IGNORED

Cardiff City To Be Re-Branded

The Kaiser

Latest post..from the respected fan who runs the 'ccmb' messageboard and who was at a meeting between the club and fans. A statement is on the official website too. It's happening people...You are now the second biggest team in red in western Britain!

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.php?t=msg&th=320724&start=0&rid=3049

Shirt / Shorts / Socks

The away kit is Blue.

That's what £100m gets you.

More info and opinion will follow through the evening.

Ultimately money talks. The positives of financial security, squad and infrastructure investment comes at the cost of a new colour kit and badge.

And on the more edgy other CCFC messageboard:

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79147

£100m investment

Red shirt, black shorts, red socks.

stadium increased to 35,000 by 2013/14.

Jesus christ, this football club is one hell of a soap opera!

That is ridiculous! And I'm surprised the baadiff fans are going along with this as if it's no problem. Can you imagine what the city fans would be like if the club told us that we would be playing in blue next season!?

http://www.cardiffci...php?f=2&t=79147

£100m investment

Well, not sure what to make of it. At least Swansea don't play in Red, that would be a kick in the teeth.

Are there ideas of changing the name, other than the nickname?

I don't like the idea of what is happening, next thing Cardiff will be franchised, relocated to Laaandan and be renamed the Hammersmith Redcocks or something.

Can't say I would be happy if it happened to city, and if it were, I would expect a hell of a lot more money than a drop in the ocean 100 million, especially as you can by a Ronaldo for a few years for 80 million. It stinks.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79147

£100m investment

I am genuinely amazed by this!!

Won't it be ironic if Cardiff gets relegated next season in their new red shirts!!

F..k me, just when you thought there were some boundaries in the game left, Johnny foreigner steps in and tries to change a clubs history by flashing his wallet around. I would think it will go down worse with the older generation than the younger ones.

I think we'll see a Cardiff City spin off club a la FC United, although that is complicated by the fact that new football clubs in Wales must register in the Welsh league system (unless the FA have sympathy perhaps?) That said there is no club in the Welsh Prem from S.E Wales...1 million + people and no Welsh league team, so a successful Cardiff team would do well and end up getting in the WPL and europe probably..

Anyway...that's jumping the gun.

Many will be very upset, but many will see how it goes. I think we've already sold 15,000+ season tickets. £100m, stadium expansion, clearing of debts, this is exciting stuff, and many fans will roll with it as long as the name stays the same.

Clubs have changed kit colours in the past, so I dunno...we'll see.

Dramatic though.

Still not all confirmed, but I'd now be very surprised if Cardiff weren't a Red team next season...mental!

Stunned by this, what price financial security though? Once it happens once then I can see more clubs going down this route. Sponsors want their money working for them, how can clubs say no at the end of the day?

Would I be happy if City changed colours, no way. But if it meant my grandchildren could watch the club and bring their kids up correctly then its a no brainer

Also, if this goes through, how long before a struggling club renames to a corporation (like TNS). Darlington or Macclesfield becoming Tescos United for example?

Red bull already have 2 clubs. New york and one in austria? The austrian club is completely unrecognisable to what it was before they came in. Winning alot more for sure but no sole to the club at all. Only a matter of time before it happens here. At the end of the day money talks unfortunately

I Guess this is where it all comes down round our ears, i said us and i mean us, The Cliche " fighting above their weight " now rings so true, Pro clubs like Cardiff and ourselves have been put into a situation of either sink or swim, so what do we do, we take the handouts from sugar daddies and hope to reach that promised land, but the ones who dictate, who rule the rooste dont want us there, they want the marketable elite of english football, a saleable product thats been proven over the years, the ones that advertisers will stick with, who's marketing gurus have done their research with and know they have something to throw on the tables of any blue chip corporation who will bite there hands off for just a small peice of that pie, 20 seconds at half time will bring them x amount of revenue for x amount of investment, a guaranteed no brainer....WE dont belong there, Cardiff dont belong there, see the ever widening gulf between Championship and the Premier !!! all in black and white...Rant Rant Rant, i could go on but my fingers are tired, b,sides gotta check out latest tracks on my last crazy thread...think people,,What are the parachute payments all about ????

The thing is, if this was happening to another team, Cardiff fans would be taking the piss and saying it would never happen to us etc, but because it's happening to them, it's ok!!!!!!

The truth is, you'll be the Cardiff Dragons, you won't be blooooooooobirds anymore and to 99% of football fans you will have sold your history and club down the river for a fast buck.

............However, it's all complete bollocks, no chance.......or is there!

Don't Swansea play in white, that seems a luckier colour than the blue of Cardiff and the red of Wrexham. There you have it Mr Tan, change it to white.

Even better, why don't you have the best of both worlds and mix white and red and wear pink

So they get £100 million......but what about the new fair play rules which state you can only spend £6 million per season???

I think the 100mill is for upgrades of the stadium, training ground and academy which without going back and reading i think is allowed. (or nobody could build a new facilities including us)

But technically correct its not going to give them a 100mill player transfer warchest.

Man i love saying warchest...

Archived