IGNORED

Pitman

Dorset_Cider

this is a pointless angle of argument. If Ralph wanted to be so petty he could rightly say, I have watched football and city longer than you, and can compare them against past players. Does that trump your opinion? Of course not, and because he sees less of them than you know doesn't make his opinion any less valid.

Stop trying to score non existent points. His opinion is different to yours get over it. And if you can't then at least stop the personal digs.

How can he form an opinion?

Its a bit like me forming an opinion on how maynard got on last night for west ham - even though I did'nt go. I could say, "he was crap, because he never scored" - when for all I know, he may have played like messi....

Not trying to point score, just dont understand how he forms his opinion. Seems like to me he's either made his mind up and wont budge and/or is just guessing.

Well said !

For those very reasons many including me don't post as much as they should!!

The loud ones are most probably the mice face to face ! No names no pack drills

I dont know why your getting so defensive. I'm just trying to understand the logic.

This forum is full of people who wouldn't respect other people point of view.

Surly people that can't make every match still have an opinion on their club.

I however I'm a long term ST holder, that doesn't mean someone who comes less regularly doesn't or can't have valid points.

I go to most matches, Harry Rednapp doesn't go at all, but I bet he got better ideas then me on what's going wrong!

A bit more respect is what is needed on this forum. After all we all have the best interests of the club at hart, don't we ?

No one said that.

Well said !

For those very reasons many including me don't post as much as they should!!

The loud ones are most probably the mice face to face ! No names no pack drills

Agree to a point but Riaz has a point to.

I only post my opinion on games/players if I have actualy attended to do other wise would be like saying " I havent seen it but Spielbergs latest films crap because the one before was"

And to be honest most of the games Ive seen this season have been crap so I would just come across as yet another boring, negative poster :laughcont:

Agree to a point but Riaz has a point to.

I only post my opinion on games/players if I have actualy attended to do other wise would be like saying " I havent seen it but Spielbergs latest films crap because the one before was"

And to be honest most of the games Ive seen this season have been crap so I would just come across as yet another boring, negative poster :laughcont:

Exactly - thank you.

I too, dont comment on games I havent been too.

Whoa! I'm not criticising Pitman, I'm just saying that he doesn't have the same all round game as some other strikers. He's very useful when City are on the front foot and does all the things you point out but its when City are under the cosh that Pitman brings very little, just as EMB pointed out when comparing him to Maynard.

Robbored......... that says more about the rest of our team than Brett?

For gawds sake give Brett the chance to shine (as for Brett he knows he can.... so do many of us BCFC people and AFCB folk/friends)

I state again that the move to BCFC should have been a 'BIG' step up for Brett and a dream move

Brett..... live the dream...... BCFC & Fans believe in the dream too............ Brett make that move the best thing ever (in the end)

Brett......... play for the team , club & fans......... don't be a knob and whatever happens if you do your best you will be the legend that many believe you could be at this club

So many B'mth fans hold you in fond regard and are not bitter regarding your move to BCFC...... they all say you know where the goal is + you will score goals.... they too follow your progress.... they want you to do well wherever you are (which is nice)

I BIG YOU UP BRETT...... so do others........ JUST DO IT....... and you will deserve the smug face :)

For BCFC, For England and For Jersey!

UP THE CITY!

If we are gonna go 442 to accomodate both Wood and Pitman who do you think will be the chosen centre mid 2?

I'd assume that Pearson and Adomah will take the wide roles.

Kilkenny is the only genuine creator we have but people tend to suggest he's two lightweight for a 2 man centre mid.

Maybe if we pair him with Elliot, his engine and workrate could pick up the slack?

Otherwise any combo of 2 of Elliot/Cisse/Skuse (when fit) would make us solid, but mean no creativity through the middle and we'd struggle to get the ball to wide men and forwards in dangerous areas.

For gawds sake give Brett the chance to shine (as for Brett he knows he can.... so do many of us BCFC people and AFCB folk/friends)

I state again that the move to BCFC should have been a 'BIG' step up for Brett and a dream move

Brett..... live the dream...... BCFC & Fans believe in the dream too............ Brett make that move the best thing ever (in the end)

Brett......... play for the team , club & fans......... don't be a knob and whatever happens if you do your best you will be the legend that many believe you could be at this club

So many B'mth fans hold you in fond regard and are not bitter regarding your move to BCFC...... they all say you know where the goal is + you will score goals.... they too follow your progress.... they want you to do well wherever you are (which is nice)

I BIG YOU UP BRETT...... so do others........ JUST DO IT....... and you will deserve the smug face :)

For BCFC, For England and For Jersey!

UP THE CITY!

Nice post, but he can only do it if he is picked, hence your first sentence. I don't think that he really needs the pep talk IMO, he just needs time on the park.

my opinion is we are too frightened of the opposition,desperately trying to not go behind.

throw caution to the wind and go for it from the start,make them frightened of us,we could always tighten up once in front if needs be.

maybe Mcmanus can help make the rearguard a safer place to do this.

a lot of it is confidence,break theirs before they break ours.

He certainly isn't Usain Bolt but what some people don't seem to realise is we don't need Usain Bolt.

We need a player who can produce a bit of class and from what I've seen Brett Pitman has more than most in that squad.

Like Kevin Phillips does. The 2nd goal on Tuesday reminded me of Phillips. All our other players would have snatched at it, but Brett concentrated on striking the ball cleanly and getting it on target and got his just deserts.

Lets hope this has sunk in, I know Pittman isnt Scottish, but please give him a break!

What a stupid thing to say, i guess he's played Clarkson loads then?

Cant believe we never started with 442 last night at home to palace. this reminded me of the Millen days with maynard up front on his own, having little effect, wood came to life when he had Pitman upfront with him, Jeez sort it out Del, it aint rocket science......

Manager........ sort it ............ get the service........SIMPLES!

If only it were this simple......

Pitman is a goal scorer, along side a target man, another forward. It seems few picked up on McInnes interview which you can find on the Beeb web site. He stated that yes, Pitman is wanting to play and frustrated. He also said he is not effective wide, or as the lone striker.

So we have the same issue that dogged Millen, and now McInnes. Play with two strikers and we are wide open. Our midfield is not good enough for a 4 4 2 ?

Cisse for protection for the back four, two other middle men, two wide men to support the lone striker. That will not sadly not be Pitman. Not his strengh ? WOODS can win and hold up the ball, and bring others into play. I might be wrong, but I suspect it will be same again on Saturday. Otherwise the shape of the team will change with all the risks of again being 'run through' as seems to happen all the time with a 4 4 2 ? We have defenders and forwards arriving, still crying out for that midfield gem so we might be able to play two up top ? Interesting

I'm surprised that McInnes hasn't used the 4-4-1-1 formation. It worked well against Southampton the second time round with Maynard playing off of Adomah. Surely, we could use Wood as an attacking midfielder for Pitman to play off and Elliot and Cisse could easily play as defensive fielders in front of the back four, leaving Albert and Pearson to play wide if they need to.

If we are gonna go 442 to accomodate both Wood and Pitman who do you think will be the chosen centre mid 2?

Kilkenny is the only genuine creator we have but people tend to suggest he's two lightweight for a 2 man centre mid.

Maybe if we pair him with Elliot, his engine and workrate could pick up the slack?

Otherwise any combo of 2 of Elliot/Cisse/Skuse (when fit) would make us solid, but mean no creativity through the middle and we'd struggle to get the ball to wide men and forwards in dangerous areas.

Exactly this, I'm a Pitman fan but have been anxious both about his ability to play as a lone striker and our midfield's capability when there's 2 up front. Ideally we need a central midfielder with both creativity and physicality but they don't grow on trees, or come cheap. I think now though, with mcManus offering more strength and Brett having more confidence, it's time to go with him and Wood. with Pearson, Albert. Elliot and Kilkenny across the middle. Cisse, can come on to strengthen or Yannick to add flair as necessary...QED!

Exactly this, I'm a Pitman fan but have been anxious both about his ability to play as a lone striker and our midfield's capability when there's 2 up front. Ideally we need a central midfielder with both creativity and physicality but they don't grow on trees, or come cheap. I think now though, with mcManus offering more strength and Brett having more confidence, it's time to go with him and Wood. with Pearson, Albert. Elliot and Kilkenny across the middle. Cisse, can come on to strengthen or Yannick to add flair as necessary...QED!

Pitman isn't fast but he has intelligent movement and is always looking to shoot. He and Wood complemented eachother and it almost looked like that elusive thing called a strike partnership might develop. FWIW I'd still like to see how a stead=pitman combination works.

Nice post, but he can only do it if he is picked, hence your first sentence. I don't think that he really needs the pep talk IMO, he just needs time on the park.

pep talks never hurt if they are positive?

:)

And he will be picked........ just waiting for Brett to turn up on my doorstep for a cup of tea and a BCFC chat :)

Parkstone Brett........ PM me :dancing6:

Plus I want the dirt on 'Simon Stone' ;)

I wouldn't have kilkenny anywhere near the team I don't think he offers much at all he's just lee johnson with out the hate,

I'd have Alb Cisse Pearson and Yannock, (Moving skuse to right back when fit and foster to left back)

I wouldn't have kilkenny anywhere near the team I don't think he offers much at all he's just lee johnson with out the hate,

I'd have Alb Cisse Pearson and Yannock, (Moving skuse to right back when fit and foster to left back)

Kilkenny is our 2nd best player - he makes us tick.

Its no co-incidence that we lost easily without him against hull and I feel he was key to us getting back into the game the other night. With him in the side, we keep the ball so much better. He should play further forward though, as he's more effective.

Problem is though Kilkenny cant play in a midfield two, has to be a 3 man midfield - plus Pitman needs a partner up top. The only formation that can accomadate these two players is 352. But then albert is out of position.

Albert, Pitman and Kilkenny are key to us - but I cant see there is a formation that can accomodate all 3. Tricky situation for Del.

Kilkenny is our 2nd best player - he makes us tick.

Its no co-incidence that we lost easily without him against hull and I feel he was key to us getting back into the game the other night. With him in the side, we keep the ball so much better. He should play further forward though, as he's more effective.

Problem is though Kilkenny cant play in a midfield two, has to be a 3 man midfield - plus Pitman needs a partner up top. The only formation that can accomadate these two players is 352. But then albert is out of position.

Albert, Pitman and Kilkenny are key to us - but I cant see there is a formation that can accomodate all 3. Tricky situation for Del.

I agree...Im a big fan of Kilkenny...although the other night when we went to a 442 I still felt Kilkenny played well and pulled the strings. Him and one of Marv or Cisse can work I reckon (must have Pearson on the left though to track back )

I agree...Im a big fan of Kilkenny...although the other night when we went to a 442 I still felt Kilkenny played well and pulled the strings. Him and one of Marv or Cisse can work I reckon (must have Pearson on the left though to track back )

Thats when we are chasing a game though - Palace were defending a two nil lead....

Very risky starting 442 with Kilkenny in there IMO.

I would start Kilkenny at the weekend in 442 as if I recall in the playoff year Marv and Lee Johnson played multiple times in a 442 and it worked well. As Kilkenny is simply a far superior Lee Johnson by that logic it should work. Although as I've typed this I've changed my mind and would play Cisse if fit to cope with Boyd.

Archived