IGNORED

City V Crawley Match Thread

dragonreds

waste of money!shit travel home!

city were shocking thats being nice to be fair!

maynard did himself no.favours trying to earn a prem move terrible shooting! woolford is possibly one of the.worst players at the club! and kilkenny is he lee johnson in diguise?mcinnes needs more then one or two players if were gunna stay up based on that!

People blaming maynard and others saying dont blame him, poor service etc - maynard is a striker and strikers are paid to score, two chances two misses

Did you see either of those chances? Maybe my memory deceives me but it was analysed as 'from a bad angle' which 'needed someone to tuck in at the far post'.

BB from the ground is being far more damning of our players than anyone on here.

'Quality, absolute zero'.disapointed2se.gif

Funny that he was almost defensive towards Maynards only minutes after he was sent up as a witch in this thread. Great coincidence how someone who actually watches the game has a different opinion to those who listened to a local radio reporter.

We just seem to have the same problems year after year and year after year we play largely the same players. This ain't rocket science, things need to change and fast because this squad of players are not up to Championship standard.

The mire l think about it, we would be far better off without Maynard. At the moment there is effectively no competition for his place in Del's eyes and it has become very very unhealthy for us.

Did you see either of those chances? Maybe my memory deceives me but it was analysed as 'from a bad angle' which 'needed someone to tuck in at the far post'.

fair point - i can only comment on what i heard on radio Briz, but to me he does miss those chances you feel he should score, a quality striker makes you feel confident, IMO maynard does not give me that buzz, chances are going to be harder to put away in the permiership, he isnt good enough, again my honest opinion

Can only go from the commentary. The first was set up on a plate by Albert, close in and he couldn't even get it on target.

The second one, as you describe, sounded more difficult but no excuses for failing to score the first.

Can only go from the commentary. The first was set up on a plate by Albert, close in and he couldn't even get it on target.

The second one, as you describe, sounded more difficult but no excuses for failing to score the first.

Yup, that's what it sounded like. But the situation raises its head time and time again.

"Such and such had a shit game."

"Oh right, you were there then?"

"Nah mate, listened on the radio."

A credible argument if ever there was one.

Funny that he was almost defensive towards Maynards only minutes after he was sent up as a witch in this thread. Great coincidence how someone who actually watches the game has a different opinion to those who listened to a local radio reporter.

Yes, but let's all just accept that Maynard had one exceptionally good chance that he should certainly have scored and he failed to even test the keeper.

I don't think BB defended that miss at all, more the fact Maynard was up front on his own and City were pumping long balls.

He would have preferred Stead, or even Nyatanga up front, more chance of winning headers.whistle.gif

We are certainly missing Marv.

Can't be any coincidence that the woeful performances in the last two games have occured since he went off injured.

He may run around like headless chicken at times, but he fights for everything and gets stuck in, in midfield where it counts.

Hope he's back soon, we need him.

He would have preferred Stead, or even Nyatanga up front, more chance of winning headers.whistle.gif

That is, once again, our 4-5-1 falling apart when we don't play the ball on the floor and leave Maynard isolated. He's not having a great time of it, but he's being singled out when the team and others who aren't performing (Adomah was poor on Tuesday and just as bad today by the sounds of it) escape.

He's not having a great time of it, but he's being singled out when the team and others who aren't performing (Adomah was poor on Tuesday and just as bad today by the sounds of it) escape.

Nevertheless Maynard is there to take chances when they come, and an exceptionally good one came his way today.

Sounds like he definitely should have netted that first half sitter which would have changed the game.

Nevertheless Maynard is there to take chances when they come, and an exceptionally good one came his way today.

Sounds like he definitely should have netted that first half sitter which would have changed the game.

so damn easy to say this in hindsight and the fact that if pitman had started and missed the shame chance you would of say give him more time to give him match sharpness. As said on the maynard thread we are relying much too heavily on just the strikers scoring whether this be Maynard or pitman if he starts.

As soon as I saw Skuse starting I had this bad feeling about the game as much as I like the guy and want him to do well I just don't think he's good enough for this level or with Pearson and Kilkenny as a midfield 3.

It was refreshing to see Mcinnes to go with amore attacking minded midfield but without cisse playing sweeper or Elliot running at the opposition our midfield just isn't good enough.

so damn easy to say this in hindsight and the fact that if pitman had started and missed the shame chance you would of say give him more time to give him match sharpness. As said on the maynard thread we are relying much too heavily on just the strikers scoring whether this be Maynard or pitman if he starts.

To say Maynard should definitely have scored (according to the commentary) and that a goal then would have changed the game is hardly talking in hindsight Mike.

And yes, I hope fans will be patient with Pitman if he should miss similar chances - why not, when there has been so much patience and understanding towards NM through repeated, and protracted non scoring runs when good chances have been created for him and he has failed to take them so often?

As soon as I saw Skuse starting I had this bad feeling about the game as much as I like the guy and want him to do well I just don't think he's good enough for this level or with Pearson and Kilkenny as a midfield 3.

It was refreshing to see Mcinnes to go with amore attacking minded midfield but without cisse playing sweeper or Elliot running at the opposition our midfield just isn't good enough.

What League 2?

Archived