IGNORED

Hooligans, We Thank You

Tall King Blox

until some one is killed and that will happen sorry to generalise but the "younger" generation tend to come "tooled" up now carrying knifes etc, some one will be killed if your all for that then your just as guilty as the person carrying out the act,

This is completely untrue, Monkeh.

I did say sorry for generlising but its never 42 yo stabbed soome one to death on the news its always 15-20 yo's doing it,

Yes of course in everyday life. But at football, this isn't the case. The youths that bowl round stabbing each other certainly don't attend BCFC games, or hang around in CSF/hooligan circles.

Yeah okay then. What point am I trying to make? I agree with your posts earlier on in the thread....

I just found it hard to believe that people are racist in stadiums nowadays.

For the modern hooligan, it's not about being racist or stabbing people or causing mass mayhem in and around stadiums like the old days.

Nowadays it's all well organised. They have specific rules like 'leave scarfers alone' and 'don't touch anybody on the floor'. They always meet up miles away from the ground - you never see them do it. They just enjoy fighting. Like people who take out their frustrations in the gym, they took it one step further and found like minded people to do it with. They all know what they're in for and what the risks are etc.

I agree it's all a bit bizarre, but so is fox hunting but nobody says jack about that because the socially dominant do it. If hooligans were wealthy and owned country estates, i bet nobody would have a problem with it.

For the modern hooligan, it's not about being racist or stabbing people or causing mass mayhem in and around stadiums like the old days.

Nowadays it's all well organised. They have specific rules like 'leave scarfers alone' and 'don't touch anybody on the floor'. They always meet up miles away from the ground - you never see them do it. They just enjoy fighting. Like people who take out their frustrations in the gym, they took it one step further and found like minded people to do it with. They all know what they're in for and what the risks are etc.

I agree it's all a bit bizarre, but so is fox hunting but nobody says jack about that because the socially dominant do it. If hooligans were wealthy and owned country estates, i bet nobody would have a problem with it.

Snarf, I'm guessing you're either a) a 'modern hooligan' or b) have watched 'Green St' and 'The Football Factory' too many times

On you inexplicably bringing fox hunting into the debate, lots of upper class twits in red jackets were inconvenienced by the ban, lots of working class people in rural areas lost their livelihoods because of the ban and lots of foxes were chased and killed by different means than before the ban

Snarf, I'm guessing you're either a) a 'modern hooligan' or b) have watched 'Green St' and 'The Football Factory' too many times

On you inexplicably bringing fox hunting into the debate, lots of upper class twits in red jackets were inconvenienced by the ban, lots of working class people in rural areas lost their livelihoods because of the ban and lots of foxes were chased and killed by different means than before the ban

Fox Hunting = Upper Class Hooligans. Block roads, damage people's property, kill their pets - setting aside ripping a wild animal to shreads. Good comparison, although their quarry is less likely to be 'up for it' and is outnumbered hundreds to one.

I think you'll find that Point to Points and drag hunting have more than filled the gap in the rural economy.

Snarf, I completely agree with you, and I'm fully aware of what 'modern hooliganism' entails.

Yeh it was Wolves. They (a mix of mods, greebos and god-knows-whats) congregated in large numbers behind the goal and then introduced themselves with a load roar followed by "Wanderersssssss,Wandererssssssss,Wandererssssss!!!! Quite impressive. Football suddenly became a lot more interesting

It all kicked off big time. A number of Wolves were slammed by some City mental-heads and then tossed over the barriers by the plod for their own safety. They were given a good old fashioned kicking by the coppers (a time when Police brutality was the norm). I was among the City young uns clustered by the front barriers to watch a big Wanderers greebo (wearing a Hell's Angel jacket) get battered by five big nasty coppers, all foaming at the mouth and loving every minute of it. The big gorilla cried like a baby as he was mocked by us whilst being dragged unceremoniously out of the ground.

I also remember a group of Argyle fans in the late 60s coming onto the pitch banging their drums and led by a nutter with, what looked like, an artificial leg. Either that or he was as pissed as a fart. They goaded the City fans and then ran to stand by the police for protection. They didn't get it. The coppers panned them!

Sunderland brought the first massive group of skinheads to the Gate for the opening match of 1969(?) and I remember a particular gang of skinheads from Bedminster and Knowle West (led by the infamous Annie Walsh!) giving them a good battering as they queued to get in the East End. A few cars got dented as City skins clambered over them to get at the Mackems. To be fair to them, once they got into the East End, the Sunderland did ok for a while but were eventually overwhelmed. I don't think they expected the "Wurzels" to be as savage as they were that day.

It was a different world in them days.

Annie Walsh..thats a blast from the past . The blonde Bodicea of the East End..what a gal.

Fox Hunting = Upper Class Hooligans. Block roads, damage people's property, kill their pets - setting aside ripping a wild animal to shreads. Good comparison, although their quarry is less likely to be 'up for it' and is outnumbered hundreds to one.

I think you'll find that Point to Points and drag hunting have more than filled the gap in the rural economy.

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with fox hunting but fox numbers need to be controlled and i don't imagine many are killed with clean shots when hunted legally. The other reason I dislike the fox hunting ban is that it spent several full days being debate in parliament right around the time we invaded Iraq. Way to distract the liberal left who might have objected to your war Tony!

Plenty of people lost their livelihoods in the wake of the ban- I grew up in a rural area and went to school with a number of them

Not being from the 'hooligan era' i just cannot agree. For me the excitement of going to a football match is to support my team. If we win then the adrenaline i gain from that is enough for me, seeing 40 odd blokes with skin heads running towards me looking for a fight (for what reason?) does not excite me in anyway.

Maybe i dont understand because since ive been going to football, apart from a few handbags here and there, i have never seen anything like what you describe, and i cannot see that as part and parcel of football; if anything it is alien to me. for the 'old school' thats maybe where the rush you got from football came from, but i think nowadays especially for me the rush i get from football comes from a completely different aspect.

I agree with you mate... I think you can still have the chants and rivalries without the violence. You can still be a passionate fan without having to smash someones head in just cos they support the other team. It can ruin it for people who go to support their team or just watch a game of football and don't want to be involved in fights.

Also we should raise our game in the stands for this Leeds game cos their fans have a reputation for making a lot of noise and if we could drown them out it would make a huge difference! Me personally I cant wait to watch the game and see City continue their good start to the season!!

sorry to pee on your bonfire but i think you'll find the zulus only came on the scene circa 83 west ham man utd spurs even villa had multicultural mobs way before that

and i still maintain the city are white chants a load of pony btw

Chelsea tried to attack the EE from the Dolman in about 79/80.

They had black lads with them at the time.

The most bizarre part of it was these black lads joining in with other Chelsea and doing Nazi salutes.

As for no racist chants etc from City fans over the last 30 years, anyone who thinks this didn't happen is in cloud cuckoo land.

It was rife,especially away games.

OMG, this thread has become a beacon for opinions on how to be hard....not the plan, this was a thread on how a small minority

of certain like minded peeps made a difference to the atmosphere at the gate, which i still think (on it's day) still happens,

please forget the fighting aspect coz that's ****, just remember the buzz, and how you felt when you first experienced it,

That was what i tried to explain, think it was a Fail, cheers for the input,.......warm in this coat x

To dismiss all hooligans - which you appear to be doing - as having no interest in football is so hilariously wrong... ...but you're referring to a small minority of psychos.

Read my post again... I didn't dismiss ALL hooligans as having no interest in football, I said football was infiltrated by thugs who drew a following of more gullible idiots (who probably were genuine fans at the outset) and it became tribal...

It's amazing how a very small number of 'psychos' (to use your words) can influence a large number of gullible idiots (take Hitler and his cronies for example, who managed to lead his country into a World War!)

OMG, this thread has become a beacon for opinions on how to be hard....not the plan, this was a thread on how a small minority

of certain like minded peeps made a difference to the atmosphere at the gate, which i still think (on it's day) still happens,

please forget the fighting aspect coz that's ****, just remember the buzz, and how you felt when you first experienced it,

That was what i tried to explain, think it was a Fail, cheers for the input,.......warm in this coat x

To be fair KM, you did say hooligans made football what it is today and you yourself used to get stuck in, so no surprise of the responce. I understand better what you meant from this post. At least we now know what forum members condone violence at football and which ones don't, but like you say, it was only every supposed to be a trip down memory lane. Been an interesting thread, certainly not a fail.

Chelsea tried to attack the EE from the Dolman in about 79/80.

They had black lads with them at the time.

The most bizarre part of it was these black lads joining in with other Chelsea and doing Nazi salutes.

As for no racist chants etc from City fans over the last 30 years, anyone who thinks this didn't happen is in cloud cuckoo land.

It was rife,especially away games.

didnt play cfc 79/80 fact

they had one face who was black and had something missing if you get me drift

didnt play cfc 79/80 fact

they had one face who was black and had something missing if you get me drift

Black Bear, Kings Road, AKA "Babs", Took a dart to the head from at least ten yards, The best bit is it must of hurt, but as he calmly took it out of his head he layed this on us, and i quote...."You ***** fink your flash....but we are ******* flasher " Then all hell broke loose, i was there under a table............ard as nails me

Sorry, the guy i think was a tholidimied sufferer ( crap at smellin at this hour ) AKA Babs, Pwoppper Nawty

Black Bear, Kings Road, AKA "Babs", Took a dart to the head from at least ten yards, The best bit is it must of hurt, but as he calmly took it out of his head he layed this on us, and i quote...."You ***** fink your flash....but we are ******* flasher " Then all hell broke loose, i was there under a table............ard as nails me

fairplay km must know you then but wernt black bear but close!

Archived