IGNORED

Possibly Breaking News Regarding Ashton Vale

Glastonbury Red

I read an amazing stat about the green spaces in England. Only 12% of the entire country is developed. The rest is green space.

See here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18623096

The nearest stat to your 12% is 12.7% representing the amount of land mass that is forested in the UK. The total percentage of England that is classified as built on is in fact 2.3%. I assume when you mean 'developed' this is what you mean; built on. If you mean classified as urban that figure rises to just over 10% in England.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Town-green-row-goes-inspector/story-16677881-detail/story.html

THE fate of Bristol City's proposed new stadium at Ashton Vale is now back in the hands of the woman who gave the whole site town green status.

The city council sensationally dropped its defence over a legal challenge in May which effectively saw the saga return to square one.

1. ​4030391.png

Now the council has confirmed that it is referring the issue back to barrister Ross Crail who held a public inquiry two years ago into the whole site.

Ms Crail, an expert in town green legislation, recommended that the whole 42-acre site should be registered as a town green and effectively ruled out any development on the land.

This was a major blow to City's hopes of building their new £92-million stadium.

But the council's public rights of way committee decided in June last year to register only part of the land – which opened the door for the club to build its new stadium on the site of a former landfill site.

Campaigners mounted a legal challenge against the decision which led to hearings in the High Court in London.

But the council eventually decided to withdraw and save taxpayers' money after being advised that they had no hope of winning.

It will now be up to Ms Crail to decide how to proceed and whether there should be a second public inquiry.

A council spokesman said: "It will be for Ms Crail in the first instance, to review the matter as it stands, and to take a view as to the most appropriate process for taking things forward, before ultimately producing a report and recommendation for the Council's Public Rights of Way and Greens Committee to make the final decision on registration (or not) of those disputed parts of the Ashton Vale site, based on her recommendation.

"We would anticipate that Ms Crail will have most likely carried out her initial review of the position by the end of August and decided how to take the matter forward thereafter.

"A statement in relation to the fuller anticipated timetable and the process to be followed will therefore be released in due course."

A spokesman for the club said: "We await the outcome of this process. As we have previously stated, we do not feel it necessary to comment further."

1000% guarantee that there is an insider giving out information to the opposition.

When I ran my petition (Tesco), other people asked me or allowed me to use their name on the petition and I was allowed to enter those names via my computer, it was only about ten anyway. Tony Dyer was informed about this and I was accused of cheating too discredit me, even though the opponents were using college kids, their kids and what appeared to be pets names on their petition.

Bristol Citizen is also known as The Bristol Blogger, a more offensive obnoxious little git you will ever come across. When you search for Bristol Blogger, the name of Bill Wren comes up as a worker, anyone know him?. I know there is a Bill (union rep) within the council, that might make him untouchable.

Very interesting. I dont think he is a union rep:

http://www.bristol.gov.uk/page/trade-union-contacts

If he is indeed the Bristol Blogger aka Bristol Citizen then hes made a howler, (just like Still Waters did) in regards to keeping his name secret. Maybe he is the bloggers evil henchman. Either way a quick search shows he sends numerous FOI requests to the council, lots relating to our new ground.

My bet is they have a friend / family in the council who provide this inside info. However I have heard from an interesting source that the rumour is the blogger is an employee of BCC. He sure seems to have upset a lot of people, not only on this issue.

In regards to their petition, yes they used pets names....they even took time to create their pets facebook accounts!!!!I guess all irrelevent now anyway.

Roll on the season starting, we need something else to talk about!

Archived