IGNORED

England At Euro 2012

durhamred13

If we're talking about clinical finishing then Van Nistelrooy? The real Ronaldo?

I would like to have seen a Ronaldo, Van Nistelrooy, Rooney and Henry playing with that team of Charlton players. Would have been interesting to see who would have scored most. I am not saying Bent would have outscored them, we would never have known. but the big great scorers in our game have always had the good players to feed them. Bent hasn't really had the benefit of that throughout his career in England, but has continually been a really top drawer goal scorer.

Put it another way, I would love to see his scoring record if he had played for Man U, Man City, Arsenal etc. I just don't think he gets the credit he deserves as a top top quality Premier League goalscorer. That is not to say he could take it on to the international scene, I jst want to see what he can do

I would like to have seen a Ronaldo, Van Nistelrooy, Rooney and Henry playing with that team of Charlton players. Would have been interesting to see who would have scored most. I am not saying Bent would have outscored them, we would never have known. but the big great scorers in our game have always had the good players to feed them. Bent hasn't really had the benefit of that throughout his career in England, but has continually been a really top drawer goal scorer.

Put it another way, I would love to see his scoring record if he had played for Man U, Man City, Arsenal etc. I just don't think he gets the credit he deserves as a top top quality Premier League goalscorer. That is not to say he could take it on to the international scene, I jst want to see what he can do

I think you're slightly making him out to be better than he is. No doubt he has a good goal-scoring record and he is a good player but he's got nothing on Rooney imo.

Henry without a doubt, makes most of his goal's himself,

I think you're slightly making him out to be better than he is. No doubt he has a good goal-scoring record and he is a good player but he's got nothing on Rooney imo.

Nah not really All I have said is he is he is a top goal scorer, never mentioned the other facets of his game. ut I will stand by my comments that he is a top top goalscorer at prem level.

Also, does anyone else rememember Glenn Humphries head butting a player on the half way line at some home match or other. I may just be making things up in my old age but I swear I remember it happening.

I vaguely remember something like that happening

The legend goes, he sparked out a opposition player in a reserve game, when the opposition can to give him some he punched a load of them as well, and got his psycho nickname from that.

How true it is I dunno.

It's a bit like the myth everyone was at Crewe? to see John Bailey smash one home from 30 yards, if the amount of people I know or have spoken to about it actually saw that goal live, then Crewe would need 3 stadiums to fill the number of fans in the away end!

Welbeck has only scored 9 this season holt 14 and Graham 11 so by your logic Welbeck shouldn't be taken to the f**kin euros ether

Welbeck has more PL exp (Sunderland) and is miles better than that £35M donkey!!! plus his partnership with rooney/young will come in handy if they manage to get past the group stages.

Holt and Graham maybe good squad additions tbh.

Sturridge and welbeck we're both brilliant out on loan and have both been pretty good for there clubs this season.

My group stage team would be:

Hart

Richards Cahill Lescott Cole

Parker

Oxchamb Lampard Young

Sturridge Welbeck

subs: Walker, Jones, Barry, Walcott, Foster, Milner, Carroll (urgh)

I loosely follow Arsenal due to family and I find it bizarre that some of you are starting Oxlade-Chamberlain and not even including Theo in your squads.

Also, if the likes of Adam Johnson and Andy Carroll make the squad after the season they've had then English football really is in a bad state.

I loosely follow Arsenal due to family and I find it bizarre that some of you are starting Oxlade-Chamberlain and not even including Theo in your squads.

Also, if the likes of Adam Johnson and Andy Carroll make the squad after the season they've had then English football really is in a bad state.

When hasn't it!? 90's? still didnt win anything then!

You say that but we have the most promising youngsters we've had for years.

Not sure it's the minimum, depends how you look at it. France and Portugal are the only hosts since the 60s to go beyond the semi final. A host reaching the semi final looks like a "most likely" outcome rather than a minimum.

Having had to sit through our other efforts in this tournament, euro 96 was relatively speaking, bliss.

Minimum on the basis that in every Euro finals prior to that the hosts had made it to the semis or 3rd/4th place game, and thus England should have expected at least similar. I hear what you're saying though.

I was at all 5 games in Euro 96, and then had the misfortune to be in Charleroi for the Germany and Romania matches, and most recently at the 4 games in SA: Euro 96 was indeed bliss in comparison.

Thats Jones a cert to go then, I may be tempted to include rio instead of Smalling for his leadership quilities in the training field but he wouldn't be a starter for me

I think Jones was a cert anyway as he can play RB , CH or DM. Micah Richards will now be back up for Walker at RB I reckon.

Hart, Foster, Ruddy

Walker, Richards, Jones, Jagielka, Cahill, Baines, Cole,

Young, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lennon, Sinclair, Parker, Barry, Gerrard, J Cole, Carrick

Rooney, Holt, Welbeck, Sturridge

---------------------Hart-------------------------

Walker----Cahill---------Jagiekla----Cole

------------Parker----------Barry-------------

Chamberlain----J. Cole-------Young-----

-----------------------Welbeck------------------

Archived