IGNORED

Team News Still No 4-4-2

Pete1975Legend

Yes, let's go 4-4-2, that should really turn it around. Seriously?? Does anyone remember some of the godawful 4-4-2 games earlier in the season- our defence had less stability than the Italian political system...

Do you rember the Godawful 4-5-1 games recently?

If we don't pose a goal threat we wont win games. If we are posing a goal threat we will be in the opponents half and the defence will not be constantly exposaed.

Im inclined to agree with this. Everybody is crying out for 4-4-2 but will it really change that much? It will just leave our already poor back line even more exposed... remember vs Ipswich on the opening day...

The bottom line is, we have a poor unbalanced squad this is going to struggle in any formation. We urgently need to bring in some reinforcements.

Seems to be the consensus but the argument seems weaker when you consider the actual results when playing 4-5-1. Though facts rarely get in the way in football I know. Perhaps we just have crap players and a manager who has run out of ideas as to how to make them function as a unit? And maybe the majority of players don't give a toss anyway? A pretty toxic mix, so we will now win 3-1.

The fact remains however that we started the season with 2 natural goalscorers and 2 managers have not played a system that suited either.

Dilemma is who do you take off for Wood to come on?, does DM take Cisse or Marv off and expose our shite defence even more or does he take our 'Creative' midfielder in Kilkenny off? Kilkenny off imo

Albert ? Is Albert that good we can't do without a winger ??

Just a question I'm not there !!

It's not those 2 I'm worried about in the defence, it's McGivern that really worries me, nowhere near good enough for the championship, not by a long way.

Mcgivern is not a defender in any sense of the word. As far as I understand he is naturally a centre back, I can only imagine the panic he would cause if played there.

It puzzles me how mancini saw fit to offer him a new contract, he is a cross between a rabbit caught in headlights and bambi on ice.

Archived