IGNORED

Alan Davies & Hillsborough Comments

The Batman

Surely it should be up to the club in question if they feel comfortable playing a game on a date when their fans would rather be remembering the lost. It's certainly not a bunch of trolls from Bristol's right to tell people how to grieve. None of your business. None of mine either, wasn't alive.

On a separate note, that is a very nasty little piece from Brendan O'Neill. What a ******* moron.

Umm...I do tend to agree this is a needlessly controverisal article, but...

My view is that it is entirely up to LFC, relatives etc to chose how to remember their loved ones on this day, which I do recall very well indeed, watching it on telly as it unfolded. It is one of those few moments that sticks in the mind forever. I also support strongly the view that there is more that should be forced out from the police about the immediate response.

HOWEVER, this is not about LFC etc choosing how they remember that sad day. By refusing to play on that day, to be blunt, they are defining how the rest of us remember it. This action does affect others - clearly the team the were due to play.

Time to move on - not to forget what happened that day, ever - but to move on.

So you dont know who is he , but you are happy to label him scum !! Priceless.

What about all the Liverpool fans who have sent him death threats , what would your label be for them ??

He is a **** who should keep his mouth firmly shut.

He said it was ridiculous that they didn't play on that day. Saying it's 'ridiculous' is disrespectful towards the familes, in my opinion.

how, have you asked every family who was effected if they want the club to play or now?

Its not disrepectful at all its a valid question and he's been threaten with death over it,

Surely it should be up to the club in question if they feel comfortable playing a game on a date when their fans would rather be remembering the lost. It's certainly not a bunch of trolls from Bristol's right to tell people how to grieve. None of your business. None of mine either, wasn't alive.

On a separate note, that is a very nasty little piece from Brendan O'Neill. What a ******* moron.

Some trolls from Bristol? Because we are giving our opinion?!

You dick.

He is a **** who should keep his mouth firmly shut.

This is still a free country isn't it ? People are entitled to opnions. It may be a little insensitive to some but it's not like he's stirring up racial hatred or being homophobic , or any other of the topics that illicit over reactions on this forum.

Ah well , I'm off home to watch my Alan Davies DVD.....

It's their mark of respect. Who are we to question that?

Why force Liverpool to play on a day when they want to rememeber those that they've lost? Sorry but whoever Alan Davies is, he is scum, simple as that.

And that, Ladies & Gentlemen, is the mindset behind Alan Davies recieving death threats. You don't know who he is, you probably haven't actually read the transcript of what he said and yet he is 'scum'.

While I understand why Liverpool don't want to play on that date, but surely it would be a far greater mark of respect to actually play and to have the minutes silence, black armbands, etc? Eventually you have to move on, perhaps once all the information surrounding the day is released they'll be able to do that

I'm really not trying to be a troll, Jord. I can see what a sad day it is for the club - and that it should still be marked - but I was just questioning how long does a club, or anyone, keep up this position. 25 years? 50 years? 100 years!? Eventually, you have to be pragmatic, allow private grief for the victims families and move on.

Well, 25 years isn't really that long is it, there will be a very large portion of the Liverpool support who lost someone they knew or loved or where there.

I just don't think it's right to play on that day, I certainly don't think it's right to force them to if they don't want to.

I don't agree with the reaction to Alan Davies though, But that's twitter isn't it? Sad that a ****-wit journalist would try and label an entire city/support group with the blame for some idiots on twitter. Christ, should we all be compared to the twonk who abused Wooly?

It's unfair to compare this to other clubs.

If Utd didn't want to play on the day of Munich, that'd be their choice and I'd also respect that. Just like Liverpool's choice of not playing on the day of the Hillsbrough tragedy is their way of showing their respect.

I don't even understand why people are questioning this. Does it effect them in any way? No.

"The club’s stance has forced their semi-final against Everton to be played on Saturday, pushing back the Chelsea versus Tottenham semi-final to the Sunday, only three days before Chelsea play Barcelona in the semi-final of the Champions League."

It does impact others. To be clear, not one I feel massively strongly about, other than there does need to come a time, surely, when they play on this date.

Players family were affected and they should be allowed to remember them with their family's on the annivesary of it

Exactly. The decision should be with Liverpool and the FA will always let that be the case.

"The club’s stance has forced their semi-final against Everton to be played on Saturday, pushing back the Chelsea versus Tottenham semi-final to the Sunday, only three days before Chelsea play Barcelona in the semi-final of the Champions League."

It does impact others. To be clear, not one I feel massively strongly about, other than there does need to come a time, surely, when they play on this date.

See for me personally, that arguement is laughable.

So Liverpool will be forced to play on the anniversary of Hillsborough, in order to allow the likes of John Terry (who are on ridiculous wages) to get an extra day's rest, sat on their arse.

The day will always be a horrible day for those involved and families etc.

They will remember their loved ones on that day for the rest of their lives. (and every day I suspect for the rest of their lives)

I don't see how playing a football match on that day or the day after affects anything...

In the immediate years after I can understand, when everything is still raw for all those involved - but at some point you need to move on.

If they played on the date this would not mean they would be forgotten - how could they be? That day changed football forever.

Football will never forget them

See for me personally, that arguement is laughable.

So Liverpool will be forced to play on the anniversary of Hillsborough, in order to allow the likes of John Terry (who are on ridiculous wages) to get an extra day's rest, sat on their arse.

And that is exactly what this is about bloody Chelsea wanting more time to prepare for Barca.

The day will always be a horrible day for those involved and families etc.

They will remember their loved ones on that day for the rest of their lives. (and every day I suspect for the rest of their lives)

I don't see how playing a football match on that day or the day after affects anything...

In the immediate years after I can understand, when everything is still raw for all those involved - but at some point you need to move on.

If they played on the date this would not mean they would be forgotten - how could they be? That day changed football forever.

Football will never forget them

Liverpool always hold a service on that day that all players attend.

And that is exactly what this is about bloody Chelsea wanting more time to prepare for Barca.

....and so what if it is?? I'm sure "king Kenny" would have something to say about it if it was re other way round.

Not playing on that date is ridiculous.....imagine what a fantastic memorial it would be, at Wembley, all scousers together.

....and so what if it is?? I'm sure "king Kenny" would have something to say about it if it was re other way round.

Not playing on that date is ridiculous.....imagine what a fantastic memorial it would be, at Wembley, all scousers together.

Precisely. But then that would turn it from a day of self pity, recrimination and blame into a celebration and that just wouldn't do

Why? there's no logical reason why anyone should be forced to play on a date they don't want to. there are a shit load of other perfectly available dates.

Kenny Dalglish was manager of Liverpool at the time of the Hillsborough disaster, it affected him so much that he ended up leaving a job he loved. should that not have some relevance? the bloke went to nearly (if not every, I forget) all of the funerals for those who died.

I personally don't see why this is being debated. It's the people it effects prerogative, why people feel the need to get involved is beyond me.

Archived