IGNORED

England Job - Now With Poll Added

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hope Hodgeson doesn't get the job.

Poor at Liverpool and that was his big chance.

Done well at Fulham and WBA, but McClaren done well at Boro, look how that turned out.

Surprised Pardew hasn't been mentioned, only English manager who is managing a top 4 team!!

That would be Harry Redknapp.

Done well at Fulham and WBA, but McClaren done well at Boro, look how that turned out.

Surprised Pardew hasn't been mentioned, only English manager who is managing a top 4 team!!

Is that the same Roy hodgson who has a lot of experience at managing international teams, the same Roy hodgson that got Switzerland, yes Switzerland, ranked no 3 in the world at one point.

Sorry, you cannot judge a manager on a few months at Liverpool, he had no time to do anything, outperformed king kenny who spent 70 million on players and are not even close to European qualification.

Roy hodgson is a lot more than what he has achieved in England. If people cannot look past what he has done at Liverpool or Blackburn, then they must be blinkered.

Roy has a excellent record if you take time to see what he has done.

Far better than redknapp and co combined.

I am failing to see redknapp et al manage a top top club or international side in their career.

Search McInnes on twitter and already WBA fans are putting his name forward for the job...

Would be a massive gamble if they did, I would be more worried if they were going down this season

Well if west brom come sniffing hopefully we will tell them where to go.

Is that the same Roy hodgson who has a lot of experience at managing international teams, the same Roy hodgson that got Switzerland, yes Switzerland, ranked no 3 in the world at one point.

Sorry, you cannot judge a manager on a few months at Liverpool, he had no time to do anything, outperformed king kenny who spent 70 million on players and are not even close to European qualification.

Roy hodgson is a lot more than what he has achieved in England. If people cannot look past what he has done at Liverpool or Blackburn, then they must be blinkered.

I am failing to see redknapp et al manage a top top club or international side in their career.

Really?? Liverpool would of finished in the bottom half if Woy would of carried on.

The FA didn't have many choices. Hodgon seems the sensible option. Redknapp would have been another Keegan disaster. Anyway, who gives a ****. Our players simply aren't good enough to go any distance in the Euros. Guardiola? Seriously? He has managed the best team in the world with the best players in the world in his only job ever and he needs a rest from football. I don' blame him.

Realistically our/Englands aim has to be reaching the Q Finals and out of the candidates, Hodgson is the only man I can see doing that with the players available.

Pardew ruled himself out (sensibly) due to inexperience.

Re Liverpool it's a small blot on a long and very successful career. This man took Switzerland to world cups and euros for the first time in 35 years, and has fantastic records. Very successful in the Swedish leagues, took Inter from mid table to 3rd in serie A, took Blackburn from relegation fodder to UEFA cup in first season, then there is Fulham and West Brom too.

Granted some jobs turned sour (Blackburn - but there were injuries) his record is one that befits a top manager. I certainly would pick him over any of the other realistic candidates

Really? Really?

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I find this very hard to believe!

With respect, liverpool are in Europe next season.

Really?? Liverpool would of finished in the bottom half if Woy would of carried on.

well I am dealing with fact, you have just put a guess across. You have no idea where Liverpool would have finished if Roy had stayed.

Yes he done well at Switzerland, but he also left them just before Euro 96, and that was over 16 years ago now!!!!!

Wasn't liked at Inter (a big team), failed at Blackburn (another big team at that time) and most recently failed at Liverpool!

Yes he didn't spend as much as King Kenny, but Kenny has been awful!!!! The point is he still failed, and brought in many of his own players who flopped there.

He also managed Finland and had a 27.3% win ratio, one of the worst in Finnish manager history.

He has failed in most of his big jobs, however is great at managing teams with low expectations, unlike England who have massive expectations.

Surely its got to be Redknapp? All the players want Rednapp, the media want him... I'll give up if Woy is in charge.

The media want him, so will cloud every other option.

Why will you give up, he's actually managed international teams and done well.

Liverpool were in a bad spin at the time. The new owners still owners still hadn't arrived, and the old ones weren't gonna spend any money and seemed content to hang on to what they had. I can't really blame Liverpool's poor position on Roy - he didn't have Millions to spend - Dalglish did and Liverpool are still currently only 3 points better off than Roy's West Brom

With respect, liverpool are in Europe next season.

my bad I should have stipulated champions league. The way the Europa league is treated by the English, I doubt they want to be in it anyway.

Apart from not stipulating champions league, is there anything else I have stated you want to take apart.

Ps you may have upset someone, you used "with greatest respect" :)

Liverpool were in a bad spin at the time. The new owners still owners still hadn't arrived, and the old ones weren't gonna spend any money and seemed content to hang on to what they had. I can't really blame Liverpool's poor position on Roy - he didn't have Millions to spend - Dalglish did and Liverpool are still currently only 3 points better off than Roy's West Brom

He brought in Konchesky and Poulsen without doubt two of the worst players ever to play for Liverpool.

Yes he done well at Switzerland, but he also left them just before Euro 96, and that was over 16 years ago now!!!!!

Wasn't liked at Inter (a big team), failed at Blackburn (another big team at that time) and most recently failed at Liverpool!

Yes he didn't spend as much as King Kenny, but Kenny has been awful!!!! The point is he still failed, and brought in many of his own players who flopped there.

He also managed Finland and had a 27.3% win ratio, one of the worst in Finnish manager history.

He has failed in most of his big jobs, however is great at managing teams with low expectations, unlike England who have massive expectations.

Okay I'll take your points.

What have the other hopefuls ever done to warrant the job?

What experience have they ever had in Europe, let alone international level?

The FA didn't have many choices. Hodgon seems the sensible option. Redknapp would have been another Keegan disaster. Anyway, who gives a ****. Our players simply aren't good enough to go any distance in the Euros. Guardiola? Seriously? He has managed the best team in the world with the best players in the world in his only job ever and he needs a rest from football. I don' blame him.

Realistically our/Englands aim has to be reaching the Q Finals and out of the candidates, Hodgson is the only man I can see doing that with the players available.

Pretty much agree with all of this. Basically we do not have no where near enough quality to win the Euros. If anyone can squeeze the best out of a poor squad it will definately be Roy H - wish him all the best if he takes it and believe if we get to the QFs then we have done as good as we can expect

Yes, but let's not forget when it mattered (in qualification) his record was actually pretty damn good and the Finns wanted to extend his contract!!!

His win ratio may have been poor but he only lost 5 of 22 matches and managed them to 33rd in the world rankings , their highest ever placing.

Archived