IGNORED

Ched Evans

Riaz

Unfortunately I feel one of our players may be an accident waiting to happen in this area so to speak. (If he gets a new deal that is).

Oh dear. It seems to be a bit endemic with footballers.

I like to sleep with a woman by myself, not invite loads of 'mates' to join in and/or film it, but I guess that sort of sh!te might appeal if your bank balance is waaay bigger than your braincell count.

I'm with Esmond on this BTW. I have two daughters and I'd hope that when they were older they never put themselves in this situation BUT if one did get pissed, I'd cut the balls off any low-life scumbag who raped her when she was unconscious. It's despicable behaviour and deserves a hefty sentence.

I had a very good friend who served on the jury of a very high profile extremely violent rape case in London. it was case of date rape. Whilst the guy was on remand he wrote a letter to his victim (god knows how that was allowed to happen in the first place) and in the letter the guy apologised for what he had done and offered her money to drop the case, she immediately took the letter to the police and it was entered in evidence. However his legal team successfully argued that this would be prejudicial to his case and it was excluded (again god knows why) he was found not guilty, but at the end of the case the guy was sentenced for other rape offences because he was indeed a violent serial rapist, several jurors left the court in tears one passed out and everybody was totally incredulous of the suppressed evidence, my friend never really got over his experience.

This is bad, and certainly goes against any claim that our's is one of the best judicial systems in the world.

My point is that there are a number of inconsistencies in the story(ies) that cast some doubt. Surely an appeal will flush this out? If he is still a convicted rapist, then he deserves everything that he hopefully gets both inside prison and, as importantly, when he has (in theory) paid his debt to society.

Archived