IGNORED

Official Website New Look

oldfield

It looks like City will launch it's new look website on Thursday.

I hope it works better than some of the other clubs new websites.

It wont be better, all Clubs had to choose from 3 designs I think.

It's a shame. The website at the minute are very good. Shame it has to change

And why does it HAVE to change? Why change something from great to shite? what kind of backwards thinking is that?!

Because the 10 year deal with PTV ran out in summer, another company won the rights to next 10 years. They have to change to there new system

Why can't clubs have their own website ? Why does everything have to be so corporate/formulaic ?

Because the football league sold the rights as a 72 club package

Because the football league sold the rights as a 72 club package

There must be some exceptions in that case. Have a gander at Accy Stanley, defo not a ptv model.

Saying that didn't it used to be the case that the amount of traffic through the site determined the amount of revenue we received from Ptv or have I dreamed that up.

There must be some exceptions in that case. Have a gander at Accy Stanley, defo not a ptv model.

Saying that didn't it used to be the case that the amount of traffic through the site determined the amount of revenue we received from Ptv or have I dreamed that up.

It would appear that clubs recently promoted to the FL or relegated from the PL don't fall under the agreement.

It would appear that clubs recently promoted to the FL or relegated from the PL don't fall under the agreement.

This does look like it, Birmingham had the same website for years when a couple of updates were done on ours and the rest of the football league, they've only just updated from what we used to have in '03

The top of the page where the news is, is about the the only bit I use so for me it doesn't appear to have changed much, unless I am missing something?

Don't think its happened yet, I agree though - as much as it may be difficult to navigate, the content is always good from the club and that's what matters

It's better than the first showings of the new templates a few weeks back - but better than a pile of cack isn't saying much. For those who only go on there for the news headlines, it won't make much difference - but for those that like to check out some of the lesser-visited parts of the site it will take a while to get used to

Archived