IGNORED

Alan Davies & Hillsborough Comments

The Batman

Play with black armbands and a minute's silence if you like, but, as the bloke writing that blog pointed out - eventually you have to call time on grief.

I can appreciate it is a significant and sad date for LFC but I think 23 years on they might mark it in a different way than as if it had just happened.

I think he's right, to be honest play with black arm bans have a minutes silence and use it to highlight the fight for justice don't get all uppity about playing on a date,

I bet liverpools board of directors don't give a flying f on playing on that date is it means $$$$$$,

It was a sad part of history but move on ffs

Surely it should be up to the club in question if they feel comfortable playing a game on a date when their fans would rather be remembering the lost. It's certainly not a bunch of trolls from Bristol's right to tell people how to grieve. None of your business. None of mine either, wasn't alive.

On a separate note, that is a very nasty little piece from Brendan O'Neill. What a ******* moron.

It's their mark of respect. Who are we to question that?

Why force Liverpool to play on a day when they want to rememeber those that they've lost? Sorry but whoever Alan Davies is, he is scum, simple as that.

So why do football clubs play on Easter Sunday when it about the resurection of christ

Why does Man U play on the annervirsery of the munich disasiter?

Why do Bradford play of the annervirsery of the Bradford stand fire?

I teel you why they can move on and get on with it so should liverpool,

When a love one dies do you stop what your doing on that annervirsery and moarn for the rest of your life? no you get on with life,

Alan davies is correct in what he said he wasn't even slagging them of he simply asked why shouldn't liverpool play on the 15th and now he's recieved death threats and hate mail its a complete over reaction that happen 23 years ago,

some things are more important than a game of football.

They are, quite agree - but how long do Liverpool hold out on this? My best friends cousin was killed that day, so I remember it well and seeing his family go through it was terrible, but at some point you have to get on with life. Play the game, remember the dead - but everyone that was killed went to watch a game of football, I really don't think any of them would mind......would they?

As someone else has pointed out, United will play on the anniversary of Munich - is one more tragic than the other, no

If Liverpool got to a European Cup Final would they rearrange if it clashed with Heysel, or is that ok as it was mainly Juventus fans that died that night?

Surely it should be up to the club in question if they feel comfortable playing a game on a date when their fans would rather be remembering the lost. It's certainly not a bunch of trolls from Bristol's right to tell people how to grieve. None of your business. None of mine either, wasn't alive.

On a separate note, that is a very nasty little piece from Brendan O'Neill. What a ******* moron.

and the best way to do that is to play the match to highlight their cause not threaten to kill some one for asking why

What better remembrance for a football tragedy than a football match. Whilst no one is suggesting the event be forgotten it is about time to move on and mark the event with something positive, after all would Liverpool refuse to play on the anniversary of Heisel?

I agree that not playing on that specific date is a bit ridiculous. Surely a more ponient problem would be liverpool playing at Hillsborough itself again, where surely the memories of people who were there that day would make them feel physically sick, to go back and visit the scene - there is no way that the stadium itself would not host the fixture should it arise.

The article is spot on with the "emotional correctness" tag - It is a bit like when people feel the need to publicly mourn on facebook when some smackhead "celebrity" takes their own life one way or another and leaves behind children and loved ones to struggle on - yet they get rocketed into almost saint like status despite often not being a worthy role model to a convicted kiddy fiddler during there life!

I'm really not trying to be a troll, Jord. I can see what a sad day it is for the club - and that it should still be marked - but I was just questioning how long does a club, or anyone, keep up this position. 25 years? 50 years? 100 years!? Eventually, you have to be pragmatic, allow private grief for the victims families and move on.

So why do football clubs play on Easter Sunday when it about the resurection of christ

When a love one dies do you stop what your doing on that annervirsery and moarn for the rest of your life? no you get on with life,

Alan davies is correct in what he said he wasn't even slagging them of he simply asked why shouldn't liverpool play on the 15th and now he's recieved death threats and hate mail its a complete over reaction that happen 23 years ago,

I think "annervirsery" is the mis-spelling of the week.

It's unfair to compare this to other clubs.

If Utd didn't want to play on the day of Munich, that'd be their choice and I'd also respect that. Just like Liverpool's choice of not playing on the day of the Hillsbrough tragedy is their way of showing their respect.

I don't even understand why people are questioning this. Does it effect them in any way? No.

Everyone who saw the tragic events at Hillsborough had, and still has the greatest sympathy for all the Liverpool families who lost family members that day.

However, I also remember seeing the equelly galling and traumatic scenes from Bradford's ground , when fire ripped through a stand killing large numbers of fans in the process.

The difference between the two is that as far as I can tell, Bradford fans have maintained a dignified silence ever since. The Liverpool situation is, well, it's completely different.

I remember being on the BBC 606 forum only a few short years back on the anniversary of Hillsborough. Liverpool fans were posting on every club's and every division's message boards demanding that other forum users post messages of condolence on the Liverpool page. One poster pointed out that Bradford fans hadn't done that for the anniversary of the fire and he/she received the forum equivalent of hate mail in response from "upset" Scousers.

Proper respect was paid to the incident at the time, but surely we are far enough down the road so it is time to move.

It's their mark of respect. Who are we to question that?

Why force Liverpool to play on a day when they want to rememeber those that they've lost? Sorry but whoever Alan Davies is, he is scum, simple as that.

So you dont know who is he , but you are happy to label him scum !! Priceless.

What about all the Liverpool fans who have sent him death threats , what would your label be for them ??

I listened to the Podcast, and felt that he was badly reported. He never at any point slated Liverpool fans, but queried why the Club should be able to get away without playing on that date. It's a fair question. Man United play on the anniversary of the Munich disaster, Rangers play on the anniversary of the Ibrox disaster. Hell Liverpool even play on the Heysel anniversary.... that doesnt seem to bother 'em.

Archived