IGNORED

Players Who Thought They Were Too Good For City Who Have Failed Elsewhere

redrobin108

Andy Cole....Coud'nt score in a brothel. at least not very often. always needed 3 chances before he scored one, As I heard someone say in the enclosure one match , Cole is useless,all he ever do'es is score. So he must be overated. Joe Royle ? Super BOB ? Super JAKKI ?

Sorry?! Andy cole? Are you suggesting Andy cole done nothing better than city after leaving for...

Manchester united?! You having a laugh? Surely he is one that left and done well? Anyone done better?

Andy Cole....Coud'nt score in a brothel. at least not very often. always needed 3 chances before he scored one, As I heard someone say in the enclosure one match , Cole is useless,all he ever do'es is score. So he must be overated. Joe Royle ? Super BOB ? Super JAKKI ?

That has got to be about the most ridiculous reply ever posted on here!

3 chances before scoring! Blimey I'd settle for that now, don't we need about 14 chances before scoring at the moment ?

Sorry?! Andy cole? Are you suggesting Andy cole done nothing better than city after leaving for...

Manchester united?! You having a laugh? Surely he is one that left and done well? Anyone done better?

Agreed +1 :facepalm:

Newcastle Played 83 Scored 68

Man U Played 231 Scored 121

We could do with a bit of that now! :city:

That has got to be about the most ridiculous reply ever posted on here!

Arguably the most successful ex-City player ever.

With all the talk about NM leaving for a so called bigger club, got some of us chatting about players who thought they were too good for us. Who's career crashed and burned after leaving us,

Off the top of my head, I can thing off Liam Rosenior and Aaron Brown

Any Others ?

Probably exactly the same number whose career crashed and burned after joining us :yes:

Strangely enough, none of the above Ashton Gate greats actually wanted to leave here to my knowledge. I remember Newcastle came in with a big offer for Andy Cole but I don't ever remember Andy Cole stating that he wanted to leave here. Super Bob hit the jackpot at WBA where he just couldn't stop scoring. Joe Royle was quite old when he came here and this was always going to be his last top flight club - as we were at the time. As for super Jakki, I don't think I could even stand let alone play a game of football with his blood alcohol levels. :rofl2br: All the above mentioned players were legends here and elsewhere.

Strangely enough, none of the above Ashton Gate greats actually wanted to leave here to my knowledge. I remember Newcastle came in with a big offer for Andy Cole but I don't ever remember Andy Cole stating that he wanted to leave here. Super Bob hit the jackpot at WBA where he just couldn't stop scoring. Joe Royle was quite old when he came here and this was always going to be his last top flight club - as we were at the time. As for super Jakki, I don't think I could even stand let alone play a game of football with his blood alcohol levels. :rofl2br: All the above mentioned players were legends here and elsewhere.

What with all the wine bars on Park Street, I'm guessing there was no way Jacki would have wanted to leave. That friggin' Osman idiot booted him out :angry:

What with all the wine bars on Park Street, I'm guessing there was no way Jacki would have wanted to leave. That friggin' Osman idiot booted him out :angry:

During the early 1990s one bouncer told me how he helped lift Jacki out of a wine bar to a taxi on Park Street. This was a Friday night and Jacki was plastered, the bouncer said he was astonished to learn that next day Jacki had played the full 90 minutes. Legend.

Good keeper and nice chap but like many players, somewhat deluded especially after they start to believe their own press.

Not their press, but their agent. With agents getting a slice of transfer fees and the player's wages, players will always be told "You're too good for a club like Bristol City" etc. Back to the OP, Bob Kellard left us to get into the 1st Div. He continued to play against City for Leicester & Pompey without getting to Div 1,

The gobby Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeroy Lita, never held a regular 1st team slot at Reading, Boro and now Swampsea....there was a boy who beleived his own bullshit!!

You for real? How can playing England u21 and Premier league football possibly be considered a "nose dive" from BCFC?

The common denominator with many of the players people have nominated - talent but a bad attitude. Is it me or have we had more than our fair share of that sort of player over the years? How dumb do you have to be to be blessed with talent the rest of us would love to have and throw it away?:disapointed2se:

The common denominator with many of the players people have nominated - talent but a bad attitude. Is it me or have we had more than our fair share of that sort of player over the years? How dumb do you have to be to be blessed with talent the rest of us would love to have and throw it away?:disapointed2se:

On the other side of the coin of course is that the having success so young.. the money, fame and clichéd lifestyle could shape those people into having the bad attitudes.

I can't imagine that amount of money etc not having a big effect on your outlook and personality.

On the other side of the coin of course is that the having success so young.. the money, fame and clichéd lifestyle could shape those people into having the bad attitudes.

I can't imagine that amount of money etc not having a big effect on your outlook and personality.

That's when you need good people around you to remind you where you have come from and to keep your feet on the ground , as you say too much too soon is a big factor in there attitudes changing.

Fair point. All a bit chicken and egg perhaps.

Gary Collier's career took a bit of a nosedive after he left. Took advantage of freedom of contract to go to Coventry then ended up in America.

He jumped too soon. Don Revie tried to buy him when he was 18 so he was a bit special. If he'd bided his time he would have got a better club than Coventry I'm sure.

Archived