IGNORED

Maynard Off - Now Confirmed

Pete1975Legend

Is it just me but although i dont think maynard should play now, playing him is actually damaging the value we may be able to get for him in Jan?? Thought he ran a bit today but if he seriously thinks he can play premier league i think he may be mistaken. For a premier league striker he is lightweight, no pace at all regardless of what people say, and today despite two good openings first half didnt even get a shot on target. Im sorry Nicky, whilst the system may not suit you 100%, a premier league-class striker wouldve scored a couple today with the chances you had. Im actually glad hes leaving now. I just hope its for a few ££'s in Jan rather than in the summer fir nothing.

I rest my case after today's performance.

He was booed off when the manager finally had the balls to do it.

Pitman and stead did more in ten minutes than he did all game.

Why do you reckon that was? They had support by any chance? I suspect Maynard may well have done better with a striker up top with him, as he has proved in the past.

He is just a scapegoat because he doesn't want to sign. I would love to read through the Maynard thread in the summer and see some of the opinions people berating him now had then!

Main problem is the lack of creativity from our formation and Killa dropping deeper and deeper, if you don't create chances you don't score goals, i'd love to see the end product of Pitman playing up top on his own, or Stead up top on his own.

Archived