IGNORED

Strong Comments From Woolford

Port Said Red

Promotion to the Championship, Going to Wembley, What more do you want for excitement?!

Ok we weren't the Swansea of our division but we got there and nothing will get better than being on the pitch after the Rotherham game singing and cheering how we are going up.

He got us into the Championship and we might of not had Del if we were still in league 1.

With regards to Woolford, he has started the season in fire no doubt about that, but were 3 league games in.

Let's see in 10 games time what people's views are. Form is temporary, class and ability, or lack of, is permanent.

For the record I have never slated him personally but have critical about his footballing ability in the past. Anyone who tries to defend his performances last season obviously didn't see him play.

No he doesnt deserve the abuse he got, but at the same time he is a long way off being a decent consistent player for us.

Can't argue with that fact and I don't give a fig about what Johnson achieved before or after his City spell. The bottom line for me is that at no time during his spell did I feel entertained when I attended AG. There were the odd exceptions, I remember a very good half against the Blades ( I think ) and of course the play-off semi against Palace but thats pretty much it in nearly 4 seasons. The football even in the play-off season was predictable,turgid and dire. City's goals difference shows that. Few goals and even fewer entertaining games.Get one up and try to hang on. It was frustrating boring to witness.

The hangover from those days was finally erased last week with those exciting games against Palace and Cardiff. What a joy it was to see such flair and attacking play. I could hardly believe that I was watching a City team and I know that very many other City fans felt exactly the same way. Long may it continue.

Final word, if you actually grew a pair for once and told the truth that your hatred of GJ had nothing to do with any of the bullshit above and everything to do with your personal spat with him, even I and even one or two other posters might find a grain of respect you, even at this late stage.

Amen.

I haven't had a look at this thread since it started, just had a quick look and it seems to have no relevance to Woolford at all?! Seems like there's a big discussion about Robbored's opinions and views on GJ and KM?!

Sorry for being ignorance, but having only been a member of the forum since the DM reign, what is all this about GJ and KM!?!

I haven't had a look at this thread since it started, just had a quick look and it seems to have no relevance to Woolford at all?! Seems like there's a big discussion about Robbored's opinions and views on GJ and KM?!

Sorry for being ignorance, but having only been a member of the forum since the DM reign, what is all this about GJ and KM!?!

Everything is explained here

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/123167-supporters-club-v-gary-johnson/

Final word, if you actually grew a pair for once and told the truth that your hatred of GJ had nothing to do with any of the bullshit above and everything to do with your personal spat with him, even I and even one or two other posters might find a grain of respect you, even at this late stage.

Amen.

EMB, Whatever I post a reply about Johnson and his tenure at City you in particular take a contrary view and become combative in your replies, regardless.

I don't and never have 'hated' Johnson. Thankfully I've never hated anyone in my entire life. I disliked his management and football style above all else despite his two seasons of success . I didn't like his 'us and them' attitude when talking about the team. It was always 'us' after a win and 'them' after a defeat. He never took the blame for anything. His one-dimensional approach to management is well suited to lower league clubs, hence the infamous 'Conference manager' thread but was always doomed to failure higher up, which of course eventually happened.

I know many fans hold Johnson and what he achieved at City in high regard and that's why I've taken so much stick over the years. Football is about opinions and thats exactly what my views on Johnson are, my opinion. You don't agree with me and that's fine by me but he's been gone two years so please move on and let it go.

EMB, Whatever I post a reply about Johnson and his tenure at City you in particular take a contrary view and become combative in your replies, regardless.

I don't and never have 'hated' Johnson. Thankfully I've never hated anyone in my entire life. I disliked his management and football style above all else despite his two seasons of success . I didn't like his 'us and them' attitude when talking about the team. It was always 'us' after a win and 'them' after a defeat. He never took the blame for anything. His one-dimensional approach to management is well suited to lower league clubs, hence the infamous 'Conference manager' thread but was always doomed to failure higher up, which of course eventually happened.

I know many fans hold Johnson and what he achieved at City in high regard and that's why I've taken so much stick over the years. Football is about opinions and thats exactly what my views on Johnson are, my opinion. You don't agree with me and that's fine by me but he's been gone two years so please move on and let it go.

B/S

The following post explains how.

I think the point for me is.....we all have our favourite players, and ones we think are crap.

But even if you think a player is complete tosh, why would any normal person cross the street to give him abuse or post abusive twitter rants? Pathetic!

There are some very obsessive so called fans who seem to get very irate about certain players and even managers. And it's just not normal.

Look at Robboreds obsessive and constant barracking of GJ, there was something quite unatural and even scary about that. Bit like stalking in an odd sort of way.

Lee Johnsons constant abuse etc. There's lots of people i dislike, but i don't feel the need to shout expletives at them or post crap or stick a horses head in there bed.

Martyn Woolford, i though was absolute rubbish last season, Yet if i had bumped into him on a night out i am sure i would have been both courteous and civil with him. Doesn't cost nowt...does it?

Just need to chill out a bit some of you's....

Back on topic, I don't think that this is in anyway strong comments from Woolford, it is a normal interview explaining that his mindset is right and he intends to keep it that way.

He is a BCFC player so a sudden boost in his form bringing him closer to the player we expected when we signed him 18 months ago is great in my book and from DMC's point of view it must be like having a new signing, consistency is now the key for him.

Archived