IGNORED

Craig Dawson Signing?

redhead

I said first team squad, not first team. its there in black and white above, he has been sub for most if not all matches this season and has 2 Carling Cup appearances.

Hodgson said he wouldnt go anywhere at the end of last season, so unless the new management have had a massive rethink, why would he be going on loan, especially taking up a precious squad place

James Wilson also made the bench 4 times this season before DM said he could go out on loan.

I said first team squad, not first team. its there in black and white above, he has been sub for most if not all matches this season and has 2 Carling Cup appearances.

Hodgson said he wouldnt go anywhere at the end of last season, so unless the new management have had a massive rethink, why would he be going on loan, especially taking up a precious squad place

I don't think it's particularly hard to answer that question - most managers would accept young players need first-team game time to develop rather than simply sitting on the bench and one-three months isn't that long to lose a player, especially if there's a recall clause.

I don't necessarily believe he's coming to us as I've no idea what the sources are and whether there's any credence to them but I certainly find it plausible West Brom would want to loan him out. And, as you say, there's a change of management team so Hodgson saying six months ago that he wasn't going to be loaned out doesn't really hold much weight...

He's an absolute monster at corners, he scored 10 in his last season for Rochdale.

If he comes on loan here, we'll soon get that average plummeting :D

Thats the problem. I for one would be chuffed to bits, just what we need and personally i would have J Wilson along side him. Then get Cunningham back, stick Foster in at right back and we WILL start going in the right direction

still need 1 decent midfielder along side skuse imo

Ha ha. You win and lose games on the strength of your midfield.

Cole Skuse is a major part of our problem.

Cant protect the back 4 when tasked too (a poster called 'Harry' highlighted this recently on here but its always been clear to me) and also doesnt contribute anything in the final third (no assists or goals as ever).

I want more from my central midfielder than a few neat turns a cross field pass and chasing lost causes that will be never be got every game.

Skuuuuuuuuuuuuse - your having laugh!

Ha ha. You win and lose games on the strength of your midfield.

Cole Skuse is a major part of our problem.

Cant protect the back 4 when tasked too (a poster called 'Harry' highlighted this recently on here but its always been clear to me) and also doesnt contribute anything in the final third (no assists or goals as ever).

I want more from my central midfielder than a few neat turns a cross field pass and chasing lost causes that will be never be got every game.

Skuuuuuuuuuuuuse - your having laugh!

Haha, Skuse is the best of an extemely bad bunch, look at pearson, elliot, kilkenny.. all of those struggle to pass to their team mate who is 4 feet away, if you think skuse is a major part of the problem, hate to think what you think of our other midfielders

A rethink ?? Roy Hodgson said he wouldn't loan him out , not Steve Clarke. Clarke may have always wanted to send him here for all you know , after all , this rumour has been doing the rounds since preseason.

If Clarke rates him but feels he needs a season of experience at a lower level, then we're ideal. Under the radar as I suspect Clarke doesn't think we'll be challenging for promotion. He came on in the Olympic QF and played next to Caulker then took a penalty in the shoot out. Good in the air, composed enough on the ground, he isn't as good as Caulker, but is 2 years more experienced than Caulker was when he joined us. Ideal signing really.

not sure about the feet preferences but Dawson and Upson would be quite a reasonable pairing in the centre back births; the latter is not getting game time at Stoke.

You've been banging on about Upson for weeks now , are you his agent or what ?!!?!

Exactly - he's played 8 games in two years for WBA and his only other league experience in that time was 40 odd games in League two on loan at Rochdale (10 goals I think). I don't think he's got any game time this season other than for England u-21s and a couple of Carling cup games. Not exactly the most experienced centre back at this level but probablyl a big improvement on what we have.

He's not going to be a regular starter for WBA and may as well get some game time somewhere, if not here.

Sounds like a good fit for all concerned to me and certainly not out of the question.

10 goals in 40 games for a centre back. We have currently gone a whole season plus 10 games without a defender of any description scoring a single goal. Sign him up.

There isn't a chance in a million that Stoke will loan us any player whilst Pulis is in charge of them, so I wish certain posters forget all this Upson nonsense.

As Harry says the rumour has been around for a couple of weeks now that Craig Dawson is Del's no.1 target, so hopefully the defenders on the Baggies casualty list will recover this week and he'll get through the U21 match tomorrow unscathed....

hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Glyn you are Mr. Observant that is for sure!!!

What i do know is that he is on the sidelines at Stoke and could be available for loan. ;)

I think his situation is the same as Dawson's. Sat on the bench every week but not getting on the pitch.

The difference is Dawson needs to play to develop whereas Upson is coming to the end of his career (certainly at the top level).

I can't imagine we would loan 2 CB's and Dawson makes more sense for now. Upson in the summer on a free for his last couple of years may not be a bad shout though.

I think his situation is the same as Dawson's. Sat on the bench every week but not getting on the pitch.

The difference is Dawson needs to play to develop whereas Upson is coming to the end of his career (certainly at the top level).

I can't imagine we would loan 2 CB's and Dawson makes more sense for now. Upson in the summer on a free for his last couple of years may not be a bad shout though.

I agree Dawson would probably be a considerably better bet but tis always sound as a pound to hedge and someone, virtually anyone, at this point is better than no one. Arghh well, patience is a virtue.

Haha, Skuse is the best of an extemely bad bunch, look at pearson, elliot, kilkenny.. all of those struggle to pass to their team mate who is 4 feet away, if you think skuse is a major part of the problem, hate to think what you think of our other midfielders

Really? We have a midfielder who does not create, does not score regularly, does not protect the back 4, can't take set pieces but because he Bristolian he gets away with it!!

What do you see in Skuse?

Really? We have a midfielder who does not create, does not score regularly, does not protect the back 4, can't take set pieces but because he Bristolian he gets away with it!!

What do you see in Skuse?

His tackles have protected the defence time and time again. When he's not in the team, we get over run in the centre.

The fact that he's Bristolian is irrelevant. He is the only defensive midfielder we have at the club.

Archived