IGNORED

Strong Comments From Woolford

Port Said Red

:laugh: this is comical, he hasn't had a go at anyone, he has just said he won't let things and people get him down

If you or others think that is having a go at anyone, well that is quite unbelievable. He has stated he won't be letting things and people get him down. That is saying more about his state of mind than having a go at the fans.

maybe some Fans should shut the **** up and let him get on with playing, kind of works two ways doesn't it. After all, he will do a lot better on the pitch if he hasn't got tards abusing him from the stands and on twitter.

looks like people still want to have a go at him for stating the bleeding obvious!

If fans get annoyed by 1 small sentence, then just imagine how much more of a well hinged person Woolford is, that he can take 18 months of abuse, verbally and on his twitter page, and not over react. But I guess some people get so annoyed that they have to react in a way to give more abuse. i.e. shut the **** up.

+1

Jesus, we encouraged him and various other under performing players, management and coaching staff for over 2 years now and they increasingly took us closer and closer towards relegation and that was the aforementioned players, management and coaching staff's fault and not the fans.

How much more slack would you have been prepared to have given him for interests sake?.

Dont you think i suffered your pain.

I have been watching lower league football with City for 60 years.

Yes most of the last three years have been hard to take.

But i cannot see how it can possibly help any of our players, with the carping key board warriors that post

now that THINGS LOOK AS IF THEY MAY BE PICKING UP.

Dont you think i suffered your pain.

I have been watching lower league football with City for 60 years.

Yes most of the last three years have been hard to take.

But i cannot see how it can possibly help any of our players, with the carping key board warriors that post

now that THINGS LOOK AS IF THEY MAY BE PICKING UP.

OK so is the 18 month rule applicable to every single BCFC signing from now on? or just selected candidates?, I have already mentioned Hunt and Stewart.

I didn't realize all it took was 2 games to become some kind of cult figure at Ashton Gate now.

Cult hero? Your the only one calling him that.

Most of us are level headed enough to know that we have a player now playing with confidence.

Or are you so hatefull towards him that you are disappointed with this.

OK so is the 18 month rule applicable to every single BCFC signing from now on? or just selected candidates?, I have already mentioned Hunt and Stewart.

or 22 starting appearances... Not like he has been awful for 18 months, he has been in and out of the team, yes through quite a few poor performances during that time, here is hoping, with his tail up, and being consistently picked by a manager who seems to know how to get the best out of him, be it through tactics, or by putting players around him that improve his game.

This, the bloke should shut the **** up and let his football do the talking,

Before he pipes up about not letting people (Fans) get him down he should do a bit more to repay the faith managers have showed in him

This, the bloke should shut the **** up and let his football do the talking,

Before he pipes up about not letting people (Fans) get him down he should do a bit more to repay the faith managers have showed in him

All he said was he won't let people get him down. That's got to you has it keyboard warrior, like abusing people from behind your computer? If that's the case then i feel very sorry for you, what a sad existence .

or 22 starting appearances... Not like he has been awful for 18 months, he has been in and out of the team, yes through quite a few poor performances during that time, here is hoping, with his tail up, and being consistently picked by a manager who seems to know how to get the best out of him, be it through tactics, or by putting players around him that improve his game.

Not like Stewart was poor in every game and even Hunt played 1 good game out of his 4 appearances, at what point or who chooses when criticism of a player is valid?.

There a is a distinct difference to debating a players performance on this forum and "Trolling" by making attacks on his personal twitter account. All professionals in the game have to accept that fans, media and pundits will make comments on their performance, it comes with the job. But some of the stuff he has been on the receiving end of is out of order 18 months or not. And no ivory tower for me as I've been as I've been suprised as anyone, but clealry he has worked extreamly hard in the close and pre-season and is currently playing to a very high Championship standard. He therefore derserves all the praise going, and long may it continue. It's time to get right behind him becuase he obviously is giving it his all to turn it around and succeed and no one can ask more of him than that.

There a is a distint difference to debating a players performance on this forum and "Trolling" by making attacks on his personal twitter account. All professionals in the game have to accept that fans, media and pundits will make comments on their performance, it comes with the job. But some of the stuff he has been on the receiving end of is out of order 18 months or not. And no ivory tower for me as I've been as I've been suprised as anyone, but clealry he has worked extreamly hard in the close and pre-season and is currently playing to a very high Champoionship standard. He therefore derserves all the praise going, and long may it continue. It's time to get right behind him becuase he obviously is giving is his all to turn it around and succeed and no one can ask more of him than that.

+1

Bottom line is that anybody who knows anything about football would have seen that he gave 100% and had talent but just lacked confidence and it was only a matter of time before he came good.... someone mentioned tinnion he was exactly the same...the same idiots that chucked stones at his house were cheering him a year or so later..... mindless thick idiots.

Not like Stewart was poor in every game and even Hunt played 1 good game out of his 4 appearances, at what point or who chooses when criticism of a player is valid?.

ES, living in France, how much have you watched city over the last few years? Do you come back and watch, or are you getting your opinion from highlights or a confidant who goes?

Although Stewart has been decidedly average for a lot of games, he did have a few stormers. I think they guy tried too hard sometimes, coming for balls no one has a right to get, sometimes getting them, sometimes leaving the defence woefully open.

Hunt, well again he has looked pretty damn awful in most games. But all of thee players have been in and out of the team, with no run of games to get into form and get that much needed confidence.

Yes we can harp on about one season, two seasons etc, but it is the game time that matters none of those, who often get slated, have had a lot of game time. rightly the manager drops them as you cannot carry people, but, i fear some maybe victims of circumstance rather than out and out poor players

Bottom line is that anybody who knows anything about football would have seen that he gave 100% and had talent but just lacked confidence and it was only a matter of time before he came good.... someone mentioned tinnion he was exactly the same...the same idiots that chucked stones at his house were cheering him a year or so later..... mindless thick idiots.

Poor bugger was spat at in the street, and so was his wife. Sums up some of the brain dead we have as fans

Agree about the Tinnion bit as well as the twitter abuse Woolford suffered, wrong and mindless, however i'm sure Stewart and even Hunt gave 100%, but I don't see anyone defending them and their confidence levels, selective support.

I can't believe that what Wooly has said qualifies as 'strong comments', and I certainly cannot begin to believe that anybody can possibly be annoyed by them!

I mean yeah fair enough if he came out and said 'I've proved all those idiots wrong', but he hasn't.

For what it is worth, and I'm not pretending I know Woolford in the slightest, I doubt he ever had a problem with City fans on this website (thats if he is even aware of it) stating that he had had a bad game/was a poor signing/is a poor player. I doubt anybody was as frustrated at his lack of form and goals since joining us as he was.

However the abuse he receieved on Twitter, and probably when out and about in Bristol (as others have said he wouldn't exactly be the first) is obviously completely out of order and Woolford would be well within his rights to be thoroughly annoyed by them.

Like many players of his type he appears to be a confidence player and the fact he appears to be extremely confident at the moment is encouraging and I hope we keep reaping the rewards of a more positive Martyn Woolford.

Agree about the Tinnion bit as well as the twitter abuse Woolford suffered, wrong and mindless, however i'm sure Stewart and even Hunt gave 100%, but I don't see anyone defending them and their confidence levels, selective support.

I don't see how any professional footballer can be giving 100% while getting into the shape that Stewart has been throughout his City career.

As for Hunt his pathetic performances while jogging aimlessly around at right back would also suggest that he wasn't exactly pushing himself to the limit.

Woolford has at no stage been as bad as these two. Sure he hasn't exactly been brilliant, but he has been frustrating rather than hopeless. It should also be said that Woolford was in and out of the team during his first 18 months at City, while Hunt and Stewart have clearly done nothing to suggest to the manager that they deserve an opportunity in the team.

Esmond,your the only one bringing Hunt and Stewart into the thread. We could talk about the likes of Steve Jones,he got dogs abuse from a lot of City fans. But he never gave up and ended up being a real cult hero with those same fans.

I personally don't give abuse to our players, never have. if we want to abuse footballers then there's 11 every week who play AGAINST us, easy.

I don't see how any professional footballer can be giving 100% while getting into the shape that Stewart has been throughout his City career.

As for Hunt his pathetic performances while jogging aimlessly around at right back would also suggest that he wasn't exactly pushing himself to the limit.

Woolford has at no stage been as bad as these two. Sure he hasn't exactly been brilliant, but he has been frustrating rather than hopeless. It should also be said that Woolford was in and out of the team during his first 18 months at City, while Hunt and Stewart have clearly done nothing to suggest to the manager that they deserve an opportunity in the team.

Well, to be fair, Stewart has had 1 less start than Wooly, albeit, most in his first season

ES, living in France, how much have you watched city over the last few years? Do you come back and watch, or are you getting your opinion from highlights or a confidant who goes?

Although Stewart has been decidedly average for a lot of games, he did have a few stormers. I think they guy tried too hard sometimes, coming for balls no one has a right to get, sometimes getting them, sometimes leaving the defence woefully open.

Hunt, well again he has looked pretty damn awful in most games. But all of thee players have been in and out of the team, with no run of games to get into form and get that much needed confidence.

Yes we can harp on about one season, two seasons etc, but it is the game time that matters none of those, who often get slated, have had a lot of game time. rightly the manager drops them as you cannot carry people, but, i fear some maybe victims of circumstance rather than out and out poor players

I have seen more than enough to know that Woolford was pretty damned poor for 18 months, I also know and have said on earlier threads about Woolford that there was almost certainly a good player in there somewhere but was showing very little sign of coming out and how long do you persist especially given how close to relegation we came last season, I also know enough about the pro game to also know it is indeed a confidence game and you cannot carry players, especially at championship level. But my problem really is the selective memory and the holier than attitude of some on here they have castigated people who have not had the same faith that they CLAIM to have had over Woolford and of course for at least the 3rd time on this thread the yes the twitter abuse was vile, wrong and embarrassing, but nobody has answered as to why Stewart and Hunt were not afforded the same sort of treatment.

I recall under Millen after he took over from Coppell that we went our best run of the season and LJ played in all of the games during that run, but hey ho he still got abused, I think it's called balance and I wonder why all of these prophets are not football league managers.

Well, to be fair, Stewart has had 1 less start than Wooly, albeit, most in his first season

Woolford would have signed half way through that season to be fair, and his starts have been scattered throughout his time at City, whereas Stewart as you say played a fair few games when he first arrived but hasn't even got close to the squad in fair old while!

No because you can see wooly would come good whereas hunt and stewart were never going to ...that is why the manager has kept the faith with wolly because he obviously knows it was only a confidence thing and not an ability issue, , lie i said anyone who knows anything about football can see the difference..... When stead had a bad patch a while back you could see that he was still quality but just having a bad few games whereas Clarkson for example gave his all but hasnt got it

Esmond,your the only one bringing Hunt and Stewart into the thread. We could talk about the likes of Steve Jones,he got dogs abuse from a lot of City fans. But he never gave up and ended up being a real cult hero with those same fans.

I personally don't give abuse to our players, never have. if we want to abuse footballers then there's 11 every week who play AGAINST us, easy.

I am only bringing those 2 in simply because one is still with us and the other left earlier this year, of course there are many BCFC players who have suffered at the hands of BCFC fans, I remember Alex 'Sandy' Tait a forward from the early 60's was not everybody's cup of tea, Chris Crowe, Hugh Mcilmoyle, Gary Stanley, Peter Aitken, LJ the list is endless and their inclusion would be meaningless to most people. To be fair we have over the years attracted more than our fair share of players let's say whose reputations didn't always match their BCFC careers.

A BCFC player from the 1950's once said "running down the wing on the popular stand side at Ashton Gate, was like a trial by jury".

I have seen more than enough to know that Woolford was pretty damned poor for 18 months, I also know and have said on earlier threads about Woolford that there was almost certainly a good player in there somewhere but was showing very little sign of coming out and how long do you persist especially given how close to relegation we came last season, I also know enough about the pro game to also know it is indeed a confidence game and you cannot carry players, especially at championship level. But my problem really is the selective memory and the holier than attitude of some on here they have castigated people who have not had the same faith that they CLAIM to have had over Woolford and of course for at least the 3rd time on this thread the yes the twitter abuse was vile, wrong and embarrassing, but nobody has answered as to why Stewart and Hunt were not afforded the same sort of treatment.

I recall under Millen after he took over from Coppell that we went our best run of the season and LJ played in all of the games during that run, but hey ho he still got abused, I think it's called balance and I wonder why all of these prophets are not football league managers.

Seems to me, like I have already said, players who start off poorly, are rarely given the time, let alone game time to rectify poor form. Hunt wasn't because he was moved on, and never given a chance to play under McInnes. Stewart, is a weird one, who when regularly playing had those who liked him, and those that didn't. Then he just disappeared in his 2nd season, another not given a real chance by Del.

So unlike Woolford, they haven't been given the chance to become good for city. Be it their own fault or Del just hasn't taken to them. it then appears people jump on theDel bandwagon, and the "In Del we trust" mode, and slate the players not being picked. Their prerogative, just because Del doesn't pick them, doesn't mean they could not have become a good player for us... we will never know.

I never understood the LJ hatred, most of out better runs came with him in the side, he served his purpose, but got a lot of stick for it.

The Ashton Gate faithful have to have a figure of hatred, and all the better if he is in the first 11, so they can vent theri spleen rather than vent it at the opposition.

first LJ, he went, straight on to JM, he stops playing Woolford, then there are the like of Skuse, Elliott and Carey who a few like to dislike on the forum, but are probably quieter at AG, because the majority like both these players. I expect is is the same at every club, I just don't understand the mentality of finding a player, to hate in your own ranks. it only needs a few loud angry haters and the sheep will follow

Woolford has had more than "two good games" for us, but his poor form for his first year had most of us tearing our (remaining) hair out and I can see why some wrote him off.

I always thought "well if he can do it with Scunny, he can do it with us" and marked him down as someone whose confidence had entirely evaporated.

The first half of this season was the last-chance saloon for Martyn to prove he can play Championship football and I'm delighted that he has - quite literally - taken the ball and ran with it.

Woolford has had more than "two good games" for us, but his poor form for his first year had most of us tearing our (remaining) hair out and I can see why some wrote him off.

I always thought "well if he can do it with Scunny, he can do it with us" and marked him down as someone whose confidence had entirely evaporated.

The first half of this season was the last-chance saloon for Martyn to prove he can play Championship football and I'm delighted that he has - quite literally - taken the ball and ran with it.

Weird thing is, Woolford's first few games he looked not bad, he was putting in good balls, having efforts at goal, but as our form dipped, it looked like his confidence went with it. A lot of people forget that, ay say he has been poor from day 1. I think he got MOM on is first appearance with us (could have been his 2nd)

I don't understand people being annoyed with this fairly innocuous side swipe at people who criticised him. I'm sure it's not aimed at the people who actually criticised his performances but more at the hysterical and idiotic abuse he received. It got personal and now he has found some form and confidence what he said was the least he deserves to. Diplomatic of him if you ask me not for a second the "strong" comments put in the title.

No because you can see wooly would come good whereas hunt and stewart were never going to ...that is why the manager has kept the faith with wolly because he obviously knows it was only a confidence thing and not an ability issue, , lie i said anyone who knows anything about football can see the difference..... When stead had a bad patch a while back you could see that he was still quality but just having a bad few games whereas Clarkson for example gave his all but hasnt got it

Stead didn't have a bad patch, he was injured and rushed back because of circumstances and before he fully physically fit or match fit, "anyone who knows anything about football can see the difference", your first sentence in fact the whole first line ignores everybody's previous careers apart from Woolford.

Archived