IGNORED

Possibly Breaking News Regarding Ashton Vale

Glastonbury Red

My understanding is that Ross Crail tends to find in favour of virtually every TVG she works on. FFS, she even agreed with the Nimby's that a litter strewn, methane pipe invested dump was a TVG. That's why I think this is very bad news, not melodramatic just very depressing.

It doesnt matter if we appoint Maggie Thatcher, the queen of sheba or the gingerbread man. The bottom line is, the council want the stadium and the final decision is theirs. When it comes to the final decision, the village green application is going to be thrown into the trash, where it deserves.

It doesnt matter if we appoint Maggie Thatcher, the queen of sheba or the gingerbread man. The bottom line is, the council want the stadium and the final decision is theirs. When it comes to the final decision, the village green application is going to be thrown into the trash, where it deserves.

I hope you are right Luke but didn't the council say they would abide by the officers recommendation in the new application?

Interesting if there is a compensation issue here. Given planning permission has been granted for a stadium, I wonder if SL is eligible for significant compensation? Could end up with ratepayers coughing up for the rights of residents pitbulls to have a crap.

Shocking piece of legislation in my view. Wonder if SL has any route under the human rights act (an equally crap piece of legislation) for rights to enjoy his own property?

The council have already stated they will go with the recommendation.

Ross Crail has ALWAYS come down in favour of recommending a plot of land as TVG in every case she's overlooked.

It's abundantly clear once more that someone from inside the council is a) working against us and b) leaking all this. It's about time the council found out who and deal with it accordingly

Anyone reckon we already own/got an option to buy the land between Williams and Winterstoke Rd?

Brady has been sold. Midas are sill next door and Wickes etc are quite happy next to that. It would cost millions to buy up those plots of land

I don't like the sound of this quote......

“But this was no ordinary landfill site.

“As recognised by the local planning authority, because of its proximity to housing it was not a location where tipping would have been allowed had ordinary planning controls applied.

“Local residents still needed to walk their dogs and local children still wanted somewhere to play.

“Given those factors and the background of previous recreational users, I find it credible that during the landfill period, people did continue to walk round and play on the untouched and restored parts of Field 1 (the landfill site) and in the other fields.

“I also find it entirely credible that as soon as Field 1 was fully restored and grassed, recreational use of the whole of it was resumed.

“I can see no reason why it would not have been. Indeed, there are several factors which support the probability of that having been the case.”

Earlier she says in her report: “I find that the whole of the Application Land (the 42-acre site) was extensively used throughout the critical 20-year period by local people for informal recreation.

“I base that finding on the oral evidence of the 22 witnesses called by the applicants (the residents) who all appeared to me to be honest witnesses. They did not give me the impression of exaggerating their personal use of the Application Land.”

She says the whole site was “patently an attractive place for recreation”.

So...anywhere where, in the past 20 years, people have "walked around and played" can become a village green and can't be built on. Not a lot of new development going to happen in this country in the coming years then, is there??

So...anywhere where, in the past 20 years, people have "walked around and played" can become a village green and can't be built on. Not a lot of new development going to happen in this country in the coming years then, is there??

It looks like that's how it is in Miss Crails' world Dave, Scandalous TBH.

All this goes way over my head too.

How on earth can the land be classed as a public village green when somebody owns it?? So it could turn out that SL bought land that he can do f all with?

And if this Ross Crail passes everything as a Village Green how are they still in a job?? Surely the credibility would go down no??

The council have already stated they will go with the recommendation.

Ross Crail has ALWAYS come down in favour of recommending a plot of land as TVG in every case she's overlooked.

It's abundantly clear once more that someone from inside the council is a) working against us and b) leaking all this. It's about time the council found out who and deal with it accordingly

Is it gospel that ms crail always registers land as a vg?! I repeated that on here once and was slated by a couple of posters claiming this incorrect. I will get stuck into google later and check her previous work. Ive heard from an interesting sauce that bristol citizen is a councik employee or simply the mouthpiece for an inside man/ women working against us.

No they don't - why on Earth would the council have to do that ?

Its the landowners who have cocked it up by not carrying out due dilligence over the purchase of the land.

The council sold it to him in the first place I think they have to buy it back at the price they sold it to him, etherway a claim will going in because of the planning costs incured,

I'm sure its all under a contract clause lansdown isn't stupid

I remeber reading a case in wales where a housing devloper brought land got planning permission then the village won TVG status and ended up costing the villagers 500k + (or somthing) to cover the devlopers costs,

I'll see if i can find the artical

No they don't - why on Earth would the council have to do that ?

Its the landowners who have cocked it up by not carrying out due dilligence over the purchase of the land.

I think there is provision within te legislation for a local authority to compensate a land owner if his land is declared a TVG.

Brady has been sold. Midas are sill next door and Wickes etc are quite happy next to that. It would cost millions to buy up those plots of land

Tom,

Am i right in thinking that Braby was purchased in 2011 by an anonymous buyer?

I spoke to CS after he left Ashton Gate and he told me the most likely outcome in all of this would be to redevelop Ashton Gate.

I know we already have planning permission for the ground as its stated in the planning statement

• Full planning application to replace the Williams (west) stand with a new 11,543 seat stand

(LPA Ref: 98/03708/F), approved 28 July 1999.

• Outline planning application to replace the Wedlock (south) and Dolman (east) stand with new

stands (LPA Ref: 98/03709/P), approved 28 July 1999.

• Application for the renewal of outline planning permission 98/03709/P to replace the Wedlock

(south) and Dolman (east) stand with new stands (LPA Ref: 03/00538/R), approved 09 July

• Reserved matters application (Ref: 03/00538) for the demolition of the existing Wedlock stand

and the erection of a new three storey 5,000 seater stand with ancillary accommodation (LPA

Ref: 05/00974/M), approved 28 July 2005.

• Application for the renewal of full planning permission 98/03708/F for the demolition of the

Williams (west) stand and construction of a new 11,543 seat stand (LPA Ref: 05/03729/R),

approved 22 February 2006.

I was told however that the pitch would be rotated - which would leave the above applications void. Leaving no plans in the pipe line to redevelop any time soon.

Would be interested to know if anyone has any more info on this.

I didn't realise that any plans had ever been sumbitted to replace the Dolman. That's surprising.

While it would not be the priority in ground renovation, it will be necessary. Although it was groundbreaking in it's time (the largest single steel girder span when built) that was 40 years ago and has been pointed out many times on here it is poorly designed in that in forces those exiting out through the front of the structure. Any new design would surely include corporate boxes and a much more state of the art exhibition hall etc.

While it would not be the priority in ground renovation, it will be necessary. Although it was groundbreaking in it's time (the largest single steel girder span when built) that was 40 years ago and has been pointed out many times on here it is poorly designed in that in forces those exiting out through the front of the structure. Any new design would surely include corporate boxes and a much more state of the art exhibition hall etc.

I meant a surprise in that nothing's ever been announced other than a brief look at adding boxes at the back of the stand

Archived