IGNORED

Maynard Off - Now Confirmed

Pete1975Legend

Re the NM situation and people talking about "loyalty", I'm sad to say that these days the word loyalty doesn't exist in football.Remember it works both ways and there are lots of players who have been happy and playing well for there current club with no intention of leaving and then out of the blue they get told that an offer from another club has been accepted. All of a sudden the player feels he's not wanted and the club want or need to sell him.Where is the loyalty now.It really is a two way thing and clubs are just as disloyal as players.If we sell NM I would like to wish him well,he has only done what he feels is right for him as would most of us in the same boat.

Letrs face it we've all known for yonks that Maynard was going to leave. Don't even worry about the fact that we paid him during his injury lay off because at the end of the day he is a professional footballer and is basically a greedy a**ewipe. Bigger and far better players have left our club and we continue on. Bye bye Nicky, thanks for all and I hope your knee packs up before January.

I just want to say that anyone who for some reason feels the need to either boo Nicky whilst playing or slags him off on here or during a game, you do not deserve to call yourself a fan of this football club! Singling out a player who wants to enhance his career is a disgrace. Whilst Nicky is still a player of Bristol City I shall continue to show the same amount of support as I would to any other City player and I think that everyone else should be doing the same. Obviously his decision is very gutting, but I think most of us knew it was fairly inevitable. COYR :city:

Would there of been this sort of reaction to maynard not signing and being put up for sale if Leicester didnt offer £6m at the start of the season? I personally think it could be a blessing in disguise, him leaving. Might be able to get a striker not scared of entering the penalty area whistle.gif

No, because we don't create chances and Pitman isn't mobile enough to do the hard graft AND get forward and score goals.

I like Pitman and want nothing more than for him to score loads of goals and become the player some people on here fantasise about him being.

My previous post was aimed at those so quick to stick the knife into Maynard as soon as they decided he was a "moneygrabbing swine" If those criterion were valid for open and often hostile criticism of Nicky then they should be applied to Brett too. They won't be by Golden boys knuckle shuffler club so I guess it will be up to me to point out that the new golden boy is in fact Marlon Jackson when Brett inevitably goes on a lean patch in front of goal.

I just hope he is as good as Nogbad et al seem to think...

It's not "what I seem to think" Jordan, Pitman has already proven he is capable of scoring well at Championship level - unlike Marlon Jackson who you've weirdly chosen to include in your argument.

The point was, and is, that with Maynard's abysmal extended barren run earlier this season Pitman fully deserved to get his chance and replace him.

One eyed Maynard fanatics like you defended him to the hilt despite his pitiful record. I countered you, and others, with the hope you would afford Pitman the same generosity if he encountered a similar non scoring run - hard to imagine though that is.

You say you like Pitman yet then bizarrely absolutely refuse to give him the chance to establish himself in City's attack, promising instead to be hostile as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

It seems Maynard's transfer listing has hit you hard and you've reached the bitter conclusion that you were wrong to defend him so strongly and misguided also to support the continuing exclusion of a tremendous young goalscoring talent in Brett Pitman.

I have indeed got every faith Pitman will score well for City given a run of games and he'll prove every bit as successful as many of us believe.

What's more he is a very affable individual who I really want to succeed at BCFC - in direct contrast to the rather dreary Maynard, who, despite his success at the club, I have never felt any real affinity with at all.

I won't miss Nicky Maynard, the sooner he goes the better, and better still if he'd gone months ago. He'll now be remembered as an accomplished striker but someone who in the final analysis had no feeling for Bristol City Football Club whatsoever, and as such, as a Bristol City fan, my interest in Nicky Maynard and his future career when he leaves AG is now zero.

Fortunately for Brett Pitman there is a huge amount of goodwill towards him from fans impatient to see him in the starting line up. We don't expect hat tricks every week but what we do know is he'll always get good efforts in on goal and there will be no lack of enthusiasm or endeavour. His goalscoring record speaks for itself.

He'll be raring to go and despite your own sour comments there's no doubt the huge majority of City fans will be not only understanding but 100% behind him as he belatedly, and deservedly, gets the opportunity to establish himself as Bristol City's first choice attacker.

One point we may be missing,is that unless he has a move pre-agreed to a prem side,who realistically wants to sign an out of form Championship striker with a serious injury history?

Theres more than a fair chance no-one bids for him in January,and if he doesn't bang in another 12 goals before seasons end,he may not get his 'dream' move even then.

What next for Mr Maynard if that happens?

There are some good proven players playing in the twos for the top prem teams that lower clubs maybe would favour over Maynard.

I wonder what Karma has in store for our Nicky? :englandsmile4wf:

Absolutely. I think it's called 'doing a Basso'...

It's not "what I seem to think" Jordan, Pitman has already proven he is capable of scoring well at Championship level - unlike Marlon Jackson who you've weirdly chosen to include in your argument.

The point was, and is, that with Maynard's abysmal extended barren run earlier this season Pitman fully deserved to get his chance and replace him.

One eyed Maynard fanatics like you defended him to the hilt despite his pitiful record. I countered you, and others, with the hope you would afford Pitman the same generosity if he encountered a similar non scoring run - hard to imagine though that is.

You say you like Pitman yet then bizarrely absolutely refuse to give him the chance to establish himself in City's attack, promising instead to be hostile as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

It seems Maynard's transfer listing has hit you hard and you've reached the bitter conclusion that you were wrong to defend him so strongly and misguided also to support the continuing exclusion of a tremendous young goalscoring talent in Brett Pitman.

I have indeed got every faith Pitman will score well for City given a run of games and he'll prove every bit as successful as many of us believe.

What's more he is a very affable individual who I really want to succeed at BCFC - in direct contrast to the rather dreary Maynard, who, despite his success at the club, I have never felt any real affinity with at all.

I won't miss Nicky Maynard, the sooner he goes the better, and better still if he'd gone months ago. He'll now be remembered as an accomplished striker but someone who in the final analysis had no feeling for Bristol City Football Club whatsoever, and as such, as a Bristol City fan, my interest in Nicky Maynard and his future career when he leaves AG is now zero.

Fortunately for Brett Pitman there is a huge amount of goodwill towards him from fans impatient to see him in the starting line up. We don't expect hat tricks every week but what we do know is he'll always get good efforts in on goal and there will be no lack of enthusiasm or endeavour. His goalscoring record speaks for itself.

He'll be raring to go and despite your own sour comments there's no doubt the huge majority of City fans will be not only understanding but 100% behind him as he belatedly, and deservedly, gets the opportunity to establish himself as Bristol City's first choice attacker.

Nogbad the Bad, you are so right, a really good post, really good.

1324684747' post=1481683']

Excellent piece from noggers,Maynard has never really shown connection with the city fans.He does not come across with much enthusiasm for Bristol City and it's fans. Many of us have been calling for BP to be given the nod over Maynard for a long while.If Del starts with Maynard over Brett at Coventry that will be a kick in the goolies for BP.Maynard is history,I hope he is gone at the earliest opportunity,I want players giving their all to the cause,Maynard has not been doing that for a long while. if BP does not start next game,I think he will have every right to put a transfer request in.No city fans could blame him for that.

You think he would turn down a Prem team in Jan, who is he holding out for, Real Madrid?

No, hes trying to let his contract run down so that more/better prem clubs are interested in him and he will also get a huge signing on fee! if he was to leave in January this wouldnt be the case! hes screwing us over left, right and centre! no respect for the club who helped him back from his injury, which was HIS FAULT! no respect to a club who gave him his chance at this level, making him our record signing, and most importantly no respect for the fans who had hopes of him signing a new deal, who also pay money to watch him perform week in week out, and to be honnest he hasnt even been able to do that... hes a scum bag in my eyes and will be getting abuse from me on monday.

hes a scum bag in my eyes and will be getting abuse from me on monday

So you're going to abuse one of our team, if he plays. That sounds pretty supportive of the cause and will show more disrespect to the team than Maynards ever done.

May I suggest you buy a ticket in the home end you muppet.

So you're going to abuse one of our team, if he plays. That sounds pretty supportive of the cause and will show more disrespect to the team than Maynards ever done.

May I suggest you buy a ticket in the home end you muppet.

He isn't part of our 'team' though is he......he doesn't want to play for us anymore.

Anyway, more to the point he shouldn't be anywhere near the squad from now on....so booing should not be an issue.

Haha some very angry people here.

Joseph fritzel, Myra hindley et al I would class as scum. Maynard scum? A little harsh for not renewing his contract.

Some people need to take a long hard look at themselves if they honestly think someone doing something legal in attempt to further their career and earn more money can be classed as scum. Get over yourself!

Maynard ain't scum. But he is screwing city over and wants out of this club...

He will get some from me.

Well if you feel the need to give him some, please wait until the end of the match... If he is selected. It will not help the team one iota if it is done during the game. Remember, the guys he is playing with are also his mates, who knows how they will react in terms of performance out on the pitch.

Maynard will disappear now. He isn't, and never has been, good enough for the premier league - he hardly looks good enough for the Bristol City first XI.

I wouldn't say I'm particularly bitter - he agreed a deal whenever and is seeing that deal out. However, we all knew he wouldn't sign the deal so he could have given us some real time to sell him on. Although, having said that, January tends to see inflated prices so who knows what kind of price we could expect from a very, very desperate PL team.

I honestly believe whoever signs him is going to be very, very disappointed. It's a bit like Lee Trundle? He's built up a reputation in the media and with opposition fans for the odd bit of skill - in maynards case long range goals - but in truth, those who see him play week in week out will know that he's nothing special.

Well if you feel the need to give him some, please wait until the end of the match... If he is selected. It will not help the team one iota if it is done during the game. Remember, the guys he is playing with are also his mates, who knows how they will react in terms of performance out on the pitch.

Yes okay dad...

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Of course he could end up at a team where a midfielder with the vision of Hartley plays, and then bangs in the goals!

I still do not think he is good enough for the prem, but I thought the same about the goat! And boy did he prove me wrong. Although to be fair he was one of the most natural finishers I've seen, off the head, nose knee foot arse or chest, it always seemed to find the net

Archived