IGNORED

Ched Evans

Riaz

Courts do get it wrong though. In America lots of people have been found to be not guilty after being found guilty and killed.

I understand what your saying and if he rapped her then I think 5 years is to little but from what I have heard about this case I'm not convinced that it's rape. If I drank to much and woke up the next morning next to 2 girls and didn't know what had happen how would I possibly know if I had consented or not? If I had consented to 1 but not he other?

It's rather confusing from where I am to say that he is defiantly without dought guilty.

What about if you were so drunk and woke up in a Premier inn room with a ripped arse and the last thing you remember is 2 really nice guys helping you into a taxi, would you still be confused about it?, somehow I doubt it.

Part of the problem seems to be Evans and Mcdonald have not got their stories straight and the independent evidence (of which there was a fair bit) about exactly how drunk she actually was, certainly does not square with their versions and come on boys why would footballers book a room at a Premier inn?.

Have you been to Rhyl before? Premier Inn is considered the height of sophistication there. If he's having to resort to rape to get a shag in Rhyl, he may as well give up!

Clayton Mc Donald had sex with her. Ched Evans had sex with her. I think the questions arise from the fact that they both say she consented to it but she maintains that she remembers neither of them. Thats the confusing thing how can one be guilty and the other acquitted !?!? Same facts different outcomes

Yes and no.

It is possible with CMD that the jury took the view that, although drunk, she went back to the room with him, and in terms of 'reasonable doubt' they may have been minded to say there may have been implied consent.

In CEs case, he turns up to a room were a girl is very drunk, has not met him I assume up to that point, and has sex with her.

In what part of his brain would he have assuemd that she was giving, or able to give, consent to that act?

they all sound like wrong uns to be fair. and his brother trying to film it through the window?? what sort of weirdo does that? jeeesus, I'm imagining there's a few people who might want to have a word with him if they see him about. or maybe filming your family members having sex with an unconscious teenager is common in rhyl??

Have you been to Rhyl before? Premier Inn is considered the height of sophistication there. If he's having to resort to rape to get a shag in Rhyl, he may as well give up!

indeed many many moons ago and yes it is a shithole. I suspect that being a dullard footballer he is probably more worried about being stigmatised within the football community as a footballer who stayed at a premier inn than he is about being stigmatised as a rapist.

Despite what he's done he is the 2nd highest goalscorer in the league, team of the year is based on how players have done on the pitch not off it.

I don't care. The PFA (votes or not) could have made an executive decision to omit him from the team. Do you think he'd still be in there if he'd murdered someone?

Doesn't send out the right message at all.

I hope this sends out a message to all these moron, two-bit footballers who're routinely in the press for this kind of stuff that just being able to hire an expensive lawyer doesn't allow you to behave in whatever manner you want

That said, the one aspect I'm not comfortable with is the issue of personal responsibility. Whilst accepting that getting blind drunk (presuming she wasn't drugged of which there is no direct evidence as far as I know?) doesn't mean you deserve what you get and that Evans should be able to determine when someone is so drunk that a line is crossed, this girl went out and got so hammered she can't remember half the night. I think people need to take responsibility for their alcohol consumption and as harsh as this sounds, she kind of contributed to the situation in that respect. As I said, I don't think any of that excuses Evans actions in the slightest, but people do seem to go out on a Friday/Saturday night and believe they can get as wasted as and 'it'll all work out'

I don't care. The PFA (votes or not) could have made an executive decision to omit him from the team. Do you think he'd still be in there if he'd murdered someone?

Doesn't send out the right message at all.

+1 Dolly there is far too much, 'there but for the grace of god'/'she was asking for it', in some of the replies/quotes on this thread. As I said earlier I wonder how many of the males with those views would feel if when they are drunk and stumbling around incoherently in a kebab shop, were then picked up by a couple of blokes, taken in a taxi to a premier inn and woke up with a ripped arse?, couldn't happen? figures doubled in London last year to one a week and that's only the one's reported, I suspect that more men would fail to report the incident than women.

Footballers really are up their own backsides.

http://www.mirror.co...s-victim-801734

and that little shite should be sacked and no other club should touch him, typical half witted modern football coward scum of the earth. How long I wonder will Sheff Utd take to investigate/act on this, probably until the next footballing moron gets into trouble, which will probably be later this week and the storm has died down.

I really don't understand why people on this thread feel qualified to have even the faintest of an opinion on the verdict. The jury heard all the evidence first hand in court and none of us did. These trials are complex and second guessing the verdicts reached is ridiculous.

As for the shameful idea that the victim is in any way responsible, that's utter bullshit. On encountering someone so helplessly drunk that they don't know what they're doing, a decent human being would be making sure they're ok and helping them into a taxi home. Not coaxing them back to a hotel and spit roasting them on camera. Those are the actions of a vile subhuman scumbag and people defending them are not much above that level.

Is it a good idea for anybody to get so completely shitfaced they have no control? Nope. Does being in that state in any way excuse people who take advantage of them or make them even the least bit responsible for the actions of an animal? Absolutely no way whatsoever.

I really don't understand why people on this thread feel qualified to have even the faintest of an opinion on the verdict. The jury heard all the evidence first hand in court and none of us did. These trials are complex and second guessing the verdicts reached is ridiculous.

As for the shameful idea that the victim is in any way responsible, that's utter bullshit. On encountering someone so helplessly drunk that they don't know what they're doing, a decent human being would be making sure they're ok and helping them into a taxi home. Not coaxing them back to a hotel and spit roasting them on camera. Those are the actions of a vile subhuman scumbag and people defending them are not much above that level.

Is it a good idea for anybody to get so completely shitfaced they have no control? Nope. Does being in that state in any way excuse people who take advantage of them or make them even the least bit responsible for the actions of an animal? Absolutely no way whatsoever.

Exactly, what a different story it could have been 'footballer thanked for assisting young girl, unable through drink to look after herself' but that is so unlikely to happen in this modern age and just thank god that when these 2 animals and the circus that were filming the events had 'finished' with her and then just left her, she didn't choke on her own vomit because 5 years would have looked just what it appears to be lenient.

Well said Esmond (holy crap, me and him agreeing on something!) and Nibor.

Having a wife, a daughter and 4 grand daughters, the whole thing is quite black and white for me and god forbid any of them ever end up in the situation this girl found herself in, that any them actually meet a sensible knight in shining armour and not a depraved, vile, overpaid "i'm a footballer" type.

i'm sure Dolly the day will come when we agree once more on something else, until that day.

My last comment on this, other than agreeing with the comments above, is I can not help but feel that Mr Evans also most likely benefited from the type of first class legal representation that most facing those accusations are unable to access.

On hearing the evidence, he was still found unanimously guilty by 12 people just like me and you.

Well said, i just hope he gets what he deserves in prison!

:protest: Let him without sin cast the first stone,has every girl that you have had sex with said yes and been sober ?

Why the bloody hell would you want to have sex with a semi conscious woman? Can't believe i'm discussing this on a football forum, but surely sex is a two way street? Not just the woman lying there whilst you do your business? Maybe you're living in the dark ages, but women are allowed to join in with sex you know. I fail to understand how it would be enjoyable to sh*g something limp and lifeless. The footballer now found guilty clearly just wanted to get his end away, and didn't care how.

Archived