IGNORED

England At Euro 2012

durhamred13

Hart

Walker Lescott Cahill Cole

Young Gerrard Parker Ox-Chamberlain

Rooney Welbeck

Wouldnt have terry or rio anywhere near the squad, theyve both been shit for a long time, and have had shit seasons. The above team wont happen and they will both be there, we will go out in the group stages and people will say we did so because of an atmosphere in the camp because of them, or some s*** like that. Will have one eye on the england games but got money on holland so im doing it dutch!

Carroll has to go. Great option off the bench

Christ, no, why would we take a £35M donkey?

FWIW: if I were Roy, my squad would be

GK - Hart, Foster, Robinson

DEF - Walker, Richards, A Cole, Baines, Cahill, Smalling, Jagielka, Lescott

MID - Gerrard ©, Milner, Parker, Carrick, Rodwell, Henderson

FW - Rooney, Defoe, Welbeck, Walcott, Moses, A Young

I'd leave Terry behind on principle (the principle being that he's a donk, a ***** and just a horrible person), Ferdinand 'cos he's a fossil and Lampard because I've never thought much of him when playing for England.

Moses (is he English???) deserves a place 'cos he's been ace this season. Defoe rather than Crouch 'cos I don't rate Crouch against decent international sides, and we've got a hellish group where technique matters more than height - pace will be useful.

I'd leave Terry behind on principle (the principle being that he's a donk, a ***** and just a horrible person), Ferdinand 'cos he's a fossil and Lampard because I've never thought much of him when playing for England.

Moses (is he English???) deserves a place 'cos he's been ace this season. Defoe rather than Crouch 'cos I don't rate Crouch against decent international sides, and we've got a hellish group where technique matters more than height - pace will be useful.

Moses played for England u21 at Ashton gate a while back but has now decided to play for Nigeria.

Rodwell is injured I think and been ruled out Moses has decided not to play for England

Assuming Scholes isn't tempted out of retirement:

GK (3): Hart, Ruddy, Carson

DEF (7): Richards, Walker, Cahill, Lescott, Jones, Cole, Baines

MID (8): Young, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Parker, Gerrard, Milner, A Johnson, Walcott, Carrick

FW (5): Rooney, Crouch, Carroll, Welbeck, Sturridge

Seems to me a good mix of youth, potential, pace, form and versatility.

Assuming Scholes isn't tempted out of retirement:

GK (3): Hart, Ruddy, Carson

DEF (7): Richards, Walker, Cahill, Lescott, Jones, Cole, Baines

MID (8): Young, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Parker, Gerrard, Milner, A Johnson, Walcott, Carrick

FW (5): Rooney, Crouch, Carroll, Welbeck, Sturridge

Seems to me a good mix of youth, potential, pace, form and versatility.

Not enough centre halves for me, I know Richards could fill in there but i'd take out Carroll and bring in Rio or Jagielka.

• Admin

So Andy Carrol scores less goals than Torres, Not to mention Sturridge and yet most on here want Carroll to go because he played well for about 60 minutes against Chelsea....who are 6th..over two games...And still won the fa cup and then rested a load of players at Anfield?!!?!!

NO WAY should Andy Carroll be taken to the f'in euros over the likes of Sturridge and welbeck!

Absolute madness boys!

It's all much of a muchness.

In 2012, other than Rooney, no English qualified strikers have exactly set the world alight. In terms of PL goals, they have (appearances in brackets):

Rooney 13 (16)

Crouch 6 (17)

Holt 6 (17)

Welbeck 5 (16)

Graham 5 (18)

Defoe 4 (11)

Zamora 4 (16)

Bent 3 (7)

Sturridge 2 (13)

Carroll 2 (17)

Maynard 0 (0)

Not enough centre halves for me, I know Richards could fill in there but i'd take out Carroll and bring in Rio or Jagielka.

agree but I'd have rio nowhere near the team he isn't good enough anymore we need a younger squad Jag's is great Cahill and Lescott should be starters

Strikers really concern me, Rooney has scored loads/well quite a lot because he is in a team that creates loads of goals. Put Defoe, Bent in that team they would as well. This is what concerns me about Wellbeck. I know he is a different kind of striker, but he just doesn't look international standard to me, no real wow factor from the kid, nothing that marks him out a special.

For me if Bent is fit he has to go, the guy is the most natural finisher out there. I cannot think of another striker who would regularly hit the net like he did for that Charlton side, and I mean anyone, Where ever he has been he has banged in the goals, even when he was in and out of the side at Tottenham.

if he fails he fails, but for me he has proved he can play as a striker up front on his own time and time again, as well as a player in a front two. Time to see if he can do it at the highest level. Fingers crossed he is fit.

If not Rio or Jagielka, dare I say Steven Caulker?

to inexperanced I'd like to see him in a friendly before he gets a call up,

Danny Simpson and Ryan Taylor have been overlooked, Both have been fantastic for newcastle this season

to inexperanced I'd like to see him in a friendly before he gets a call up,

Danny Simpson and Ryan Taylor have been overlooked, Both have been fantastic for newcastle this season

As true as this is I dont think it will matter, any of the players who will start that first game are just as likely to be caught out as him. I just want to see something fresh, which we wont it will be the same old rubbish, the undroppables. Id rather start an 11 who had never played an international but gave a s*** rather than the 'experienced' lot who always screw it up anyway.

Like a lot of people I'd leave Terry out. On principle. Or just because he isn't playing very well.

I'd take Lampard and leave Gerrard, mainly because Lampard is playing in a winning team and Gerrard seems to have lost a lot.

Joe Cole is a good call. Play him behind Couch for the first two games.

Finally, I'd take Grant Holt. He's got a good touch and is great at bringing other players into the game. He'd be so surprised by his call up that he'd never give up trying.

So:

Hart

Richards Cahill Lescott ACole

Parker Lampard Oxlade-Chamberlain

JCole

Couch

Nice mix of experience and youth.

Like a lot of people I'd leave Terry out. On principle. Or just because he isn't playing very well.

I'd take Lampard and leave Gerrard, mainly because Lampard is playing in a winning team and Gerrard seems to have lost a lot.

Finally, I'd take Grant Holt. He's got a good touch and is great at bringing other players into the game. He'd be so surprised by his call up that he'd never give up trying.

So:

Hart

JCole

Couch

Team of 10 players? we'll never win it.

I think you forgot to add a right winger.

Team of 10 players? we'll never win it.

I think you forgot to add a right winger.

I'm playing Oxlade and Chamberlain. Though not necessarily in that order.

OK, since you are a traditionalist I'll go with Young on the right, although I don't really rate him.

(Jeez, I hope BCFC don't see this when I go for the manager's job again...)

So:

Hart

JCole

Couch

Jane Couch up front? that will give us some bite :)

I would go

Hart

Richards Cahill Lescott Cole

Barry

Johnson (Adam)Parker Lampard

Cole

Bent

Then when Rooney is back (if he goes)

I would remove Lampard, drop Cole back into midfield and put Rooney in behind Bent

Trying to get a little defensive protection in front on what would be a quite inexperienced defence, while trying to feed those up top.

Jane Couch up front? that will give us some bite :)

I would go

Hart

Richards Cahill Lescott Cole

Barry

Johnson (Adam)Parker Lampard

Cole

Bent

Then when Rooney is back (if he goes)

I would remove Lampard, drop Cole back into midfield and put Rooney in behind Bent

Trying to get a little defensive protection in front on what would be a quite inexperienced defence, while trying to feed those up top.

isn't bent injured?

You slate Carroll then pick Rodwell?

he's playing rooney for the first two games guys hence only 10 on the pitch :)

Exactly. And anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

Hodgson is the thinking man's football manager much like myself.

I intend to bring on 2 substitutes after 60 minutes and only take one man off. Imagine the confusion amongst the opposition!

Strikers really concern me, Rooney has scored loads/well quite a lot because he is in a team that creates loads of goals. Put Defoe, Bent in that team they would as well. This is what concerns me about Wellbeck. I know he is a different kind of striker, but he just doesn't look international standard to me, no real wow factor from the kid, nothing that marks him out a special.

For me if Bent is fit he has to go, the guy is the most natural finisher out there. I cannot think of another striker who would regularly hit the net like he did for that Charlton side, and I mean anyone, Where ever he has been he has banged in the goals, even when he was in and out of the side at Tottenham.

if he fails he fails, but for me he has proved he can play as a striker up front on his own time and time again, as well as a player in a front two. Time to see if he can do it at the highest level. Fingers crossed he is fit.

If we're talking about clinical finishing then Van Nistelrooy? The real Ronaldo?

Archived