IGNORED

Strong Comments From Woolford

Port Said Red

Wooly has every right to stick two fingers up to a good few fans.I am pleased for him that he is now out of the hot seat.Only downside of that of course is that now there is a empty seat to fill.Luckily some of our wonderful supporters already have the knives out for Marv,Albert and Skusey.

Debate and constructive criticism are one thing,but In my opinion the hatred and bile directed at Woolford via twitter was completely over the top and cowardly.To be honest though I think this subject has been done to death and we should move on and enjoy what Woolford is bringing to the team.

Debate and constructive criticism are one thing,but In my opinion the hatred and bile directed at Woolford via twitter was completely over the top and cowardly.To be honest though I think this subject has been done to death and we should move on and enjoy what Woolford is bringing to the team.

I agree, Wooly need to let it go now its old news, lets focus on the here and now and here is to an exciting future!

Fair play to the lad, he's starting to prove people wrong, but that's exactly why he doesn't need the sly comments on twitter about haters and these little niggles in interviews. Let the doubters have their opinions and just prove them wrong on the pitch, he doesn't need to rise to them IMO - makes him look a bit silly and hung up on it.

I had to laugh after the gillinhham game i read a comment on hear saying they didnt think Del was the right man for the job.

I think these are probably the same "fans" who abused Wooly on twitted. Fickled and dont care about the affect it has on idividuals.

I think we as fans had every right to let him know he wasnt good enough, hes been here 18 months and played well twice, long may it continue but it may take some supporters a while to forgive a player who has been stealing a living for so long

Time to pack it in. Get behind the guy and the team as a whole.

Wooly has every right to stick two fingers up to a good few fans.I am pleased for him that he is now out of the hot seat.Only downside of that of course is that now there is a empty seat to fill.Luckily some of our wonderful supporters already have the knives out for Marv,Albert and Skusey.

Skuse? Who has been digging at Skuse? I think of the two games I have seen him play this year he has been fantastic at moving the ball around. And that's from someone that has found it hard to find reasons to praise him in the past.

I can't believe Albert has taken any abuse either, he hasn't been as good as we know he can be but still still a very high level performer in a squad that's doing well.

I think we as fans had every right to let him know he wasnt good enough, hes been here 18 months and played well twice, long may it continue but it may take some supporters a while to forgive a player who has been stealing a living for so long

Absolute rubbish, ever played football? It's a confidence game. He's always had talent,you don't become a pro footballer if you haven't got talent.

Because he started off slowly, people like you thought it fair game to get on his back.

Do you think that helped him?

Our manager picked him regularly and he knows a lot more about the game than you do.

Do you think he played badly on purpose ?

Don,t you think he realised he could do better?

For god sake he isnt a bloody bricklayer, give the guy some slack.

Now he is showing us the real deal and you still have a snide go at him.

We need to encourage him and the rest of the team.

Exactly, he is a PROFESSIONAL footballer (he makes his living from playing football) and for 18 months he has not been good enough. He has very GRADUALLY been improving resulting in 2 great performances.

The only people who need to hang there heads in shame are the twitter trolls, the rest who criticised him have nothing to apologise for, so for the sanctimonious on here would you continue to go to a restaurant and pay for and eat food if it was shit? of course not you would complain and stop going to that restaurant and quite rightly so because the chef is supposed to be PROFESSIONAL at his job as well, in the real world most people get the sack after 3 warnings if the are not performing, so perhaps he is lucky to still be employed.

The standard IMO applies.

Do you think he played badly on purpose ?

Don,t you think he realised he could do better?

For god sake he isnt a bloody bricklayer, give the guy some slack.

Now he is showing us the real deal and you still have a snide go at him.

We need to encourage him and the rest of the team.

Jesus, we encouraged him and various other under performing players, management and coaching staff for over 2 years now and they increasingly took us closer and closer towards relegation and that was the aforementioned players, management and coaching staff's fault and not the fans.

How much more slack would you have been prepared to have given him for interests sake?.

If I'd worked shit for 18months I would lose my job, even if supportive customers said I was suffering with lack of confidence.

Luckily for Woolford, he is now starting to show what he is capable of.

I think the people who abused him on twitter are a bit sad, but likewise, if I could earn the riches this guy has got. For what?, playing a game. I would take whatever abuse came my way.

I think our goal keepers take worse abuse stood in front of away fans, where are all the do gooders running to these rich guys defence?

Absolute rubbish, ever played football? It's a confidence game. He's always had talent,you don't become a pro footballer if you haven't got talent.

Because he started off slowly, people like you thought it fair game to get on his back.

Do you think that helped him?

Our manager picked him regularly and he knows a lot more about the game than you do.

of course it's a confidence game, but 18 months?, don't you think it's a long time?, even Hunt or Stewart didn't get anywhere near that amount of time did they?, or do you believe that they still deserve a chance to prove us wrong?, of course you are also correct with your last sentence as well and that is why some managers like players are so highly prized, well when they get it right because it's not a precise science like some would have us believe.

This, the bloke should shut the **** up and let his football do the talking,

Before he pipes up about not letting people (Fans) get him down he should do a bit more to repay the faith managers have showed in him

:laugh: this is comical, he hasn't had a go at anyone, he has just said he won't let things and people get him down

If you or others think that is having a go at anyone, well that is quite unbelievable. He has stated he won't be letting things and people get him down. That is saying more about his state of mind than having a go at the fans.

maybe some Fans should shut the **** up and let him get on with playing, kind of works two ways doesn't it. After all, he will do a lot better on the pitch if he hasn't got tards abusing him from the stands and on twitter.

looks like people still want to have a go at him for stating the bleeding obvious!

If fans get annoyed by 1 small sentence, then just imagine how much more of a well hinged person Woolford is, that he can take 18 months of abuse, verbally and on his twitter page, and not over react. But I guess some people get so annoyed that they have to react in a way to give more abuse. i.e. shut the **** up.

Archived