IGNORED

Maynard Off - Now Confirmed

Pete1975Legend

I think we all knew Nicky was never going to sign that contract. I hope, now that he has confirmed that he dosent want to play for City again, we drop him and play Pitman instead.

If we can get what we paid for him (£2.25m?) then get rid of him as this nonsense has been hanging over the club all season.

No massive surprise and personally I think that playing him up front on his own for most of the season has certainly influenced his decsion? Its clear that he has become totally frustrated playing as a lone striker especially at the Gate. Just hope that the likes of Leicester, West Ham or Newcastle are still interested enough to make a "reasonable" offer during January although they must now all know that they could all save themselves some dough "if" they get him to sign a "pre agreement" in Jan and then do not officially sign him until the end of the season - If they are prepared to wait?

Whatever I think we will now regret playing "hard ball" 6 months ago but on the positive we now know which way this story is going. Be very interesting to see how Del Boy uses Maynard for the rest of the season or will we see Pitman get a lot more playing time????

Its fair to say we all saw this coming. Naturally people won't like it but I can understand his reasoning and good luck to him. Time to step up Mr Pitman!

Exactly wants to prove himself at top level and at 25 he isnt going to get their with us any time soon.....Really hope some peoples messiah Pitman can step up and score the goals, but i think it will need a change of system to accomodate stead alongside pitman as cant see him playing the role upfront on his own.

understand him wanting to play at a higher level but if he had any respect for the club, he would have announced he wants to leave during the summer, giving the club half a chance of getting a decent fee for him. that chance has now been robbed from us. why would any club pay a high fee when they can get him for free in the summer??? maynard knows that and so does his agent/adviser, and it has a massive, massive impact on the size of the signing on fee he gets.

i would be disgusted if del puts him in the team again, and if he is allowed to continue training with the players who actually want to be here and arent spitting in the clubs face

The cards have been laid down,Maynard has now come out and says he wants out.

Let the bidding begin,we must drop him now for the sake of Bristol City FC.

Brett Pitman should take the number 10 shirt and be given his opputunity.

NM should not play any further part in our battles to avoid relagation.

BP looks like he wants to play..

NM for a long time, does not seem to put in the effort as you would expect from a player committed to the cause.

SOMEONE ELSE MIGHT HAVE BID MORE THAN WE'LL GET NOW!

Well that was the only concrete offer or offers from Leicester on the table at the time, at the end of the day Maynard has done nothing wrong in my eyes, it is not his responsibility to protect the finances of the club he plays for by deciding to move when their is a good offer on the table! He is merely looking after his own interests, he clearly has ambition and believes he can make an impact in the Premier League, it is a short career and you could say he made the right decision to reject Leicester if he gets a Prem move in January.

He has not refused to play, he has given 100% in my eyes, and is our top scorer so really cant see how little shit is an appropriate way to describe one of the more naturally gifted strikers who has played for us.

The cards have been laid down,Maynard has now come out and says he wants out.

Let the bidding begin,we must drop him now for the sake of Bristol City FC.

Brett Pitman should take the number 10 shirt and be given his opputunity.

NM should not play any further part in our battles to avoid relagation.

BP looks like he wants to play..

NM for a long time, does not seem to put in the effort as you would expect from a player committed to the cause.

Have to disagree, he is playing upfront on his own in a team which apart from Albert has zero creativity about them. He always looks like he is running round chasing things down, making himself available etc.

I think the opinions many on here have about him not putting effort in are all brought on from the fact that he wants to leave....i have not seen a drop in professionalism from Maynard imo

Adam just reafirmed the situ: For those saying 'should have sold in the summer', only had bids from one club; Nicky made clear he would not join that club. #BristolCity

think that would have been very different, if todays announcement had been made in july or august. would have generated more interest. it looks very strongly like maynard wants to go on a free and get his big pay day.

NM should have made his intentions clear back in the summer so we could have sold him on for a decent fee and everyone's happy, but through greed another footballer plays the system to get an extortionate signing on fee that you and i could only dream about.

I heard that the offer turned down was nearly £25k a week with scoring bonuses and add ons and if a person cant live on that, then they must have a big problem.

Thanks Nicky for putting the Boot into BCFC, The Supporters and Everyone here who helped further your career ..

Step Up Brett Pitman

Archived