IGNORED

Darlington

bcfcbs20

Maybe Mario Balotelli will give them some money... He's done pretty much everything else :laughcont:

He is one of the few that would!

I forget who it was against, but Chelski had some lower league team in the Cup a few seasons ago and Abramovich wrote a cheque whilst he was there that covered their expenses for the next 12 months. An absolute pittance to the man, but what a jesture

It really is time that the big boys started putting a few bob away to make sure no club ever goes to the wall, the Darlington fans have done nothing to deserve this, yet they look like they will lose their team - whilst the people that made the errors go unpunished. Shocking state of affairs

You can bet that any creditors they have outside of the 'football fraternity' won't see a penny of what they're owed (following the example of Portsmouth), while players and manager will somehow receive tidy severance packages while picking up wages elsewhere. Scandalous.

I forget who it was against, but Chelski had some lower league team in the Cup a few seasons ago and Abramovich wrote a cheque whilst he was there that covered their expenses for the next 12 months. An absolute pittance to the man, but what a jesture

It really is time that the big boys started putting a few bob away to make sure no club ever goes to the wall, the Darlington fans have done nothing to deserve this, yet they look like they will lose their team - whilst the people that made the errors go unpunished. Shocking state of affairs

That would be notts county that chelsea gave money to.

Don't know about Notts County, but he definitely gave Scarborough £20,000 ....

I'd be pretty disappointed if Darlo went out of business.They have been my second team for close on 20 years now and I had some great days out watching them when we weren't playing. The team of the mid 90s had players like Robbie Blake playing for them.

I know a few North East lads will be depressed today.

I'd be pretty disappointed if Darlo went out of business.They have been my second team for close on 20 years now and I had some great days out watching them when we weren't playing. The team of the mid 90s had players like Robbie Blake playing for them.

I know a few North East lads will be depressed today.

Doesn't look good does it!? I really hope they don't but not sure where they go from here? I can't believe so many clubs just keep spiraling out of control and into so much trouble. Football needs to sort itself and fast.

Doesn't look good does it!? I really hope they don't but not sure where they go from here? I can't believe so many clubs just keep spiraling out of control and into so much trouble. Football needs to sort itself and fast.

This was Darlo's third Administration in a decade. George Reynolds ( a former chairman) really screwed the club when he built the new stadium. The club didn't need it. Feethams (the old ground) was not great for facilities but was a beautiful ground. You walked through a park and Darlington Cricket Club to get there.

Crowds were rarely over 4K so why build a 25K stadium? The cost to build and subsequent running costs have crippled the club.

Although it is a few years since watching the Quakers I'll be sad to see them go.

This was Darlo's third Administration in a decade. George Reynolds ( a former chairman) really screwed the club when he built the new stadium. The club didn't need it. Feethams (the old ground) was not great for facilities but was a beautiful ground. You walked through a park and Darlington Cricket Club to get there.

Crowds were rarely over 4K so why build a 25K stadium? The cost to build and subsequent running costs have crippled the club.

Although it is a few years since watching the Quakers I'll be sad to see them go.

Yeah seemed crazy! Didn't Reynolds have criminal convictions? How on earth the FA ever allowed someone like him to own a football club defies belief! Like you say, no need for a stadium of that size! I have a mate who is a Bath City fan and went up there for the away game, said it was just madness playing in a stadium of that size that was literally empty!

Yeah seemed crazy! Didn't Reynolds have criminal convictions? How on earth the FA ever allowed someone like him to own a football club defies belief! Like you say, no need for a stadium of that size! I have a mate who is a Bath City fan and went up there for the away game, said it was just madness playing in a stadium of that size that was literally empty!

a safe cracker no less!! amazing how no-one smelt a rat when he arrived as a self-proclaimed saviour. it was a funny story at the time, the kind of quirky mad world story that I love about football. The fallout, however, has been horrible to see. Wouldn't wish closure on anyone bar the gas. and cardiff come to think of it.

a safe cracker no less!! amazing how no-one smelt a rat when he arrived as a self-proclaimed saviour. it was a funny story at the time, the kind of quirky mad world story that I love about football. The fallout, however, has been horrible to see. Wouldn't wish closure on anyone bar the gas. and cardiff come to think of it.

The bloke should have never been allowed anywhere near a football club! It is really sad it has come to this! Surely the FA have to take some responsibility for allowing it to get to this and letting Reynolds rock up and take over the club!? I wouldn't wish this on anyone bar the gas your are right!

Indeed, Mr Reynolds was the self proclaimed 3rd best safecracker in Europe.

Interestingly his first 2 years at Darlo were reasonably successful as he had a policy of signing free agents on good wages. They managed to attract some decent players with North East connections. Marco Gabbiadini, Gary Bennett and Martin Smith to name a few. After that things went wrong and the crowd turned on Reynolds. He is even reported to have gone to a fans house and offered him out for a fight.

There is no way Mr Reynolds would pass a fit and proper test today but hey look who bought Pompey.

he came in before the "fit and Proper" joke er...i mean persons test came in

Archived