IGNORED

Team News Still No 4-4-2

Pete1975Legend

hhmmm. as much patience as i have had, i am starting to come round to this way of thinking. So many got caught up in the euphoria of a comeback draw against palace that it has blinded people into thinking we are not shite.......I actually think their will be 3 worse teams than us by the end of the season, but on current form we are total dross and del seems to be losing the charm he initially brought when he first joined

My point is this.

There are some sh1t teams in this league however we must still win a few games ourselves.

Can we win enough games from now till the end of the season?

Desperately needs to change it at the break for me, otherwise there is something quite seriously wrong.

I can only go on radio commentary to get a perspective but I would call for Wood to be brought on for Elliot. I love Marv but we have seen that he and killa struggle as a midfield 2.

James

Foster Fonts Mcmanus Mcgivern

Cisse

Albert Killa Pearson

Wood Brett

Sort it out Del

For the first time I really have to question Dereks decisions and starting line-up. No width, no-one to hold the ball up. Wood and Pitman looked a real threat together against Palace. I really hope to be proved wrong but can't see this line-up working and feeling pretty pissed of about it

Couldn't agree more. His stubbornness is starting to bother me now, just like Millens and Johnson did!

Palace until we changed it was pathetic!! Can't understand why he has gone Pitman up top on his own!

Shock Pitman starts and nothing happens.. Starting to think that my feeling of "that showed me" on Tuesday is quickly fading.

Too slow!

Thank you for confirming my post above. Every other player and the manager are of course absolved of any blame. Which will suit them. God forbid they should take any responsibility when there is a scapegoat around. Surprised we did not keep Lee as he could take the heat off even more.

This squad is not and will not ever be capable of playing 442, the only formations we can play with these players is 451 or 352.

352 may sound too open with our defence but it gives defenders responsibility, you can't rely on your RB or LB to get you out of trouble, you have to concentrate, think about your game and make brave decisions....think James Wison would excel in this formation.

In the game at Cardiff (although we were 3-0 down and they may have stepped off a little, we battered them 2nd half with 352.

2 up front is the only way the 'messiah' can get in the team and contribute.

BCAGFC

Desperately needs to change it at the break for me, otherwise there is something quite seriously wrong.

I can only go on radio commentary to get a perspective but I would call for Wood to be brought on for Elliot. I love Marv but we have seen that he and killa struggle as a midfield 2.

James

Foster Fonts Mcmanus Mcgivern

Cisse

Albert Killa Pearson

Wood Brett

Sort it out Del

Exactly right, IMO. What is it about football managers that makes them not be able to see the absolutely bleedin' obvious?

Lets try and dig out the positives from this... It's only 1-0 at HT, by the sound of it, it could be three or four. Get behind Del and the boys, he will change it round second half. This is great opportunity to snatch a point or possibly more?!

What I have seen of Chris Wood is impressive in my opinion. Presence up top, knock downs for Pitman.

Always believe

I'd like to see Wood come on in place of Cisse and play in front of Kenny and Elliot to support Pitman, with Pearson and Albert on the side. Wood can act as a target man for Pitman to play off. Albert can then go wide and cause havoc down the wing while their centre backs mark Wood.

4-4-1-1

Why has he played Mcgivern instead if playing foster lb and playing Wilson rb!!! Absolutely crazy to still play 1 up top when we played 2 up top Tuesday and scored 2. I thought Pitman allegedly couldn't play up front by himself?

because Wilson is a centre back?

and he isn't doing that great so far is he?

Yes, let's go 4-4-2, that should really turn it around. Seriously?? Does anyone remember some of the godawful 4-4-2 games earlier in the season- our defence had less stability than the Italian political system...

Im inclined to agree with this. Everybody is crying out for 4-4-2 but will it really change that much? It will just leave our already poor back line even more exposed... remember vs Ipswich on the opening day...

The bottom line is, we have a poor unbalanced squad this is going to struggle in any formation. We urgently need to bring in some reinforcements.

This squad is not and will not ever be capable of playing 442, the only formations we can play with these players is 451 or 352.

They can't play 4-5-1 either.

I say go nuts in the second half

Same defence

Elliott Cisse

Adomah Pearson

Pitman wood

in a 4-2-4 formation.

The top four do not come back to defend except for corners.

Why can't we ever just go out and win a game? If we were playing a team in the Blue Square I wouldn't fancy our chances.

Sounds a bit like our pre-season games when the evidence was there for all to see (except Millen of course)

We need goals, and I don't care what formation we change to, we need to start creating more chances and gettings goals.

By all means try and go defensive after scoring, but get those bloody goals to start with!!!

Archived