IGNORED

Saying's That Get Right On My Wick

Guest Craven arms

Guest Craven arms

1,To be fair. (fair to what,this usually starts as a intro)

2,Like I said before. (when they haven't even said anything before)

3,My players will give a 110%. (why not just say a 100%)

Any more that get on your nerves.

"To be fair, he's not that kind of player": only used to describe anyone (other than Joey Barton) who has just flattened an opponent with a horrendously timed and viciously high tackle.

Harry Redknapp is exclusive in "wheeling and dealing" when signing a player, whilst we invariably swoop when we sign someone!

Not particularly football related but when someone says something like "so I turned round and said to him....then he turned round and said to me" I think to myself "why don't you just face each other when you talk you thick ****s"

People (footballers, pop stars) saying "ya get me?" after every sentence even when no actual point has been made pisses me right off. Ya get me?

"Really puts things into perspective" is the one that does my head in, when someone dies, gets badly injured, someone in their family dies etc etc.

Literally the next day or even the same day, the person that wrote it will more often than not say something offensive about someone or something to do with a footballer.

Seems that perspective lasted a long time!!... until the next bad thing that happens.

Drives me crazy, don't say it unless you really mean it.

ARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Guest citybabe

Saying 'myself' or 'yourself' instead of 'me' or 'you' really really gets on my wick!! What is annoying me at the moment (I'm watching Spurs -v-QPR on Sky) is the commentator referring to the Chelsea game as being 'this morning' when they kicked off at 13:30.

oh and

"back in the day", or "old school", especially when are referring to 90's :laugh: old school indeed :)

And "Blood" for brother even if people pronounce it like they come from Jamaica.

God, OP you got me started now, I think I better stop before I fill this list up :)

I HATE it when people put an 's' on the end of teams e.g. "The Chelsea's and Arsenal's of this world" NO IM SORRY BUT **** OFF

And people who write do'nt instead of don't, and other words they shorten, but completely incorrectly, even when told many times they are wrong

grrrrrr

Guest Craven arms

"Are thoughts and prays go out to the friends and family of xxxxxx at this difficult time" this is David Cameron faviourite when are boys get blown up in Iraq or Afghanistan,this is just white nosie imo.

The ones that get on my nerves are ...

1) Opening posts with an apostrophe where there shouldn't be one!.

2) 'Loose' when it should be lose

3) 'Your' when it should be you're

4) Pronouncing the letter 'H' Haitch... it's Aitch (this one particularly pi$$es me off! and I blame the teachers of the last 15 years who teach this, and 'intelligent' people who say it... Grrr!

5) Apostrophes in general. If you don't know if there should be one, then if you DON'T put one in you'll be right more often than you'll be wrong!

Guest thejam

'Gone to ground' instead fell over or goes down.

'Bristol' when it should be Bristol City

'Back in the day' instead of in the past.

I know what you mean but it was'nt too many moons ago we used to sing

Baaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrristol

One thing that gets on my wick is the prehistoric tendency of calling players called Stephen or Steven - Stevie!!! Sounds like a fallback from the 70s and 80s to me!!

Stevie Gerrard!!!! Yuck!!!!

Also what about everything that Steve Claridge says on The Football League Show! Pure drivel and gets on my wick!!

Guest Craven arms

Also when the commemtators says the amount of chances they have had it could of been 5 or 6,but thats completely hypothetical because at 2 or 3 nil the players would be in a different frame of mind the manager might change the system.Also goes for that deal or no deal,when the contestant deals but carrys on exactly how you would of played the game its bullshit because your mind set would be different place when you got 20 grand or so on it.

these are not football cliches but as we are on to our 3rd house after the first two fell through, the two phrases that annoy my wife and I at the moment are "these things were meant to be" or "these things happen for a reason" as the good lady says, "yeah the reason is to PISS ME OFF"!!

Or people not even having the most basic understanding of when to use / not use an apostrophe

having spent 47 years with an apostrophe in my name and twenty five years programming for a living, what hacks me off is a web site that cannot handle the simple apostrophe . if a web site does not handle it , I go else where. sorry just a pet hate :)

1,To be fair. (fair to what,this usually starts as a intro)

2,Like I said before. (when they haven't even said anything before)

3,My players will give a 110%. (why not just say a 100%)

Any more that get on your nerves.

:englandflag: Gas or rovers or Bristol Rovers really gets on my wick for some reason!! :violin:

Archived