IGNORED

Possibly Breaking News Regarding Ashton Vale

Glastonbury Red

Just spoke to guy price outside the stadium. Won't say too much but suffice to say the appointment of Ross crail would not be satisfactory from city's point of view!

He said he'd be checking twitter now. Club obviously know nothing about this tho and as we all know that bristol citizen is a shit stirrer of the highest order

The fact is with the Council that as long as you had the World Cup Bid to back up your application they saw Money coming to Bristol (and themselves) As soon as the Wo9rld Cup Bid went tits up then that was your lot with the Council.We have had this for years where they have no interest unless they stand to gain. They are not interested in Sport for either club and are after Money anyway they can get it. I really think you should have got your ground as should we (but probably won't!) You of course have the advantage in that Lansdown can afford more to redevelop AG whereas we are in a boat without a paddle if Sainsburys falls through as there is no way we can afford to develop the Mem even though the option does exist.

The fact is with the Council that as long as you had the World Cup Bid to back up your application they saw Money coming to Bristol (and themselves) As soon as the Wo9rld Cup Bid went tits up then that was your lot with the Council.We have had this for years where they have no interest unless they stand to gain. They are not interested in Sport for either club and are after Money anyway they can get it. I really think you should have got your ground as should we (but probably won't!) You of course have the advantage in that Lansdown can afford more to redevelop AG whereas we are in a boat without a paddle if Sainsburys falls through as there is no way we can afford to develop the Mem even though the option does exist.

Unless you get a large number of do-gooders kicking off Sainsburys will go through. I understand it's gathering pace, but most of the usual agitators live in Southville, so I'm not sure if they will be that bothered.

But we're the ones trying to get something built. I agree the council have to take the lions share of the blame, but I refuse to believe there were things we could not have done better

If you are talking about overall then maybe we could've done things better but this inspector decision is bcc 's and noone else's

If you are talking about overall then maybe we could've done things better but this inspector decision is bcc 's and noone else's

I'm I right in thinking that it was the council decision to refer this to the town green inspector in the first instance and the the council was under no obligation to do this ?

I'm I right in thinking that it was the council decision to refer this to the town green inspector in the first instance and the the council was under no obligation to do this ?

That's correct. They could of said "nope load of rubbish" to them and we would of been in there by now

Hang on everyone!

It's new evidence, it may entirely contradict what R Crail was told in the first place.

Remember, she was only given one side of the story in the original case.

SL may have some very good new evidence that may well lead to R Crail realising that she was told a pack of lies by the village idiots.

It's not over till its over,SL said "it will be built" have faith.

That's correct. They could of said "nope load of rubbish" to them and we would of been in there by now

That's my understanding , so its even more gulling when then LibDems claimed they supported the stadium bid. It just goes to show they have always sat on the fence , frighten to make differcult choices. The LibDem always wanted to appear to be all things to all man when in facts they are just a bunch of weak mealy mouth ex hippys.

No, you can't just ignore people who feel they have a right by law to contest something.

The council had to refer it to someone. The VG people obviously took legal advice and the council were probably aware of this.

Town Green applications are not something a council can just ignore.

So the land is owned by Mr lansdown eh ?

Right...methinks it is time to ask his permission on the use of HIS land for the following

Legal Raves

Concerts

Custom car shows with **** off great engines and loud exhausts

And anything else that can be noisy and within the law

How about 1 grand fines for letting dogs shit on his land. And fines for walking dogs, no ball games, more fines, and under no circumstances ice skating!

@bristol_citizen has indicated in reply to a tweet that the appointment of Ross Crail has not yet been agreed by the powers that be at BCC. It's apparently a recommendation that has to be approved.

The council want the stadium don't they? So why would they appoint her?

Just a quickie for someone with legal knowledge.

It gets granted a Village Green, we can't built blah blah blah.

SL owns the land, right? So what rights will he have on turning the land private and not letting any ****er on it?

Zip if it's all VG - "access for all, and don't even think about putting up a wooden bog, cuz someone will bitch"

I don't understand chaps...

Can someone briefly explain why this is game over?

Surely it has to be proven that Crail considers all of the evidence available before making a decision?

Exactly, not to mention the council could quite easily go against her reccommendation anyway, like they did last time.

People being melodramatic and jumping the gun on here, as per usual.

Exactly, not to mention the council could quite easily go against her reccommendation anyway, like they did last time.

Indeed, thats how i see it. She can look at the new evidence, recommend its a village green, BCC decide to grant permission. Probably make grounds for another JR almost impossible id imagine.

People being melodramatic and jumping the gun on here, as per usual.

My understanding is that Ross Crail tends to find in favour of virtually every TVG she works on. FFS, she even agreed with the Nimby's that a litter strewn, methane pipe invested dump was a TVG. That's why I think this is very bad news, not melodramatic just very depressing.

Archived