IGNORED

Cardiff City To Be Re-Branded

The Kaiser

And the award for over-reaction of the thread goes to Bluebird64 for this beaut:

What a pathetic comment. If you think that a new red kit and a name change is livable then I don't want to be associated with fans like you thanks. Good job you wern't around in WW2 as you would have been one of the collaborators that thought it would be livable to have blond hair and blue eyes.

But it can't take the prize for best post of the thread, which has to go to djwayne for the below classic:

Had a quick look and the internet domains for cardiff dragons are either taken or available.

And the award for over-reaction of the thread goes to Bluebird64 for this beaut:

But it can't take the prize for best post of the thread, which has to go to djwayne for the below classic:

Cardiff Dragons? The day they rebrand themselves with that they can piss off and play in their own league. Sounds like a rugby league team

Jesus, what next? The Portsmouth not got a pot to piss in, Bristol ******* R*vers, Cheltenham Snobs, Six Finger Swindon........

The point is that rugby union is the national game in Wales, and I can why the owners might want to cash in on that. Red is the predominant sporting colour in Wales, because the national rugby team play in it. If Cardiff City could buy into the passion that people have for rugby there, then they could be on a good bandwagon.

I thought the idea was to change the nickname from Bluebirds to Dragons, not the name of the club.

Wouldn't be the first time a club had had such a radical change of colours. Leeds United changed in the 1960s from blue and yellow to all white to associate themselves with the triumphant Real Madrid team of that era, and it didn't do them much harm.

We're the only red 'City' in the world!

Its quite funny though, Cardiff Super Red Happy Luck Wish Dragons FC is the rumoured name.

Don't fancy that chant.

Can't see this happening at all, probably something about a red away kit mixed with the branding increase at the ground due to the Blues leaving being blown out of proportion. Don't want the club responding to every rumour but now it is on the BBC site it may be best they come out and deny this.

Don't fancy that chant.

Can't see this happening at all, probably something about a red away kit mixed with the branding increase at the ground due to the Blues leaving being blown out of proportion. Don't want the club responding to every rumour but now it is on the BBC site it may be best the come out and deny this.

Eh bluey, soon going to be reddy!

So club officials "categorically deny" that there are plans to change the name of the club to "The Red Dragons" but fail to take the same opportunity to deny the other aspects of the rebranding rumour. Done deal then.

Well Cardiff City sources, doesn't mean anyone connected to the club in an official capacity necessarily, most likely Carl off the forum.

I don't think it's right, but I can see it could work. Red would not only suit their owners but it would make Cardiff more Welsh too wouldn't it, especially with the dragon name.

Also they haven't got any rivals who wear red as their more successful neighbours wear white. Imagine if we were told we were wearing blue, I mean PROPER blue!!! NEVER!!!

On a serious note, would you accept this? I personally think its madness!

Depends on the extent, I wouldn't be happy but whether we play in blue or red or a combination of both it is still my club. If it's called Cardiff City and based in Cardiff then those are the main things. Club badge has changed twice during the last decade or so that isn't a huge deal. Preferably none of it will change but the history will always be there.

Hard to take it too seriously at the moment mind, seems a little random, would have made a good April 1st. Maybe I will feel different if anything is announced.

Well Cardiff City sources, doesn't mean anyone connected to the club in an official capacity necessarily, most likely Carl off the forum.

Carl who said it was BS yesterday, then changed his mind today and deleted yesterdays thread about it :lol:

Carl who said it was BS yesterday, then changed his mind today and deleted yesterdays thread about it : :laugh::

Precisely, when he denied it yesterday it was almost a certainty to be true, now he is backtracking I'm not so worried.

Cardiff City are a ******* joke. The idea that they could somehow mobilise the whole of Wales behind them by playing in red is laughable – can’t believe its being seriously suggested!

When Sam Hammam was in charge a few years ago there was all this talk about them becoming “a team for all of Wales”.

This will never happen - for a start, the Wrexham fans in the North Wales heartlands hate Cardiff.

And what about Swansea City? They’re currently Wales’ best team, and they’ve won a lot of friends for their excellent attitude and style of football.

Cardiff's a fine city but their football team is run by a bunch of winkers.

Like you said Bluey, as long as you play in Cardiff, and keep the name its not such a big deal,

that aside, Why mend it if it aint broke ?

Well I'm not a great believer in luck and until we are in the Premier League any real Malaysian interest will be miniscule. Those are the points mooted, oh and of course it's going to make us the team of Wales. Well Cardiff and the surrounding area has the largest population in Wales anyway, North Walians aren't keen on us and those further West certainly aren't, a change of colour will not do a lot to suddenly interest those in the Cardiff area who currently aren't interested, only success will.

Don't see any great benefits which to me further implies it's all a well constructed hoax.

Isn't this about the Malaysian people, the colour red and dragons? Both are thought to be extremely lucky in Malaysia and it would make Cardiff easier to market in that area.

It makes sense in some ways but personally, I would hate it if it was us. Imagine any future owner trying to change us to blue? Yeeuuuuccchhh!

Archived