IGNORED

Maynard Off - Now Confirmed

Pete1975Legend

I wouldn't boo the guy, but I absolutely on't wish him success in the future (unless we have a sell on fee included of course). I'm just showing him the same loyalty as he is to BCFC. When his contracts up, he has no interest or relevance here, and more than likely he'll be at a rivals team. And any success will contribute to our lack of it.

Adam just reafirmed the situ: For those saying 'should have sold in the summer', only had bids from one club; Nicky made clear he would not join that club. #BristolCity

That's true but if he told the club and fans back then he did not want to stay, We could have transfer listed the player which would have started a bidding war then maybe a lower league prem team might have took him on.

Sorry can i just ask in what way could he have gone about better???

Sign the bloody contract??!

City would never stand in his way of a move to the prem - so to not sign a contract, city are the big losers, when we could have all been winners....

If he is good enough the big move would come....

Barnard had interest from barnsley, but signed a deal and we got 750k, instead of nothing....

Nothing wrong with ambition, but he is screwing the club over in the process

Sorry can i just ask in what way could he have gone about it better?? There was an offer made from Leicester City in August for a proven Championship striker in Nicky Maynard, can we assume that BCFC gave Nicky the opportunity to speak to Leicester. NM turns down a potential move to Leicester. He has one year left on his contract, at no point has he slated BCFC, at no point has he not honoured the terms of his contract with BCFC, at no point has this situation been washed in the public and press.

Nicky Maynard is honouring the terms of his contract, Nicky Maynard is our top scorer, and imo has not disrespected the club or not given 100% to the cause......He is a player with plenty of ambition and a lot of talent and i really cant see how he could have handled this situation any better. At no point has he come out and said he wants to stay, all he has said is he would consider a new offer but would like to weigh his options up.

I am bemused at the abuse he is getting on here, including people wanting him to fail in the Prem or how he has strung us along.....As mentioned earlier it is not Nicky Maynards responsibility to protect the finances of our football club, if you were him would you have gone somewhere you didnt want to join in Leicester just so BCFC could get 6m? i dont think anyone would.

As mentioned by someone earlier good luck to him and i also will be watching his career with interest after BCFC

I'm not suggesting Nicky should have gone to Leicester and I'm pretty sure I wasn't abusing him. As I said, Nicky is well within his rights to go elsewhere, but my point is that nothing has changed since the summer. I refuse to believe he's suddenly come to conclusion he isn't going to sign a new deal, this is something he's had in his mind since the summer. If he'd come out in July and said "I'm off in a year" the club may have cut their losses in the summer, sold him relatively cheaply if a Premier League club comes in and everyone is fairly happy. This way, we'll be rushed into a sale, have less money for a replacement and less time to find one. Nicky would have lost nothing by being open about his desire to leave in the summer and the club could have been in control of the situation. I don't blame Nicky for wanting to run his contract down; if I were at a club other than City and had te opportunity to do the same who's to say I wouldn't? But I think he at least owed te club a little honesty and we could have ended up with everyone being remainder happy

Sorry can i just ask in what way could he have gone about it better?? There was an offer made from Leicester City in August for a proven Championship striker in Nicky Maynard, can we assume that BCFC gave Nicky the opportunity to speak to Leicester. NM turns down a potential move to Leicester. He has one year left on his contract, at no point has he slated BCFC, at no point has he not honoured the terms of his contract with BCFC, at no point has this situation been washed in the public and press.

Nicky Maynard is honouring the terms of his contract, Nicky Maynard is our top scorer, and imo has not disrespected the club or not given 100% to the cause......He is a player with plenty of ambition and a lot of talent and i really cant see how he could have handled this situation any better. At no point has he come out and said he wants to stay, all he has said is he would consider a new offer but would like to weigh his options up.

I am bemused at the abuse he is getting on here, including people wanting him to fail in the Prem or how he has strung us along.....As mentioned earlier it is not Nicky Maynards responsibility to protect the finances of our football club, if you were him would you have gone somewhere you didnt want to join in Leicester just so BCFC could get 6m? i dont think anyone would.

As mentioned by someone earlier good luck to him and i also will be watching his career with interest after BCFC

I agree he is honouring his contract.(This is to keep himself playing and in the shop window so he can get the best move he can). But he has strung the club along with the hope with a better set up he might sign and this was always untrue.

City would never stand in his way of a move to the prem - so to not sign a contract, city are the big losers, when we could have all been winners....

Barnard had interest from barnsley, but signed a deal and we got 750k, instead of nothing....

Totally agree with your statment.

I just hope that he goes in January.

He should be told now that he will not be playing for the rest of the season and training with the kids.

This should make him seriously consider leaving even if it's to a Championship club.

I'm sure they'll be plenty of interest from the C'ship - Saints, West Ham, Leicester etc

We have to protect our own interests and get the best fee possible.

This

This is a big kick in the nuts for us at a crucial time of the year. We have no option but to drop Maynard and get Pitman in and the new system working asap.

I'm very disappointed with the non business way the club has let this situation go on this long. He should have been forced out in summer.

Please board of directors toughen up grow some balls. NO SIGN NO PLAY AND THERES THE DOOR. No one player is bigger than the club.

This development should make for an interesting couple of weeks !!

It will certainly split this forum into groups of people who can see his point of view , or think he's a ####. Those that would play him and those that would not.

I think the club has to shoulder some of the blame for letting this drag on the way it has. He should have been told to sign by the end of August or go on the list , IMO. Chinapig has alluded to this deadline many times on here over the last few months and the club should have been more rigid in its stance.

All a matter of opinion of course , and mine is , NM should never pull on a City shirt again. Get Pitman in the side for Coventry and let Maynard spend Chritmas and the forseeable future at home with his family.

Sorry Riaz but I think your way off on this one, were not losing anything that we haven't known we could lose for the last 2 1/2 years since we singed him. At that time a business plan should have been drawn up to make sure we didn't lose any money if he did this - there was never any guaranty that we could sell him so that should never have been in the financial forecast, everyone agreed to the deal up front and as far as I can tell he has for filled his part of the agreement.

Where has it been said by the Club or Maynard that he doesn't want to play for BCFC?

The Club have said... "For his own reasons Nicky has made it clear he does not wish to enter into any more discussions at this time." Derek McInnesAnd speaking exclusively to bcfc.co.uk, Derek said: "For some time now Nicky has had a very good offer on the table, showing the club's ambition and our desire to secure his future with us beyond the end of this season.

"For his own reasons Nicky has made it clear he does not wish to enter into any more discussions at this time. As much as I would like to keep Nicky at the club beyond the end of this season, we are left in an unenviable situation.

"We must protect the football club and, therefore, we have no alternative option but to seek offers for Nicky during the forthcoming January transfer window and see what transpires from there."

All that has been said, is that he doesn't want to discuss it at this time. The Club are acting to protect themselves and make some money.

Fans are saying he is greedy and has no loyalty...this is a joke right? How do they know? We don't know what's been offered or promised.

I can see Nicky being started everyweek until he leaves.

I can't remember Andy Cole getting this much abuse. We'll still break even with the money i'm sure, and he has scored some great goals for us, and won games on his own. People have a short memory to how reliant we were for his goals, when we were so crap.

I totally blame the Club for what has been a complete shambles over the past 3 seasons.

Good luck Nicky... It must have been hell turning up for work every day under KM.

I totally feel for Delboy...he's been left in a complete rock and hard place situation. He has to sell Nicky to keep Sexstone happy, so will have to keep him in the shop window. Then have to keep Pitman happy. Then he has a relegation fight on his hands...the poor bloke must be having kittens.

Crazy situation to be in really. And for a Professional run football Club, you have to start asking questions. No wonder we've always been the 'underachieving sleeping giant'... Piss up and brewery comes to mind :disapointed2se:

Who gives a Damn, players come, players go. Some get released, some get sold, some let their contracts run out, its life.

We never see people get on their high horse when players are released, we never see fans saying we should of given the player more respect, we never see fans saying the club should have given a released player another contract because he has been loyal to us.

Get a grip It's only a player, we see them come and go all the time.

Where ever he ends up good luck to the guy, just hope he has the talent he thinks he has, one thing is for sure, teams will be very wary over his availability record, he is very injury prone when it comes to long term injuries.

It was never a suprise but what do you do if your Dmc, play Maynard and hope he has a stormer agaisnt Cov and Southampton infront of the scouts (unlikely) or change the system and bring in Pitman as we will need to eventually. On the subject on NM's behaviour, this is football and it happens time and time again, the only issue is now getting the best deal for the club and moving on without NM. Heres to a 3 nil win at Cov!

I'm sad that he didn't sign the contract as I still rate him as a 20 goal a season striker. I'm not going to be booing him as I'm sure he will continue to give 100% for us and he is perfectly entilited not to sign the deal. He thinks he can make it at a higher level and City won't be going there anytime soon. The only thing I would say is that this could have been sorted out more quickly and Nicky perhaps could have decided a bit earlier.

Disappointed but not shocked.

Although anger and impulse will yell drop him, if he's the best available option he should play. He has thrust himself inescapably into the shop window, if he ever was gonna give that extra 10%, which clearly benefits the team, it is now.

No point dropping him on principle if he doesn't move in January, Pitman knows he'll be main man next season now.

Worst case scenario is Pitman approaching the manager and alluding to unhappiness if not selected in the circumstances. In that case, and only in that case, would I begin to consider benching Maynard.

Here's the EP on Maynard today. The second partis more interesting. http://www.thisisbri...tail/story.html

interesting read, DM will pick the strongest side, well Maynard hasn't scored in 4 games in which we have failed to win, easy decision he must be dropped, of course knowing our luck if he does play he could get injured and then we'll get nowt at the end of the season.

At least he's finally made his mind up & we can get on with planning a future without him. The only way we're gonna get decent money is if we can get two or more clubs in a bidding war - Fulham looks like one & have heard whispers that Everton might find some money for him. If not, we'll be lucky to get £3M now that we've gone public with this 'inviting bids' story.

I can understand him wanting top flight football to be fair but I'm pissed off that he hasn't exactly left the club in a stronger bargaining position. We did wait for 10 months for his injury to go and I think we deserve a bit better than this.

Would love to see Pitman get a run now and I'd be VERY surprised if Del picks Maynard again. Del doesn't strike me like the sort of fella to tolerate this sort of circus.

Cheers for the goals Nicky. If you go to a Premier League club then fair play, if you go to another Championship club then you're a tw*t, and you really do look like Leona Lewis so maybe we're better off without!

Where has it been said by the Club or Maynard that he doesn't want to play for BCFC?

The Club have said... "For his own reasons Nicky has made it clear he does not wish to enter into any more discussions at this time." Derek McInnesAnd speaking exclusively to bcfc.co.uk, Derek said: "For some time now Nicky has had a very good offer on the table, showing the club's ambition and our desire to secure his future with us beyond the end of this season.

"For his own reasons Nicky has made it clear he does not wish to enter into any more discussions at this time. As much as I would like to keep Nicky at the club beyond the end of this season, we are left in an unenviable situation.

"We must protect the football club and, therefore, we have no alternative option but to seek offers for Nicky during the forthcoming January transfer window and see what transpires from there."

All that has been said, is that he doesn't want to discuss it at this time. The Club are acting to protect themselves and make some money.

Fans are saying he is greedy and has no loyalty...this is a joke right? How do they know? We don't know what's been offered or promised.

I can't remember Andy Cole getting this much abuse. We'll still break even with the money i'm sure, and he has scored some great goals for us, and won games on his own. People have a short memory to how reliant we were for his goals, when we were so crap.

I totally blame the Club for what has been a complete shambles over the past 3 seasons.

Good luck Nicky... It must have been hell turning up for work every day under KM.

I totally feel for Delboy...he's been left in a complete rock and hard place situation. He has to sell Nicky to keep Sexstone happy, so will have to keep him in the shop window. Then have to keep Pitman happy. Then he has a relegation fight on his hands...the poor bloke must be having kittens.

Crazy situation to be in really. And for a Professional run football Club, you have to start asking questions. No wonder we've always been the 'underachieving sleeping giant'... Piss up and brewery comes to mind :disapointed2se:

hoorah...great post, so short sighted the ones who are slagging him off....agree the club has been run in a very farcical fashion for a while now...i wouldnt have wanted to sign a new contract with clueless millen in charge....

Inevitable and no surprise to anyone. Don't get the calls to drop him though - given where we are in the table, you surely pick the best players we have available? And I agree with a previous poster we need him in the shop window if we are to find a bidder in January. I don't recall many times when a Premier League team bids a lot for a championship player who is turning out for the reserves?

Inevitable and no surprise to anyone. Don't get the calls to drop him though - given where we are in the table, you surely pick the best players we have available? And I agree with a previous poster we need him in the shop window if we are to find a bidder in January. I don't recall many times when a Premier League team bids a lot for a championship player who is turning out for the reserves?

I don't think he is the best player in his position at the club, to me Pitman is a far more natural goalscorer than Maynard. I think the play him to sell him argument is a red herring as if he doesn't give a toss either way about us then he's unlikely to impress anyway!

Fourth from bottom and playing as a lone striker - not a great second half of the season to look forward to is it when you might get a deal at Wigan or Fulham or someone like that.

Don't really blame hime for not signing a contract during a very turbulent time for the club. Let's show what a good bunch we are forget all this booing nonsense. If he pulls that City shirt on again he should get our total support. Good luck to him in the future.

Our future is getting the best out of BP - looking forward to that' fingerscrossed.gif

I always feared that his agent had persuaded him to run his contract out to enable a hefty signing on fee - he's probably also 'placed' him with a club already so he can step off in the summer - that's my (cynical?) view.

I suspect he wont agree to any accepted bids.

personally I will be delighted to see the back of this affair and let the other striker blossom.

Andy Cole was under a longer contract had not refused to sign a contract or even asked for a move and his sale was a very quick deadline day sale rushed through because of our financial position.

and don't forget that during the summer and early season it was obvious had a prem club made an offer he would almost certainly have gone and guess what not one prem club did.

I cant wait for Coventry. Should b interesting to hear the reaction. Personally i would drop him now. His intention is to leave, fair enuf. He doesnt need a shop window here for us to show his value. We will b lucky to get £2m now hes publicly showed a desire to leave. Anything we now get must b invested wisely.

Archived