IGNORED

Possibly Breaking News Regarding Ashton Vale

Glastonbury Red

How any of you can say the council havent supported you is rediculous..

Flogged you the land for cheap

Approved AV plans

Approved Sainsburys

Split the site despite a TG inspector saying it should all be TG

If anything the councils bias towards you and your new stadium has cost the taxpayer money, thanks to dodgy decisions leading to appeals.etc

Its a pity BCC pulled out of the high court appeal, because we might have got a look at the sort of stuff really going on...

Yes, but SGC have also accommodated the Gash where possible. As I understand it, the chairman of the Council (Councillor John Calway) and also a number of the senior planning officers (who were all closely involved with the application) were Gasheads. So jog on and crawl back into your hole!

At BCC, there are some unusual goings on, and whilst there is some political support for the stadium at the very top (Simon Cook), there are also some dark forces afoot which are working against the project from the inside.

If the Evening Post were a decent newspaper they would investigate a story like this!

Firstly, Steve Lansdown bought the land from a private individual, not the council, so get your facts straight.

I'm not talking about the original land purchase, I'm talking about the smaller land that BCC gave BCFC later.

Secondly, it has **** all to do with you...

As a resident of Bristol and someone who pays tax to BCC, it does

Why don't we play at Friends Arena in Stockholm? Soon to be finished. 50,000 seats and a roof. National stadium and the home of my team AIK Solna. Hardly used over winter as our league takes a break but with a roof. Steve to be partial owner and you to fly Ryan. At home a bit later but no big deal. I will talk to your wifes/girlfriends. Better get used to it. In 20 years time we will have to go to Asia where we will be situated. Employed to create some athmosphere.

All Bristol is out in the stitches so should be plenty of land to build a new stadium

Bristol is surrounded by lots of green spaces, like many Citys, the problem is that people live in on near those green spaces and they like them. We also have large areas of historical interest which should be protected. For a comparatively large place most of it has been squeezed into a small area inside the surrounding seven hills which reduces the space available. Finally, it has been pretty affluent over the years which means not much has been allowed to deterioate and we don't have large areas of "brownfield" space with good transport links.

• Admin

Bristol is surrounded by lots of green spaces, like many Citys, the problem is that people live in on near those green spaces and they like them. We also have large areas of historical interest which should be protected. For a comparatively large place most of it has been squeezed into a small area inside the surrounding seven hills which reduces the space available. Finally, it has been pretty affluent over the years which means not much has been allowed to deterioate and we don't have large areas of "brownfield" space with good transport links.

Apart from the old Bath Road Diesel depot site and the eyesore which is the old Post office building (what a lovely sight to greet first time visitors to the City, who come by train from the East). couldn't we squeeze a stadium in there?

How any of you can say the council havent supported you is rediculous..

Approved AV plans

Approved Sainsburys

Split the site despite a TG inspector saying it should all be TG

If anything the councils bias towards you and your new stadium has cost the taxpayer money, thanks to dodgy decisions leading to appeals.etc

Its a pity BCC pulled out of the high court appeal, because we might have got a look at the sort of stuff really going on...

Best not to comment on things you know #### all about.

I'd concentrate on your own shambles of a football club if I were you. Those fat out of sorts non league players need to get fit quick or another season of obscurity beckons.

And a little birdie has told me that your stadium 'permission' is far from done and dusted. You haven't got permission until the Section 106 agreement is signed remember. That's all I'll say...now off you go and play with some traffic

Apart from the old Bath Road Diesel depot site and the eyesore which is the old Post office building (what a lovely sight to greet first time visitors to the City, who come by train from the East). couldn't we squeeze a stadium in there?

No, its to small, way to small.

All Bristol is out in the stitches so should be plenty of land to build a new stadium

Perhaps my Mum can knit us a new stadium. Would be a good place to play a needle game.

Not true.

SL bought the land the stadium is to be built on privately, not from the council despite what some people on here keep claiming.

The pricing for the other land is based on it's market value, it's not free at all. (Just they're not holding us to randsom by basing the value on the uplift given by the development). They can't do that anyway because no development, no uplist.

The trade off for that is the getting the rapid transit system linked up and the tradeoff for Sainsbury's is releasing the old site for housing to meet the targets they have.

They haven't given us anything.

I'd agree they support the application, they're just not very competent.

I was thinking the other day; could the club develop the allotment land to the west of the railway line for a new stadium?

For rather obvious reasons, it is generally difficult to gain planning permission to develop on allotment land. However, in this case, the club have a unique position where they could negotiate at land deal with the landlords (i.e. The Council). This could see a proportion of the Ashton Vale land (equal to the allotment land) being swapped at no cost for the allotment land. Surely, the Council would support this because they want to help the stadium project due to their quite open political support of the scheme. The clear risk, however, is that it would quite contentious with the existing allotment tenants and the green brigade.

As allotments are "technically" an agricultural use, it would be possible to operate this use on the Ashton Vale site without breaching the village green designation, or by needing a further planning consent. Also by virtue of decanting the allotment use to Ashton Vale, it would open up the existing allotment site for redevelopment because there would be nil detriment to the allotment land (and the opportunity to increase provision and improve facilities).

As you can see from the plan below, it is would be quite difficult to fit a stadium on solely the allotment site. It would be necessary therefore to assemble some land to the north (i.e. the car auction/industrial units) to make this a feasible site for a stadium. Obviously these businesses would not simply give up their land on the cheap; although with a site area of 17 hectares it may be possible to rationalise these existing units across the site more efficiently, or provide more valuable land uses, such as retail (which may encourage the existing landlords to redevelop their land). Ultimately, however, this is dependent on current contracts with the tenants of the units which may not be up for renegotiation. There are also likely to be some flooding and access issues (but not insurmountable).

This option is advantageous because it leaves the Ashton Gate site to be redeveloped for a foodstore, thereby retaining a funding stream.

There are quite a lot of pitfalls, but I reckon this could work if the TVG application is ultimately successful.

Personally I think there is still hope for Ashton Vale. If not, this could be an imaginative idea that could work. The problem is, it’s imaginative! When has Bristol City Council ever had any imagination? Not in living memory.

What I don't understand is why Steve Lansdown doesn't take legal action against the last decision. i.e. The decision made by BCC where the Northern part WAS designated suitable to build on, and the only reason it didn't go ahead was because the boundaries weren't marked correctly.

In my eyes, he had everything he needed there and then to build, but someone in the Council made a massive cockup drawing the boundaries incorrectly - surely that would constitute legal action against the Council to force them to do it right?

When it goes back to the inspector,I think the landowner(SL) will be more than ready to counter the so called evidence supplied by the vg'ers.I can't believe his legal team will not of got their act together,the problem first time round was complacency.

When it goes back to the inspector,I think the landowner(SL) will be more than ready to counter the so called evidence supplied by the vg'ers.I can't believe his legal team will not of got their act together,the problem first time round was complacency.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Horse has bolted now, it will take some catching. Complete balls up on the clubs behalf, no one else's, the rest is just circumstance to city's cock ups

I agree - the club simply didn't do their homework! The other problem was/is that the 'evidence' wasn't given under oath so basically people could 'bend the truth' on their written statements without having to prove it - I've seen some of the statements given and basically they were total and utter tosh!

Am I missing something, or are a lot of forum users jumping the gun?

The original post simply says that the original Inspector will be handed the new evidence.

I am guessing that this "new evidence" is being supplied by BCC and the Landowners?

Therefore, if, and it may well be a big if, this new evidence is credible, wouldn't it be better for Ross Crail to run her rule over it.

Inspector Crail has already listened to the Anti Stadium campaigners and backed their case.

If, in Inspector Crails eyes, the new evidence shows that SAVE have been conservative with the truth, Could she recommend her original decision be reversed?

Mr Lansdown is a very astute business man, and I think many members on this thread under estimate him and his legal team.

I have no doubt he and his team have done all they can regarding this fiasco, and maybe, just maybe this new evidence could make the difference?

All will be revealed in the next few weeks.

There must be someone leaking all this information to BC, either within BCC, the NIMBYs lawyers or the legal system.

I have said all along that there is a NIMBY mole within BCC, who in their right mind would choose the most pro TVG Inspector if they were for the stadium project?, also many letters have been leaked days before being made public.

Until that situation is resolved, we are up against it......there is a spy in the camp somewhere.

BCAGFC

1000% guarantee that there is an insider giving out information to the opposition.

When I ran my petition (Tesco), other people asked me or allowed me to use their name on the petition and I was allowed to enter those names via my computer, it was only about ten anyway. Tony Dyer was informed about this and I was accused of cheating too discredit me, even though the opponents were using college kids, their kids and what appeared to be pets names on their petition.

Bristol Citizen is also known as The Bristol Blogger, a more offensive obnoxious little git you will ever come across. When you search for Bristol Blogger, the name of Bill Wren comes up as a worker, anyone know him?. I know there is a Bill (union rep) within the council, that might make him untouchable.

Archived