IGNORED

Maynard Off - Now Confirmed

Pete1975Legend

So you think your comments are passion and support? Right oh then. God help us all... Tbh mate...you're the type of person that stops me wanting to go to watch City these days. You always end up sitting next to someone like you, who thinks shouting and balling any old shit is support. What you don't realise is that if you didn't pay your money, The Club wouldn't give a shit about you. You're just a number. They wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. I'd love to see you call Maynard a ***** to his face. It's easy when your behind a keyboard or with a pack of Knuckledraggers...The Club don't need idiots like you.

This idiots comments about Maynard should be wiped off by the Mods imho...or banned.

You think someones views should be eliminated of a player who has robbed the club of millions, because they aren't nice? This is football for christ sake!! WAKE UP!

I stand in the Eastend every game, supporting all the players, living my life. I love the city, and enjoy going to every single game. There are many who share my views and the club would bloody care if we all stopped going.

Oh and if I see Nicky, Ill let him know exactly what I think don't worry!!

So you think your comments are passion and support? Right oh then. God help us all... Tbh mate...you're the type of person that stops me wanting to go to watch City these days. You always end up sitting next to someone like you, who thinks shouting and balling any old shit is support. What you don't realise is that if you didn't pay your money, The Club wouldn't give a shit about you. You're just a number. They wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. I'd love to see you call Maynard a ***** to his face. It's easy when your behind a keyboard or with a pack of Knuckledraggers...The Club don't need idiots like you.

This idiots comments about Maynard should be wiped off by the Mods imho...or banned.

I personally think everyone has their right to express their opinion, just as you have to disagree with it.

This is an emotive subject and I hope that it can be kept civil and not turn into the usual slanging match to see who can shout the loudest.

You think someones views should be eliminated of a player who has robbed the club of millions, because they aren't nice? This is football for christ sake!! WAKE UP!

I stand in the Eastend every game, supporting all the players, living my life. I love the city, and enjoy going to every single game. There are many who share my views and the club would bloody care if we all stopped going.

This is Football...you are quiet correct. And i'm pefectly awake thankyou.

Nicky Maynard is still a player for us, and hasn't said he doesn't want to play for us. Tbh...The only reason the Club would be worried about you not turning up, is because of your money. If you sat nice and quiet without making silly comments about one of our players, they'd be even more happy. In fact they would be delirious if they could replace you and your likeminded mates, with some corperate hospitality.

In your own words..Wake up this is Football.

I personally think everyone has their right to express their opinion, just as you have to disagree with it.

This is an emotive subject and I hope that it can be kept civil and not turn into the usual slanging match to see who can shout the loudest.

I respect his views. I don't respect him calling Maynard a *****. He knows nothing about the situation, no more than what the Club have stated.

There is no need for personal abuse...especially one of our players.

My worry is that Maynard is played as he is being played at the moment, ie alone up front and not doing much. Then on the 31st of January at 1 minute to midnight, or whenever the window shuts, we get a low bid from a club looking to take advantage (assuming they don't want to wait until the end of the season for a free).

We then accept the bid as something is better than nothing. But what happens when we face Leeds Utd in the next game a few days later? Have we been brave and brought in a replacement before Maynard had gone? Do we start Pitman and Stead who haven't played a whole match between them in months? is Taylor off his crutches and able, will Clarkson make subs bench?

What we do NOW could affect what happens to Bristol City next, with or without Maynard.

We could be left in a similar situation if a decent bid came in for any player. That's one of the many pitfalls of the January transfer window.

We are certainly going to be signing one striker...if he's of sufficient quality then we could probably run with that (Pitman, Stead and Clarkson) till the end of the season.

I feel massively disappointed but not surprised. While Maynard is entitled to run his contract down the fact we looked after him when he was out for 10 months, took a huge punt on him when he had never really played at championship level (let's be honest £2.25m is a lot for a div 2 footballer) if he'd of said in the summer he didn't intend to sign a deal the I would of wished him well (even if he'd of gone to another championship club) but now it looks calculated just to get himself a big signing on fee. Maynard should be dropped and Pittman brought in. He should also remember the grass isn't always greener elsewhere there aren't too many players who left us for "bigger and better" things that make the grade.

Guaranteed some of our moronic fans will boo him in the next match.

Good luck NM, if I was in your shoes I would be doing exactly the same.

Are you a moronic fan? Your comments suggest you are!

Can't believe Bristol City fans are supporting a player holding our club over a barrel, hes ******* us up the ass and you wish him good luck!......words fail me!

Maynard you have behaved like a complete **** stringing my club along. What goes around....hope that dodgy knee doesnt come back to bite you on the arse!

Just to clarify, I have no problem with players having ambition and wanting to better themselfs but they need to be transparent about it and don't take the piss.

Like Riaz said earliar he could of got his move and protected the clubs that have got him to where he is, no not Nicky just look after number 1.

tosser.

That's the problem, I'm accused of not being a fan because I don't think a player should be abused for doing the exact same thing any of us would do in the same situation! The fact that someone referred to me as a "knuckle dragger" is ironic as it's that aged old "players should be loyal" and "players should thank the club by letting their career go stale with them" is why we're still stuck with a 70's mentality at the club.

What this club needs is some fans who don't turn on the very players who serve them well just because they make sensible decisions. Maynard is one of the key reasons we've stayed in this league so long supplying us with 0.4 goals a game which is a damn good number considering his first season he took some time adjusting and this season he's come back from a serious injury.

I tell you what, if you can give me an intelligent, constructive answer to the following question without admitting Nicky's done the right thing then I'll shut up:

If you were a professional footballer who has scored some amazing goals, averaged just under a goal every two games even with injury and adapting to a new standard of league, been approached by several bigger clubs and your current club offered you no where near as high of a wage as well as less prospects of success then would you stay at a club viewed as a sinking ship?

As I said before, we finished 4th in our first season in the Championship, then two years in 10th, then 15th and now we're fighting relegation, if this club were viewed as a business it'd be the local coffee shop struggling to compete with Stabucks or Costa Coffee. Our fans have some kind of idea that we're a big club when we're not, sure we're in a big city but the council seem hell bent on stopping anything from moving into the future including the football clubs and we're losing £11m a year so essentially this club remains small. If larger clubs can offer better wages and more prospects then you have to accept that a football player can't use loyalty as his only factor in making a decision to stay or move on. That's where intelligence comes into play and it's plain to see that the intelligent move is to further his career and improve his wages. He was bought and agreed a contract, one he is willing to fulfil, however it's our club that obviously want to cash in and that's a sensible idea. If Nicky signed a new contract then he'd potentially see himself relegated from the Championship and end up moving later for a much less lucrative deal and the club may not even get any more as they'd still be viewed as a club that must sell the player as they can't afford to keep him.

I say good luck to Nicky and I hope he doesn't think twice about our fans like you as somewhere down the line he may be playing for a big club and we may be looking to sign someone from that same club and what'll happen is that player will go to Nicky and say "So what's Bristol City like? Boss says they've made an offer and he's willing to listen" at which point Nicky will say "great city, loved living there, some good fans but they turn on you the second something doesn't go their way"... at which point that player doesn't like the sound of the move and goes to another team. The football world is a small world and a lot of players have mates at other teams, treat a player like crap as he leaves and it'll be his longest and most lasting impression of the club and that could affect future deals.

Maybe so....

But maynard could have been straight with the club by saying "I'm not going to sign a new contract"

Instead of "I'm happy here" and "I love the club"

But he could always be happy here and love the club but still want to leave to test himself at a high level. The default view should be that he is going to leave as it should be with every player as that is what is whats writen, everything else is just hopes and dreams.

+1

Hopefully this ever going story is now coming to an end. Not that dishearted myself. Money we should have had to pay Maynard as a loyalty bonus on top of an extremely good sallary can know be used for a replacement plus we can get a few quid from another club for Maynards signature. A 25 year old managing 7 goals in 22 starts can't be that expensive should we look abroad.

That's the problem, I'm accused of not being a fan because I don't think a player should be abused for doing the exact same thing any of us would do in the same situation! The fact that someone referred to me as a "knuckle dragger" is ironic as it's that aged old "players should be loyal" and "players should thank the club by letting their career go stale with them" is why we're still stuck with a 70's mentality at the club.

What this club needs is some fans who don't turn on the very players who serve them well just because they make sensible decisions. Maynard is one of the key reasons we've stayed in this league so long supplying us with 0.4 goals a game which is a damn good number considering his first season he took some time adjusting and this season he's come back from a serious injury.

I tell you what, if you can give me an intelligent, constructive answer to the following question without admitting Nicky's done the right thing then I'll shut up:

If you were a professional footballer who has scored some amazing goals, averaged just under a goal every two games even with injury and adapting to a new standard of league, been approached by several bigger clubs and your current club offered you no where near as high of a wage as well as less prospects of success then would you stay at a club viewed as a sinking ship?

As I said before, we finished 4th in our first season in the Championship, then two years in 10th, then 15th and now we're fighting relegation, if this club were viewed as a business it'd be the local coffee shop struggling to compete with Stabucks or Costa Coffee. Our fans have some kind of idea that we're a big club when we're not, sure we're in a big city but the council seem hell bent on stopping anything from moving into the future including the football clubs and we're losing £11m a year so essentially this club remains small. If larger clubs can offer better wages and more prospects then you have to accept that a football player can't use loyalty as his only factor in making a decision to stay or move on. That's where intelligence comes into play and it's plain to see that the intelligent move is to further his career and improve his wages. He was bought and agreed a contract, one he is willing to fulfil, however it's our club that obviously want to cash in and that's a sensible idea. If Nicky signed a new contract then he'd potentially see himself relegated from the Championship and end up moving later for a much less lucrative deal and the club may not even get any more as they'd still be viewed as a club that must sell the player as they can't afford to keep him.

I say good luck to Nicky and I hope he doesn't think twice about our fans like you as somewhere down the line he may be playing for a big club and we may be looking to sign someone from that same club and what'll happen is that player will go to Nicky and say "So what's Bristol City like? Boss says they've made an offer and he's willing to listen" at which point Nicky will say "great city, loved living there, some good fans but they turn on you the second something doesn't go their way"... at which point that player doesn't like the sound of the move and goes to another team. The football world is a small world and a lot of players have mates at other teams, treat a player like crap as he leaves and it'll be his longest and most lasting impression of the club and that could affect future deals.

100% correct.

Also just to add, if he does stay in the team, and he does get booed and abused, remember that most of the players are mates of his. Don't be surprised if peoples booing makes some of his mates, and players that those booing may want to stay at the club think..... **** these idiots, why would I want to stay at this club with these nuckle dragging idiots.

So be careful if anyone here wants to vent their spleen, you reap what you sew!

Why are people annoyed with Maynard? He's been a great player and wants to further himself?? So what? Some people need to get over themselves. My favourite quote so far is that 'we stood by him while he was injured', as opposed to....? Nicky Maynard is one of the few footballers i've met who is a genuinely nice person. He is a great striker who wants to play in the premier league. Who cares if he earns £40k a week? Get over it. We've stood still, if not gone backward, in the last 2 years, accept it. He wants to move on, so what? Stop taking it personally. What more did you expect from him? What's he done wrong?Wish the guy luck and be proud that he played for us for a while. Don't be a bunch of cocks and boo, that's just ridiculous. HE'S DONE NOTHING WRONG.

Its not anything personal its a talented player wanting to test himself in the league above ours. Im sure hes very happy here and has probably been hoping/waiting for us to move up the league. But apart from our honey moon period when DMC first arrived that doesnt look like happening anytime soon. As Landsdown said on the radio, Maynards happy but wants to see ambition. I see us maybe getting midtable if we're lucky and who knows next year. How can you blame him for wanting to go?

However if he rejects offers in january to go on a free in the summer, I will very much be on the what **** bandwagon.

Maynard, you are a Pr*ck. It will be more than boos from me, start or no start for him. Keeping in mind we need him in the shop window for potential buyers. SCUM, SCUM, SCUM, SCUM.

Calm down Brett.

That's now way to talk about a team mate and I'm sure you will get your chance very soon.

:laughcont:

<br />Its not anything personal its a talented player wanting to test himself in the league above ours. Im sure hes very happy here and has probably been hoping/waiting for us to move up the league. But apart from our honey moon period when DMC first arrived that doesnt look like happening anytime soon. As Landsdown said on the radio, Maynards happy but wants to see ambition. I see us maybe getting midtable if we're lucky and who knows next year. How can you blame him for wanting to go? <br /><br />However if he rejects offers in january to go on a free in the summer, I will very much be on the what **** bandwagon.<br /><br /><br />

I agree with this and am in the same camp as you.

So he's not going to sign. Well so what. Apart from not allowing the club to get a bigger fee if he did sign, then move, I do not see it as that much of a great loss. Since he has been here I have been puzzled at times by the way that some fans seemed to hold him in such esteem.

As I've said on numerous ocassions he is scorer of great goals. He is not a great goal scorer.

Certainly nowhere near the top of the list of strikers I have seen playing for BCFC. I would be amazed if he did that well at higher level, though I have no wish for him to fail in that repect, I just don't think he is good enough.

Personally, and again I said this before, after having seen Pitman play a few times, I feel Brett is a more talented player, has more to offer up front and is a more natural goal scorer.

NM had one good season, but since then he has never been the answer. I hope Pitman gets his chance and I hope I'm right about him, but if he is not, then let's see what the new manager can do about bringing in a replacement.

edit: spelling

Not only has he shafted us but spare a thought for his boyhood club Crewe he has shafted them also , this is taken from one of their websites and puts it in a different perspective

Today's news however looks like it'll be a huge blow to the Alex directors. With purse strings already extremely tight, a decent sell on from Maynard would likely be the difference between having to sell a current player and not.

<BR itxtNodeId="211"><BR itxtNodeId="210">

surely if he came to an agreement now with the club that he would deff be sold to a prem club as soon as a 3/4 + mill offer came in & they wouldn't stand in his way - then why can't he sign a contract now? it's not a difficult thing to do surely?

it would as many people have said give us a financial benefit and Crewe Alex as well.

(the reason this might not work is if Maynard felt the club wanted too much - but given the current situation, such an agreement would be much more in BCFC's interest than not so they wouldn't set the bar too high)

he would still get his move, everyone would be happy and know where we stand.

he's not doing this though, because he wants a free - he and his agent gets more bunce, and damn the torpedoes!

they didn't want Leicester because they know where they are going in the summer.

drop him, play pitman. - my view.

Are you a moronic fan? Your comments suggest you are!

Can't believe Bristol City fans are supporting a player holding our club over a barrel, hes ******* us up the ass and you wish him good luck!......words fail me!

Maynard you have behaved like a complete **** stringing my club along. What goes around....hope that dodgy knee doesnt come back to bite you on the arse!

Just to clarify, I have no problem with players having ambition and wanting to better themselfs but they need to be transparent about it and don't take the piss.

Like Riaz said earliar he could of got his move and protected the clubs that have got him to where he is, no not Nicky just look after number 1.

tosser.

Incredible!!

Why are people annoyed with Maynard? He's been a great player and wants to further himself?? So what? Some people need to get over themselves. My favourite quote so far is that 'we stood by him while he was injured', as opposed to....? Nicky Maynard is one of the few footballers i've met who is a genuinely nice person. He is a great striker who wants to play in the premier league. Who cares if he earns £40k a week? Get over it. We've stood still, if not gone backward, in the last 2 years, accept it. He wants to move on, so what? Stop taking it personally. What more did you expect from him? What's he done wrong?Wish the guy luck and be proud that he played for us for a while. Don't be a bunch of cocks and boo, that's just ridiculous. HE'S DONE NOTHING WRONG.

Good grief... Breathe mate breathe! :blink:

I haven't read all of this thread, and I don't plan to read all 6 pages, but...

The most pertinent point for me in all of this is that Maynard was on our payroll, despite being injured doing something that was in direct contravention of the club's rules. We stood by him for that.

Now, for the sake of his career, if he wants to move then fair enough. Anybody and everybody want to better themselves. But he knew he wanted to leave, and even if it wasn't to Leicester (and it was his right to turn down that move, so no qualms there) he should have told the club he wasn't going to sign a new contract so that they could circulate his name and got 4/5m for him, or signed a new contract to give the club some stability and pay them back for the rehabilitation.

He could have got his move, the club got a decent fee for a player that they helped to improve and as fans you cannot argue with somebody who wants to move up a level that you cannot give.

As it is, I don't think Maynard has acted particularly honourably towards the club, and I cannot help think that that may be (partially at least) down to his advisors...

Archived