacement.

i think he will be sold within the last hour of the January transfer window.

He will be part of a deadline day domino effect where clubs panic buy. AKA Carrol's move from Newcastle to Liverpool after Torres signed.

My money is on Odemwingie leaving West Brom and them coming in for Maynard as his replacement.

Newcastle

Hope he plays on Boxing day. Why not? City are still paying him - he may feel the pressure is off - want to show what he can do - and give a really good performance. If not- take him off. I reckon the club had was right to play hard ball at the start of the season as he had been on the physios table for most of last season and then was scoring a lot. Probably the club deserved another contract for his rehab- but you cant blame him for wanting a step up.

Hope he plays on Boxing day. Why not? City are still paying him - he may feel the pressure is off - want to show what he can do - and give a really good performance. If not- take him off. I reckon the club had was right to play hard ball at the start of the season as he had been on the physios table for most of last season and then was scoring a lot. Probably the club deserved another contract for his rehab- but you cant blame him for wanting a step up.

he is playing monday

Pressure is surely now on?

Can't be bothered to read through all of this. Just wondered what people think the fee for maynard will be?

Personally I think whoever is interested will wait until the end of January and bid as little as possible.

Depending on our league position at the time it may be worth keeping him and him getting the goals to keep us in the division which will make more financial sense in the long run

So you're going to abuse one of our team, if he plays. That sounds pretty supportive of the cause and will show more disrespect to the team than Maynards ever done.

May I suggest you buy a ticket in the home end you muppet.

I pay my money so ill do what ever i want, he doesnt want to play for this club thats quite obvious, hes also disraspected me as a supporter by stringing my club along! if you want to start calling me names then i sujest you arrange to call me them in person?, if not then dont act all big because you think your safe at home behind a computer screen... you little girl!

I pay my money so ill do what ever i want, he doesnt want to play for this club thats quite obvious, hes also disraspected me as a supporter by stringing my club along! if you want to start calling me names then i sujest you arrange to call me them in person?, if not then dont act all big because you think your safe at home behind a computer screen... you little girl!

Now now - season of goodwill and all that! Maynard scored 21 goals in his one fit/decent season. He's quite good at this level. Nothing more. I'm not really interested in his personality - he is doing what probably 99.9% of players would do in his position. He wants to try playing at the top level - who wouldnt want that? He is no more a traitor than Andy Cole or Goater or any of the other strikers that moved onwards from BCFC. I think it would be good business to sell him now.

It's not "what I seem to think" Jordan, Pitman has already proven he is capable of scoring well at Championship level - unlike Marlon Jackson who you've weirdly chosen to include in your argument.

The point was, and is, that with Maynard's abysmal extended barren run earlier this season Pitman fully deserved to get his chance and replace him.

One eyed Maynard fanatics like you defended him to the hilt despite his pitiful record. I countered you, and others, with the hope you would afford Pitman the same generosity if he encountered a similar non scoring run - hard to imagine though that is.

You say you like Pitman yet then bizarrely absolutely refuse to give him the chance to establish himself in City's attack, promising instead to be hostile as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

It seems Maynard's transfer listing has hit you hard and you've reached the bitter conclusion that you were wrong to defend him so strongly and misguided also to support the continuing exclusion of a tremendous young goalscoring talent in Brett Pitman.

I have indeed got every faith Pitman will score well for City given a run of games and he'll prove every bit as successful as many of us believe.

What's more he is a very affable individual who I really want to succeed at BCFC - in direct contrast to the rather dreary Maynard, who, despite his success at the club, I have never felt any real affinity with at all.

I won't miss Nicky Maynard, the sooner he goes the better, and better still if he'd gone months ago. He'll now be remembered as an accomplished striker but someone who in the final analysis had no feeling for Bristol City Football Club whatsoever, and as such, as a Bristol City fan, my interest in Nicky Maynard and his future career when he leaves AG is now zero.

Fortunately for Brett Pitman there is a huge amount of goodwill towards him from fans impatient to see him in the starting line up. We don't expect hat tricks every week but what we do know is he'll always get good efforts in on goal and there will be no lack of enthusiasm or endeavour. His goalscoring record speaks for itself.

He'll be raring to go and despite your own sour comments there's no doubt the huge majority of City fans will be not only understanding but 100% behind him as he belatedly, and deservedly, gets the opportunity to establish himself as Bristol City's first choice attacker.

An excellent post Nogbad. I agree with every word whilst Tansley's posts seem to become more ridiculous by the day!

My Christmas wish is Pitman is made our first choice striker & Maynard makes last 10 minute substitute rolls between now & leaving the club. If he cant commit to the future of the club then the club must start the future with out him sooner rather than later.

In my eye's the dream is over as a City legend for Maynard. I wish he would just clear off our pay roll. He's made his feelings perfectly clear.

My Christmas wish is Pitman is made our first choice striker & Maynard makes last 10 minute substitute rolls between now & leaving the club. If he cant commit to the future of the club then the club must start the future with out him sooner rather than later.

In my eye's the dream is over as a City legend for Maynard. I wish he would just clear off our pay roll. He's made his feelings perfectly clear.

Maynard a city legend,you use the word lightly I'm afraid.

Not a legend in any ones books at city surely.

He's a professional footballer making his way in the game....advised by somebody who only cars about number 1....he's stitched us up good and proper, the least he could have done was sign a 1 year contract extension then made a move, as it is I cannot see him ever being welcome in Bristol again....shame, and when he matures I am sure he will see it as a mistake, but this is the world we live in...pull the ladder up!

Snigger....

It's not "what I seem to think" Jordan, Pitman has already proven he is capable of scoring well at Championship level - unlike Marlon Jackson who you've weirdly chosen to include in your argument.

The point was, and is, that with Maynard's abysmal extended barren run earlier this season Pitman fully deserved to get his chance and replace him.

One eyed Maynard fanatics like you defended him to the hilt despite his pitiful record. I countered you, and others, with the hope you would afford Pitman the same generosity if he encountered a similar non scoring run - hard to imagine though that is.

You say you like Pitman yet then bizarrely absolutely refuse to give him the chance to establish himself in City's attack, promising instead to be hostile as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

It seems Maynard's transfer listing has hit you hard and you've reached the bitter conclusion that you were wrong to defend him so strongly and misguided also to support the continuing exclusion of a tremendous young goalscoring talent in Brett Pitman.

I have indeed got every faith Pitman will score well for City given a run of games and he'll prove every bit as successful as many of us believe.

What's more he is a very affable individual who I really want to succeed at BCFC - in direct contrast to the rather dreary Maynard, who, despite his success at the club, I have never felt any real affinity with at all.

I won't miss Nicky Maynard, the sooner he goes the better, and better still if he'd gone months ago. He'll now be remembered as an accomplished striker but someone who in the final analysis had no feeling for Bristol City Football Club whatsoever, and as such, as a Bristol City fan, my interest in Nicky Maynard and his future career when he leaves AG is now zero.

Fortunately for Brett Pitman there is a huge amount of goodwill towards him from fans impatient to see him in the starting line up. We don't expect hat tricks every week but what we do know is he'll always get good efforts in on goal and there will be no lack of enthusiasm or endeavour. His goalscoring record speaks for itself.

He'll be raring to go and despite your own sour comments there's no doubt the huge majority of City fans will be not only understanding but 100% behind him as he belatedly, and deservedly, gets the opportunity to establish himself as Bristol City's first choice attacker.

What a brilliant post.

Au revoir Mr Maynard, all hail Brett Pitman!

Just think he's an ungrateful and disloyal so and so to be honest, but then who isn't in this day and age in football?

I would never do this to the club - but then I'm a city fan and always will be so I am a little biased.

Absoloute power corrupts absoloutely - Long live the new king, Brett Pitman.

I can't get my head round this loyalty issue? This is football and it works both ways, at the end of this season were going to make a lot of people unemployed, a few of these will be young lads but as they are not deemed good enough we as fans don't give a shit!!

I have absolutely no problem at all with what NM is doing, at least he appears to be showing some ambition!!

Archived