IGNORED

Official Website New Look

oldfield

Mine same on laptop and ipad

Reckon it's down to whatever browser you happen to be using, on ipad with ISwifter I get new version ( I hate it, looks like something a ten year old knocked up ), but on Safari I get the old version, even after clearing cache etc.

cant view the complete fixture list?! someone help before i chuck my laptop through the wall....

Same here. Tried three times and have given up. Think I will go away and hope Tomarse can point us all in the correct direction as usual.

I have been abroad for a few days and come back to find this new website, it is truly awful. Those who suggest it has been designed by a 5 year old clearly insult 5 year olds.

The old site was not great but it was reasonably organised and you could find stuff. Just try to click on the fixure list, it does not exist, it only shows the next game!! True rubbish.

The City people mush have been asleep when signing this rubbish off, they are as much to blame. They will hope to pay for this by earning advertising, but this will backfire because there is no point using the site.

I would like club management to be honest (for onece) and face upi to fans and apologise and arrange a fix.

And why does it HAVE to change? Why change something from great to shite? what kind of backwards thinking is that?!

Its the way of the world my friend. Change for the sake of it to apparently keep moving 'forward', keep the contractor 'ahead' of his rival ALL without considering the primary goal; to keep the majority of fans happy.

I thought Adam B said we are not going to change it because the club feel the fans like it as it is? If not then so much for fan power, NOT.

Looks similar to the old for me except for those cheap and nasty little auto load videos and the fact that this happens when you click a story:-

Sorry, the page you are trying to reach may have expired, or been moved.

If you have followed a link from your bookmarks, please relocate the page and remember to update your booksmarks.

CITY: YOU HAVE DROPPED THE BALL AND CLANGER SUCCUMBING TO THIS CARP.

I don't usually moan at progress/change but backward step I'm afraid.

Couple of examples as to why

1. News page - now we have to look all over the page around the pictures to read 5 headlines - its a news page not a comic book - we all know what Marv looks like so why does it need a massive picture of him above the headline?

2. Buying some tickets for Burnley game. - All you get on the page above the fold as it were, is a huge picture of the Burnley badge and have to scroll down for the info you need.

I could go on, but there's not much point as I very much doubt anyone will either respond to points raised on this forum or change anything.

Oh, and please try and get rid of tacky video advertising - Disney on ice is particularly bad!

I have been abroad for a few days and come back to find this new website, it is truly awful. Those who suggest it has been designed by a 5 year old clearly insult 5 year olds.

The old site was not great but it was reasonably organised and you could find stuff. Just try to click on the fixure list, it does not exist, it only shows the next game!! True rubbish.

The City people mush have been asleep when signing this rubbish off, they are as much to blame. They will hope to pay for this by earning advertising, but this will backfire because there is no point using the site.

I would like club management to be honest (for onece) and face upi to fans and apologise and arrange a fix.

Your missing the point. They cannot change it

Its the way of the world my friend. Change for the sake of it to apparently keep moving 'forward', keep the contractor 'ahead' of his rival ALL without considering the primary goal; to keep the majority of fans happy.

I thought Adam B said we are not going to change it because the club feel the fans like it as it is? If not then so much for fan power, NOT.

You miss the point, they had to go live. The old deal expired back in August.. they've held out as long as possible.

That's perhaps the simple answer.

The new sites (in technical standards) are an absolute abomination.

They are not fit for purpose.

Some club should stand up and do the right thing and take actions to terminate the contract for it is not serving its purpose.

Money talks though and the club needs money. It is woeful though

The posts on this thread are a bit over the top in my eyes. It's a website? Who cares what it looks like aslong it provides the info needed for the fans that's all that matters.

I agree, it isn't the club's fault they have to succumb.

I think, although content is "all over the place" it has just been moved

As the site settles down, as we, the users get used to it, we will see the benifits

It has modernised, the old website looked very 2005 IMO

Things change and have to move on, bear in mind the site administrators have to get used to it too

I'm backing the club doing the best they can on this, trying to make it work for the fans

The company hosting it, although more up to date, the page does look scrambled and I don't like roll over menus

It takes less time to load than a flash website (I think thats the term), most interactive pages take a good half a minute for me on all browsers/computers, these websites don't.

It's also probably very difficult to hack into which will in turn save the club money should this happen.

I don't 100% like the upgrade but we're just going to have to get used to it

Unless I'm mistaken the DNS is pointing back to the old site again. It's changed back from an hour or so ago for me... either that or propagation is taking an age.

You'd think the world had ended, the club had merged with the gas, and the players slept with their mums based on some people's reaction to something as trivial as a website.

Get a 'kin grip.

It's not great but it is what it is, and its better than others using the same enforced template.

Put it in perspective and deal with it.

You'd think the world had ended, the club had merged with the gas, and the players slept with their mums based on some people's reaction to something as trivial as a website.

Get a 'kin grip.

It's not great but it is what it is, and its better than others using the same enforced template.

Put it in perspective and deal with it.

Tom, I agree with you, but there do seem to be some teething difficulties since the change, I can't view the league table properly for example. It does feel like some of the items haven't been properly tested. They wouldn't be the first designers to miss the obvious whilst adding new bells and whistles like "bcfc tweets",

Archived