IGNORED

Cardiff City To Be Re-Branded

The Kaiser

There is a rumour like wild-fire at the moment, told to me by a Welsh work colleague, that Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan is going to re-brand Cardiff City.

They will no longer be called the Bluebirds and the stadium will have red seats.

But get this they will wear red as a home kit.

Random!

It's being discussed on the radio Wales phone in now. Apparently no one from the club has denied it, which is pretty ominous.

If, if, if, this were true, it would only work with a huge investment that would basically buy a Premier league spot.

And an FC United/AFC Wimbledon club would be formed without question.

why red?

Isn't red a lucky colour in the far east?

Spoke to a friend who's well connected at Cardiff and even he seems to think it's a possibility.

It's being discussed on the radio Wales phone in now. Apparently no one from the club has denied it, which is pretty ominous.

If, if, if, this were true, it would only work with a huge investment that would basically buy a Premier league spot.

Talking to my work-mate who attends roughly about 75% of Cardiff games, he said if it means not having to go through another last gasp fail to get promoted he would probably accept it.

He does reckon though most fans would only buy the away shirt and a lot of fans will be very very unhappy about this.

It was interesting I asked him a while back if the new stadium had killed the atmosphere (given he told me he thought it was crap v West Ham) but he didn't reckon it had - and that too many people too fondly remember Ninian Park which could have a very quiet atmosphere too at times?

Anyway it seems this may not be a popular move overall.

Aparently the think it's lucky ????? dont work for us !! even in the far east end

Premier League winners this year will wear blue.

Team that finished top of the Championship wear blue.

English team in the Champions league final wear blue.

Where is old Vincent heading with the lucky theme??

Who do you think most fans would follow? Give the rebrand a season to see if it works, or shun it and start from the bottom?

Aparently the think it's lucky ????? dont work for us !! even in the far east end

cheers ears,

It kept us up but in the playoffs it doesn't work,

anyone answer this, who were the last team to be promoted through the play-offs who play in red?

"I don't follow lower league football...."

:laughcont:

I get that regularly from the White Hart Laners in our office...

Tell them they shoud be glad they were born when they were. Presumably they'd have chosen to be Arsenal fans if they were born 75 years ago when Spurs were in the lower leagues?

I can understand the viewpoint of the fans.

I am not sure where I'd stand.

Imagine our board decided we were going to play in blue and change our badge.

Well they did the badge bit I suppose.....

I've never forgiven the club for playing in blue in 1909. Just can't get over it. They look ridiculous in those match photos :)

I've never forgiven the club for playing in blue in 1909. Just can't get over it. They look ridiculous in those match photos :)

I still struggle to come to terms with the kit we wore in the LDV final against Stoke. Never mind the 'song' that was chosen for us to sing.

Tell them they shoud be glad they were born when they were. Presumably they'd have chosen to be Arsenal fans if they were born 75 years ago when Spurs were in the lower leagues?

They are not overly thrilled this week with our old mate Danny Rose's choice of tackling in a key match to decide 3rd place.

I still struggle to come to terms with the kit we wore in the LDV final against Stoke. Never mind the 'song' that was chosen for us to sing.

That was brilliant! The Stoke fans gave a rousing version of Delilah (shit they were loud) the Hi Ho Silver Lining starts....silence from the 35k City fans in attendance!

Archived