IGNORED

Ched Evans

Riaz

That's the norm, serving half the sentence.

Seems weird to me. Firstly, that the other guy was found not guilty. Secondly, whether it was actually rape or not. If I remember correctly, she claimed she couldn't remember a thing and just woke up naked. How on earth is that enough to constitute rape? Need to look into the details of the case but the burden of proof is on the prosecution, and the defence are insistent it was consensual. 5 years seems insane to me.

Seems weird to me. Firstly, that the other guy was found not guilty. Secondly, whether it was actually rape or not. If I remember correctly, she claimed she couldn't remember a thing and just woke up naked. How on earth is that enough to constitute rape? Need to look into the details of the case but the burden of proof is on the prosecution, and the defence are insistent it was consensual. 5 years seems insane to me.

He raped her and got his mates to film it on a phone.

She thinks she was drugged. She said she didnt drink more than she usually would. And the jury agree that she was drugged somehow.

From BBC:

"During the trial, the jury saw video interviews in which the woman, now 20, said she could not remember what happened"

Haven't seen anything about teammates filming it on a phone... obviously if that's the case then my opinion would change somewhat.

Was on Sky, they said he sent a text to his friend saying ''got a bird'' then he wanted them to film him raping her. 5 Years isn't enough imo.

Horrible story.

Wasn't filmed though, that's the key point.

I suppose if she was drugged then fair enough, 5 years seems accurate enough to me. I'm just very skeptical of these sorts of things nowadays, way too many nutters claiming they got raped. Genuinely drugging someone in order to do that though is absolutely disgusting.

Wasn't filmed though, that's the key point.

I suppose if she was drugged then fair enough, 5 years seems accurate enough to me. I'm just very skeptical of these sorts of things nowadays, way too many nutters claiming they got raped. Genuinely drugging someone in order to do that though is absolutely disgusting.

How you can defend a rapist is beyond me. He's got what he deserved and that is to go to prison.

Was on Sky, they said he sent a text to his friend saying ''got a bird'' then he wanted them to film him raping her. 5 Years isn't enough imo.

I might be wrong but I've tried to keep up with this story and heard nowhere that that claim was ever made by the prosecution.

From BBC:

The court heard that McDonald met the woman and took her back to the hotel room, sending a text to Evans stating he had "got a bird".

During Evans' evidence, he told the jury he had gone to the hotel, let himself into McDonald's room and watched his friend and the woman having sex.

It was claimed McDonald asked if his friend could "get involved", to which the woman said yes.

The prosecution claimed that while the attack happened, Jack Higgins, an "associate" of the footballers, and Ryan Roberts, Mr Evans' brother, watched through a window.

The judge knows what he's doing.

The case was decided by a jury.

How you can defend a rapist is beyond me. He's got what he deserved and that is to go to prison.

WRONG.

He is not defending him - he is questioning whether he is a rapist.

Footballers are a easy target - None of us would have any idea if he is truly guilty.

The jury had all the facts - if they think he is guilty fair enough.

I might be wrong but I've tried to keep up with this story and heard nowhere that that claim was ever made by the prosecution.

From BBC:

The court heard that McDonald met the woman and took her back to the hotel room, sending a text to Evans stating he had "got a bird".

During Evans' evidence, he told the jury he had gone to the hotel, let himself into McDonald's room and watched his friend and the woman having sex.

It was claimed McDonald asked if his friend could "get involved", to which the woman said yes.

The prosecution claimed that while the attack happened, Jack Higgins, an "associate" of the footballers, and Ryan Roberts, Mr Evans' brother, watched through a window.

Didnt they film it?

WRONG.

He is not defending him - he is questioning whether he is a rapist.

Footballers are a easy target - None of us would have any idea if he is truly guilty.

The jury had all the facts - if they think he is guilty fair enough.

How is he not a rapist? He had sex with a teenager who didn't want sex. = Rape.

How is he not a rapist? He had sex with a teenager who didn't want sex. = Rape.

Yes he has been proven to be a rapist - but I can understand those who think he may be innocent....... She can make a shed loads now by selling her story.

Truth is - you dont know he is a rapist - none of us do. The jury may be wrong too.

However - they have had all the facts - so its probabaly the correct verdict.

Yes, but I'm not defending him. It's not hard to comprehend :D. If the facts are correct, then I believe it's a suitable sentence. I'm merely questioning the evidence.

Ok, I accept you aren't defending him, you were questioning the punishment I gather.

At the end of the day, he's had sex with a girl who didn't want it which in my book is rape. Lock him up.

Yes he has been proven to be a rapist - but I can understand those who think he may be innocent....... She can make a shed loads now by selling her story.

Truth is - you dont know he is a rapist.

He's been found guilty. How is he still not a rapist?!

So these days even if you are found guilty you might not be guilty? Jesus christ. So the player who was cleared could be guilty also? He's raped a girl, what more is there to say?

So these days even if you are found guilty you might not be guilty? Jesus christ. So the player who was cleared could be guilty also? He's raped a girl, what more is there to say?

Oh dear.

Rape is a difficult thing to prove 100% yes?

He's been found guilty - so I accept he is a rapist.

But in reality its her word against his. For all we know, she may have consented - he may have been wrongly convicted. No one will ever know for certain.

How can she be 'unable to consent to sex' with Ched Evans, but able to consent with Clayton McDonald? Having read up on this case a lot recently, it is my personal opinion that they should BOTH be guilty.

The reason it is 5 years and not a longer sentence is because the judge ruled that Mr. Evans had not set out that night with the sole intention of raping someone. He and McDonald had planned to have sex with someone clearly, but they never meant to rape someone. Not that that is in any way an excuse as far as I'm concerned.

Oh dear.

Rape is a difficult thing to prove 100% yes?

He's been found guilty - so I accept he is a rapist.

But in reality its her word against his. For all we know, she may have consented - he may have been wrongly convicted. No one will ever know for certain.

He may appeal (not sure if he can) but at the end of the day, he's going behind bars and that's his fault. Nobody else to blame.

Ok, I accept you aren't defending him, you were questioning the punishment I gather.

At the end of the day, he's had sex with a girl who didn't want it which in my book is rape. Lock him up.

Still wrong :D. I'm questioning the evidence. The punishment of 5 years is fine IF he was guilty.

Of course you could be not guilty even if found guilty. There have been loads of people who have been officially pardoned.

Look, there's nothing wrong with analysing and criticising the case, based on cagey evidence. Personally, I think the punishment will be severely reduced in the Court of Appeal, but I don't know yet.

Archived