IGNORED

Maynard Off - Now Confirmed

Pete1975Legend

Problem is by playing a player who's heart is not in the job and wants away can run the risk of not putting in 100% effort and leading him to go through the motions which in turn can lead to potentially jeapordising clubs own league placing with non production and it's why i'd rather see a player on the pitch running through brick walls for his team and fans and not a lad who just does not want to be here.

When maynard goes good luck to him but city should now be concerned with the players who want to stay and put in a good shift.

Quite right, it could also lead to pissing off the players who do want to be here. Got no problem with his decision but I think we should be looking to play the lads that are fully committed to BCFC.

You also have another issue - is he going to be worried about getting injured thus jeapordising his big move?

Maynard has lost us millions of pounds, stop Brett playing just incase he changed his mind on a contract, and took 10months of wages when injured.

What do we get in return? Nothing.

Disgusting treatment by him and I hope he goes ASAP!

If he plays for us again I will boo him.

SPOT ON. Maynard is nothing but a typically greedy, moneygrabbing footballer. And there were people who thought he was honest etc etc.

He could of helped us out by stating his intentions 6 months ago. Past few months people have been calling for Brett to be allowed to step up to the mark, but Maynard is selected week in, week out. Now i hope he's dropped for good.

As someone else said, why put him in the 'shop window'? We don't need to. He has a decent track record. He isn't going to give 100%, because that runs the risk of injury, which in turn could scupper his big signing on move. It also sends out a bad message to Pittman and Stead. He has to be dropped. Not exactly on fire with his form at the moment anyway is he.

Also,if he is picked for some mental reason, people will always blame the contract situation etc if he doesn't score, and if he does, people will say 'well now he's trying, just to benefit himself' etc.

Working boxing day sadly, but i wouldn't hold back and let my feeling be known by booing maynard. Stitched us right up.

The guy's in the shop window now and great performances could attract a better club.

Yes it could but to be fair he's been in the shop window for months, clubs are waiting for a cut price in jan or a free in the summer, they all know what he can do so i don't feel by not playing him will make any difference to clubs after him as it's about the money, i hope we get 6 mill for him in jan but thats a big ask, it's just a gamble playing a player who has one foot out of the car park gate and maybe his mind being else where, city need some results now and maynard up front on his own at this time is a worry with all this going on, also city do need to send a message to other players or mainly agents over these type of contract issues.

SPOT ON. Maynard is nothing but a typically greedy, moneygrabbing footballer. And there were people who thought he was honest etc etc.

He could of helped us out by stating his intentions 6 months ago. Past few months people have been calling for Brett to be allowed to step up to the mark, but Maynard is selected week in, week out. Now i hope he's dropped for good.

As someone else said, why put him in the 'shop window'? We don't need to. He has a decent track record. He isn't going to give 100%, because that runs the risk of injury, which in turn could scupper his big signing on move. It also sends out a bad message to Pittman and Stead. He has to be dropped. Not exactly on fire with his form at the moment anyway is he.

Also,if he is picked for some mental reason, people will always blame the contract situation etc if he doesn't score, and if he does, people will say 'well now he's trying, just to benefit himself' etc.

Working boxing day sadly, but i wouldn't hold back and let my feeling be known by booing maynard. Stitched us right up.

Don't think that may be quite the case. Think I've read somewhere that we offered him 25k a week with bonuses, I don't honestly see him getting more than that elsewhere so I wouldn't call him money grabbing

it is good news that Maynard has at last made it clear that he will not sign a new contract. it is also good news that the club have made him available for sale and that we have the chance to recoups something in January,l rather than diddly squat next Summer.

However, my worry is that the reality is that N's position is no different than last summer. He is still within his current contract, so he still holds all the cards. We could get a £6m bid from Ful;ham or QPR but Nicky can reject the move out of hand and there is nothing we can do about it. NM will know that finfncially he a more attractive proposition if no fee has to be paid by the buying club so he will probably have a wider , and better choice fo clubs in from him next summer. Similarly, NM also makes more if he moves next summer as his signing on fee will be bigger as there is no transfer fee to be paid. As a nother poster has sopeculated, it would be no surprise if NM has agreed a deal with a club to go there on a free next summer - good news for everyone but us.

Personally, I think the Maynard transfer saga has had a bigger effect on the club this season than we realise, so personally i would prefer him to move in January so it's done and dusted and we can focus on a relegation fight with players who want to be here. If Maynard is still here after January then DM has a tough decision to make about Maynard's playing status. He might be our best player, and we might have been playing one up front and this is not Nicky's preferred choice. However, Maynard has not been consistent enough this season, and I think many fans feel that with the same number of starts, Brett Pitman would have scored more goals this season, so deserves his chance come what may after Christmas.

I never said wayne bridge should'nt be angry with him. But why does the rest of the nation give a ****....

We are a nation of women it appears...

People have affairs, John Terry isnt the first and certainly wont be the last....Like I said before, I only care about what he does for england. Unless he is a racist - but I dont think he is and thats a totally different subject (which I dont particularly want to start)

True that, but those that do dont have much morale fibre or respect for the vows they have taken.... especially when it comes to your best mates wife!!

Just marry a fit bird like me and no need for affairs

your right maybe we are a nation of women :tongue:

And how do you know his 'hearts' not in it? For some one who isnt 'giving 100 percent and to still to be top scorer for the club in a team that are playing rubbish in general. Doesnt suggest anything other than the utmost professionalism. This clearly holds no sway with 'fans' and as you go on to say you want someone to step up and be superman, something that will likely never happen. Talk about having unrealistic expectations here. Again, other than some kind of blind panic, there isnt any reason for the vilification that Maynard is getting on here, for his decision not to sign a NEW contract, not that he ISNT going to honour his current contract.

No, Maynard doesnt want to sign another contract with Bristol City, that isnt the same as not wanting to play for the club and that is quite a HUGE difference. He has a contract until the summer and is prepared to honour that. So he doesnt want to sign another one, So what. I suppose no one on here has never looked for a better job with better prospects and better wages. That doesnt mean that suddenly he doesnt want to play.Its the club that has put him up for sale, the player hasnt asked to be sold at this time and instead the fans are clutching at straws and coming up with the most inane reasons, with added wild speculation as why its best not to play him and make an example of him. in the interim.

nail hit firmly on the head with your statement above....in all this thread this paragraph makes the most sense of the maynard situation

'Even if City accept an offer, any transfer will still be subject to Maynard agreeing to a move. There is nothing to prevent him seeing his contract out, securing a move in the summer and pocketing a sizeable signing-on fee as a free agent.

It is understood McInnes will continue to select his strongest side and it will come as a surprise if Maynard does not start against Coventry at the Ricoh Arena on Boxing Day'.

Fair play to Maynard...I'd be doing the same thing.

He's a great striker and has ambition to play at the top level.

He's not going to get it with us.

We've only ourselves to blame. Who would want to be playing under KM and as a lone striker all this season. He's probably sick of the sight of this club.

Delboy isn't going to make it any better for him.

This is what happens when you appoint shit managers...we are losing him because of all the time he has played under KM imho. He's just had enough.

The promises he's getting now, are probably the same one's he got when he first signed for us. Who'd blame him...

I couldn't have said it better myself. Just hope that he does go in January so we get a bit of moolah. Sympathy goes out to all that get a Maynard shirt for christmas

And how do you know his 'hearts' not in it? For some one who isnt 'giving 100 percent and to still to be top scorer for the club in a team that are playing rubbish in general. Doesnt suggest anything other than the utmost professionalism. This clearly holds no sway with 'fans' and as you go on to say you want someone to step up and be superman, something that will likely never happen. Talk about having unrealistic expectations here. Again, other than some kind of blind panic, there isnt any reason for the vilification that Maynard is getting on here, for his decision not to sign a NEW contract, not that he ISNT going to honour his current contract.

He does not want to sign a contract and stay so he's heart is not with Bristol city, his game has been up and down only up with the new manager coming in but last 2 games he's looked disinterested, do this type of thing in any other job and your in the managers office and he's having words with you, this has gone on long enough and not fair on other strikers chompin at the bit to play.. Effort will be reduced due to not wanting to get injured for his potential new club, we need players to get us out of this bottom end of the table not want aways.

Even though he has a very good record at this level?!

You've made your mind up already..... **** knows what your basing it on?

No, because we don't create chances and Pitman isn't mobile enough to do the hard graft AND get forward and score goals.

I like Pitman and want nothing more than for him to score loads of goals and become the player some people on here fantasise about him being.

My previous post was aimed at those so quick to stick the knife into Maynard as soon as they decided he was a "moneygrabbing swine" If those criterion were valid for open and often hostile criticism of Nicky then they should be applied to Brett too. They won't be by Golden boys knuckle shuffler club so I guess it will be up to me to point out that the new golden boy is in fact Marlon Jackson when Brett inevitably goes on a lean patch in front of goal.

I just hope he is as good as Nogbad et al seem to think...

Just to add a little more detail on my thoughts-

Presumably this announcement is going to encourage much lower valuations of him; becuase ultimately other clubs will read this as we want to get something rather than nothing.

So it all comes down to whether any premier league clubs come in, if a club come in with an offer of say £1m - I guess we take it? I'd like to think however there would be enough interest to push the value people are prepared to pay up a little.

I think/ hope he will go, not because I don't want him at the club; but because I would like to see a return on the investment and commitment shown by Lansdown purchasing him.

No, Maynard doesnt want to sign another contract with Bristol City, that isnt the same as not wanting to play for the club and that is quite a HUGE difference. He has a contract until the summer and is prepared to honour that. So he doesnt want to sign another one, So what. I suppose no one on here has never looked for a better job with better prospects and better wages. That doesnt mean that suddenly he doesnt want to play.

Its the club that has put him up for sale, the player hasnt asked to be sold at this time and instead the fans are clutching at straws and coming up with the most inane reasons, with added wild speculation as why its best not to play him and make an example of him. in the interim.

OR , he does not want to play for us and is prepared to see out the remaining 6 months until he can finally get away. The fact is none of us know what is really going on in his head and

everyone is speculating.

I dont have a problem with him wanting to leave , for whatever reason , be it money or wanting to test himself in the Prem. All I have said is I would not play him if I was the manager as I would have doubts as to wether he could give me 100%.

I PERSONALLY FEEL THE BIGGEST LOSER WILL BE CREWE.

THEY WILL GET NOTHING,AND AS GRADY SAID,NO OTHER EX-CREWE PLAYER HAS BEEN THAT DISRESPECTFUL TO THE CLUB WHICH STARTED HIS CAREER.

Are we ignoring the money they've already got for him?!

I disagree, I'd say we'll be the biggest loser... which is a shame because Lansdown invested a lot of money in him for our club - something I had a lot of respect for.

Not signing a contract does not mean his heart is not with Bristol City, or you could apply that to Carey who went to Coventry under similar circumstances, yet he doesnt and DIDNT get the same vilification because of it.

F-ing hell, scarcely a thread is posted here where Carey and Coventry isn't mentioned. I swear some people here probably think he taught John Terry that naughty phrase!!

Not signing a contract does not mean his heart is not with Bristol City, or you could apply that to Carey who went to Coventry under similar circumstances, yet he doesnt and DIDNT get the same vilification because of it.

So his game has been up and down, Our season is such that pretty much all of our players have been crap at one point this season, so highlighting one example and declaring it to be the truth and thus must be the way really doesnt cut any muster when compared to everyone else who isnt trying or is having a naff season. We wouldnt be 20th if everyone was having the season's of their lives.

We also furthermore dont know if McInnes has had words with Maynard about performance over the last few games, so that is idle speculation. Also if Pitman is 'chomping at the bit' to play, why is he coming on and also playing like gubbins?

A player who wants out will not put in 100% in risk of getting injured therefore messing up chances of a move and city can't risk this in the position we are in, if he goes then fair enough but we got to change the strikers now.

Pitman playing like gubbins? you confuse me fella when you say on ZH you don't go to games :facepalm:

A player who wants out will not put in 100% in risk of getting injured therefore messing up chances of a move and city can't risk this in the position we are in, if he goes then fair enough but we got to change the strikers now.

Pitman playing like gubbins? you confuse me fella when you say on ZH you don't go to games :facepalm:

Never mind safe standing CH. City's new stadium should have a stand made up with armchair's. There's loads on here who think that's where they get the best view !!

I wish some fans would get some perspective.

Loyalty and football Clubs don't mix. And it swings both ways.

Players have no allegence to Clubs, unless they supported them as a kid, and then personal issues come first. Most players like to finish off their careers at their supported Club if they can.

Ask yourselves how many 'Legends' that have played for us in the past, have to pay for their own ticket to watch City now. The Club have no allegence to them, so why should players have allegence to City?

What are Bristol City going to do for Nicky Maynard and his family in the future? **** all...He'll be an ex player...and that is all.

I honestly believe their are many on here, who don't understand how a contract works.

For example...Hypothetically... If someone like Newcastle came in and offered City £10 million for Maynard, then unless Maynard wants to go, we can't sell him.

It's down to mutual agreement between both player and Club. Maynard has every right to sit on his contract and become a free agent in the Summer, regardless of what offers come in. We can't sell him, regardless of the money offered, unless he agrees to it.

The Club have now circulated his name...and the likes of QPR, Fulham and Everton might come calling in January and make an offer. But unless Maynard wants to leave, we can do **** all about it.

Only Leicester came calling in the Summer. No one else. Maynard didn't want to go to Leicester. That's why we didn't sell him, not because we didn't want the £6 Million offered. The same could happen again.

Can we get this valuation thing into perspective? If someone like Barnsley had a player like Maynard available with his recent stats and six months left on his contract, would we be tearing up trees to get him? If our board paid anything over two mill for that player I would be worried we had lost all sense of value. I know we are not flush, but the only teams that could afford to throw that sort of money about to get him really don't need him. I am resigned to 1.5m at best, but more likely to see him walk for free in the summer.

Maynard, you are a Pr*ck. It will be more than boos from me, start or no start for him. Keeping in mind we need him in the shop window for potential buyers. SCUM, SCUM, SCUM, SCUM.

I hope for this clubs sake you don't bother going to any games, the club can do without people like you.

But he hasnt said he wants out, now that's my point, its the club yet again who have decided to make a huge issue of it. All Nicky has done has said is that he isnt signing a new contract with us.

The 100 percent thing didnt seem to stop Bothroyd or indeed our own Kilkenny from last season putting in graft for the clubs that they were leaving because they were OOC. So how comes it's a completely different situation with Maynard?

As for Pitman playing like gubbins, Ive seen the televised matches and highlights of recent games where applicable, so having see him play, rather than only read about it I feel I can make that judgement

He won't tell the public he wants out but he's told his agent to tell the club he won't sign the contract and with no contract your no longer tied to the club so what your saying is i'm leaving, i don't want to play for you anymore, now the club has no choice to tell clubs he's now for sale when at first they turned clubs down, big issue by the club? not really as time is running out and they now need to recoup some money back on him.

Kilkenny wanted to stay with leeds but did not get on with the chairman a different situation than maynards..

Pitman has been doing well when he's played for us, re-tune that tv fella' :innocent06:

Gotta be :gasmask:

No serious inteligent BCFC fan could be that much of a knuckle dragger...Surely? :dunno:

No, genuine lifelong fan. Just one that says what they are thinking and gets on with it. Not someone who sits in the Atyeo in silence "for the good of the club." I don't sit there offering no support, excitement or passion, with a Bristol City red or yellow shirt on clapping traters like Mayn*rd.

To the tune of Maynard sign the deal: Maynard your a ****.

No, genuine lifelong fan. Just one that says what they are thinking and gets on with it. Not someone who sits in the Atyeo in silence "for the good of the club." I don't sit there offering no support, excitement or passion, with a Bristol City red or yellow shirt on clapping traters like Mayn*rd.

To the tune of Maynard sign the deal: Maynard your a ****.

So you think your comments are passion and support? Right oh then. God help us all... Tbh mate...you're the type of person that stops me wanting to go to watch City these days. You always end up sitting next to someone like you, who thinks shouting and balling any old shit is support. What you don't realise is that if you didn't pay your money, The Club wouldn't give a shit about you. You're just a number. They wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. I'd love to see you call Maynard a ***** to his face. It's easy when your behind a keyboard or with a pack of Knuckledraggers...The Club don't need idiots like you.

This idiots comments about Maynard should be wiped off by the Mods imho...or banned.

My worry is that Maynard is played as he is being played at the moment, ie alone up front and not doing much. Then on the 31st of January at 1 minute to midnight, or whenever the window shuts, we get a low bid from a club looking to take advantage (assuming they don't want to wait until the end of the season for a free).

We then accept the bid as something is better than nothing. But what happens when we face Leeds Utd in the next game a few days later? Have we been brave and brought in a replacement before Maynard had gone? Do we start Pitman and Stead who haven't played a whole match between them in months? is Taylor off his crutches and able, will Clarkson make subs bench?

What we do NOW could affect what happens to Bristol City next, with or without Maynard.

Archived