IGNORED

Saying's That Get Right On My Wick

Craven arms

these are not football cliches but as we are on to our 3rd house after the first two fell through, the two phrases that annoy my wife and I at the moment are "these things were meant to be" or "these things happen for a reason" as the good lady says, "yeah the reason is to PISS ME OFF"!!

Or people not even having the most basic understanding of when to use / not use an apostrophe

having spent 47 years with an apostrophe in my name and twenty five years programming for a living, what hacks me off is a web site that cannot handle the simple apostrophe . if a web site does not handle it , I go else where. sorry just a pet hate :)

1,To be fair. (fair to what,this usually starts as a intro)

2,Like I said before. (when they haven't even said anything before)

3,My players will give a 110%. (why not just say a 100%)

Any more that get on your nerves.

:englandflag: Gas or rovers or Bristol Rovers really gets on my wick for some reason!! :violin:

"The goalkeeper was saved by the post".

This is crap. The goal post is not part of the inside of the goal. Preventing shots from hitting the post is not strictly part of the goalkeepers job description. A shot stricking the post without entering the goal is just as much NOT a goal as a shot going 10 yards wide on either side or above the goal.

"he won the ball"

the idea that any sort of reckless tackle is fair as long as you make the slightest contact with the ball first.

At least when that rule applied it was clear what was a foul and what wasn't.

If a player tackling made contact with the ball first then the tackle was fair. If he took the man first then it was a foul.

Now it is open to interpretation by the referee as to what is a fair tackle or not, and they are so inconsistent !!!

Alec ferguson - it's clearly ALEX so say it right

It also annoys me when things are changed, when I was growing up Barcelona always played at the Nou Camp, when did it change to the Camp Nou? Also heard it called the Camp Now today on talk sport!! That annoyed me.

Alec ferguson - it's clearly ALEX so say it right

It also annoys me when things are changed, when I was growing up Barcelona always played at the Nou Camp, when did it change to the Camp Nou? Also heard it called the Camp Now today on talk sport!! That annoyed me.

Similar point , is it AJACKS or EIYACKS Amsterdam?

Archived