IGNORED

Craig Dawson Signing?

redhead

His tackles have protected the defence time and time again. When he's not in the team, we get over run in the centre.

The fact that he's Bristolian is irrelevant. He is the only defensive midfielder we have at the club.

Another reason why we let in too many goals!

Really? We have a midfielder who does not create, does not score regularly, does not protect the back 4, can't take set pieces but because he Bristolian he gets away with it!!

What do you see in Skuse?

Breaks up play well, can protect the back 4 but needs help from our other so called midfielders.

I ask you, who do you think is our best midfielder then??

Breaks up play well, can protect the back 4 but needs help from our other so called midfielders.

Our best midfielder is Adomah personally I think our best central midfielder is Elliot but none are that great at the moment I tend to agree Skuse doesn't offer much but his workrate is second to none,

He isn't the best passer/header/tackler but he isn't the worse ether he is jack of all trades but master of none,

Still he will be one of the first on the team sheet for me as I like a workhorse but I perfer Skuse at Right Back

Stop talking nonsense fella. Sick of you Skuse lovers!

I take it you weren’t at Forest or Leicester then? Any game this season?

Example: Blackburn at home where the so called defensive midfielder (who apparently protects the back 4 & breaks up play???) let Rochina run from his own half only for their 3rd goal? Crucial point of the game that was and the reason why we lost. No nous and wouldn’t take a card for the team.

Loads more examples of the boy wonder NOT doing the job he’s tasked to do weather that be protecting the back 4 or getting box to box. As said before look up Harry’s recent post about our inept midfield and in particular the boy wonder Skuse.

He doesn’t offer anything in both boxes. Is physically and mentally weak and never wants responsibility on the ball. 6ft 1 and awful in the air. No assists or goals and he even laughs at this in his latest iPlayer interview. Disgraceful.

Everything he does is half hearted. The way he chases lost causes that will NEVER be got just to get his ‘Skuuuuuuuuse ‘ chant from the likes of you & others who have no idea is pathetic. Yes he is decent technically and chucks in the odd cross field pass but he has no impact and/or effect on a game at all.

26 yrs of age and an impressive 250 league games under his belt yet plays like a unproven teenager with his ‘Safe’ 5 yard passes before galloping away down the wing not wanting it back nor creating any space with his run/s for others.

Awful midfielder and the reason why we are slowly sliding down the table.

Amazing what being a good athlete, a good pro (lick arse) and versatile (jack of all trades master of…) can do for one’s football career. I’m sure being Bristolian goes a long way too as our fans have always been a sucker for a local lad especially when ones a ‘trier’.

Example: Blackburn at home where the so called defensive midfielder (who apparently protects the back 4 & breaks up play???) let Rochina run from his own half only for their 3rd goal? Crucial point of the game that was and the reason why we lost. No nous and wouldn’t take a card for the team.

That quote I've highlighted is spot on , but could just as easily be levelled at anyone in our squad. We are too nice , even when we had Cisse in there. What I wouldn't give for a Dave Martin , Steve Galliers or dare I say , Gerry Gow.

Loads more examples of the boy wonder NOT doing the job he’s tasked to do weather that be protecting the back 4 or getting box to box. As said before look up Harry’s recent post about our inept midfield and in particular the boy wonder Skuse.

He doesn’t offer anything in both boxes. Is physically and mentally weak and never wants responsibility on the ball. 6ft 1 and awful in the air. No assists or goals and he even laughs at this in his latest iPlayer interview. Disgraceful.

Everything he does is half hearted. The way he chases lost causes that will NEVER be got just to get his ‘Skuuuuuuuuse ‘ chant from the likes of you & others who have no idea is pathetic. Yes he is decent technically and chucks in the odd cross field pass but he has no impact and/or effect on a game at all.

26 yrs of age and an impressive 250 league games under his belt yet plays like a unproven teenager with his ‘Safe’ 5 yard passes before galloping away down the wing not wanting it back nor creating any space with his run/s for others.

Amazing what being a good athlete, a good pro (lick arse) and versatile (jack of all trades master of…) can do for one’s football career. I’m sure being Bristolian goes a long way too as our fans have always been a sucker for a local lad especially when ones a ‘trier’.

In a crowded field, this has to be a contender for the biggest load of old cobblers I've ever seen posted here.

You carry on seeing the game the way you do, the vast majority of us (and the manager) will see the game the way it actually is.

It never ceases to amaze me how some 'fans' on here seem to carry an attitude that Bristolians can't play the game.

PS: How do you reconcile someone being 'physically weak' with them being a 'good athlete'?

In a crowded field, this has to be a contender for the biggest load of old cobblers I've ever seen posted here.

You carry on seeing the game the way you do, the vast majority of us (and the manager) will see the game the way it actually is.

It never ceases to amaze me how some 'fans' on here seem to carry an attitude that Bristolians can't play the game.

PS: How do you reconcile someone being 'physically weak' with them being a 'good athlete'?

Skuse is average build he's not strong but he isn't weak ether, as I said Jack of all master of none

Been to ever game apart from Peteborough this season, you must be watching these games half pissed if you think Skuse is at fault for everything, to blame it for blackburns 3rd goal is stupidly hilarious, yeah it's skuses fault rochina is allowed 2 touches in the 6 yard box whilst our inept defenders can't clear their own lines. To say he's physically weak but a good athlete just shows you have no idea what you're spoutng, try proof reading your comments fella.

loving all the "expert" views on here

I never use to rate him but the last 2 seasons he hasn't shyed away from things which turn my head,

I wouldn't lay the blame for any of the goals we concided,

the reason we concided a 3rd 4th and 5th against blackburn wasn't the players fault it was McInnes for going for the win instead of shutting up shop and take a point, its not a failing but sometimes you just have to sit back and take a draw but thats hindsight,

the majority of goals we've concided have been defensive lapses from all out centre backs none of them have been covered in glory,

To blame skuse is just stupid, anyway once elliot is back we should tighten up a bit as we will have a bit more protection but with that comes not scoring as many as we will be less creative,

We don;t have the players for it,

So you can ether have a free scoring city who will concide alot of goals or a tight city who will try and nick a 1-0,

We are weak in the middle both at the back and centre mid we know that other teams know that and the manager knows it,

We will strengthern I've no doubt about that

Been to ever game apart from Peteborough this season, you must be watching these games half pissed if you think Skuse is at fault for everything, to blame it for blackburns 3rd goal is stupidly hilarious, yeah it's skuses fault rochina is allowed 2 touches in the 6 yard box whilst our inept defenders can't clear their own lines. To say he's physically weak but a good athlete just shows you have no idea what you're spoutng, try proof reading your comments fella.

My god your hard work.

A good athelte in the sense Skuse got a good engine and thus will get up and down the pitch.

Physically weak in the sense he got no strength. Simon Gillet whose have Skuse's size out muscled him up at Forest.

A long streak of piss is the best way i can describe Skuse.

My god your hard work.

A good athelte in the sense Skuse got a good engine and thus will get up and down the pitch.

Physically weak in the sense he got no strength. Simon Gillet whose have Skuse's size out muscled him up at Forest.

A long streak of piss is the best way i can describe Skuse.

thats the best way to describe your post,

Skuse has been automatic choice for the last 3 managers so clearly you are incorrect in you assisment of him,

its more of a personal dislike for him rather then his footballing ability,

I've been one of his harshest critics in the past often labeling him golden child but as I said the last two seasons has seen me change my mind because of hit work rate his tackling and his giving it all for the cause

Once someone presumably in all seriousness starts talking about preferring Galliers, a mediocre lower league player who was in our side when we slid down the division below in 1987/8 you can stop reading, really.

Assuming you are referring to my post , if so , you've missed the point.

Once someone presumably in all seriousness starts talking about preferring Galliers, a mediocre lower league player who was in our side when we slid down the division below in 1987/8 you can stop reading, really.

Galliers had his merits, one of them was being a right little pest to the opposition such as getting really stuck in when it mattered; we do not have any of them in the defensive positions at present.

thats the best way to describe your post,

Skuse has been automatic choice for the last 3 managers so clearly you are incorrect in you assisment of him,

its more of a personal dislike for him rather then his footballing ability,

I've been one of his harshest critics in the past often labeling him golden child but as I said the last two seasons has seen me change my mind because of hit work rate his tackling and his giving it all for the cause

Ha ha that's rich coming from you Monkeh who spouts verbal diarrhea on here day in day out....

Galliers had his merits, one of them was being a right little pest to the opposition such as getting really stuck in when it mattered; we do not have any of them in the defensive positions at present.

Agreed.

What Steve Galliers lacked in ability he made up with work rate being a complete pest. Can Skuse say the same?!?

Dave Martin was an awful footballer but a hard bastard.

It's clear we need more aggession in our team but preferably someone with a bit of ability too.

Agreed.

What Steve Galliers lacked in ability he made up with work rate being a complete pest. Can Skuse say the same?!?

Dave Martin was an awful footballer but a hard bastard.

It's clear we need more aggession in our team but preferably someone with a bit of ability too.

Exactly. I don't necessarily agree with your criticism of Skuse , but you were spot on about not taking a card for the team. As I said , this can be aimed at our entire squad , we don't have anyone with that ruthless streak.

How many times over the last few years have we seen the likes of Albert get kicked from pillar to post or players taken out by a 'late' challenge or body check in the middle of the park. We just dont have anyone in our side at the moment who will do the ugly things.

How many times over the last few years have we seen the likes of Albert get kicked from pillar to post or players taken out by a 'late' challenge or body check in the middle of the park. We just dont have anyone in our side at the moment who will do the ugly things.

Sadly, when we signed someone who looked like he'd do that, he got broken in less than 40 minutes. :wacko: The curse of the debutant loanee...

Exactly. I don't necessarily agree with your criticism of Skuse , but you were spot on about not taking a card for the team. As I said , this can be aimed at our entire squad , we don't have anyone with that ruthless streak.

agree about Skuse IMO one of our better players . I thought Morris was going to b the player who gets stuck in. That tackle against the gas hard but fair shows what he's about but he's hardly had a look in which I'm quite surprised about . In pre season he looked very good on the ball and put himself about just my opinion

As said before look up Harry’s recent post about our inept midfield and in particular the boy wonder Skuse.

I assume this is the thread you are referring to.

http://www.otib.co.u...n-our-midfield/

I have provided examples of incidents in which I believe Skuse did not do his job.

I have heard a lot of piffle on here about Skuse doing this and Skuse doing that, but I see no evidence of this.

Until someone can show me actual evidence of Skuse actually making an impact on a game, then my post will continue to be my truthful opinion.

On topic - Dawson will be an excellent signing, and will go some way to solving our defensive problems. Dropping Skuse will also go a long way to solving this too.

If we ultimately fail in our attempts to sign Dawson, perhaps we should take a look at some other up and coming CB's. Here's a quick list I've put together - not done too much research yet into availability, but it's a starter for 10 :

Shane Duffy - Everton

Conor Coady - Liverpool

Shaun Hutchinson - Motherwell

Andre Wisdom - Liverpool

Tom Thorpe - Man Utd

Sam Magri - QPR

Rohan Ince - Chelsea

Jide Maduako - Leicester

Daniel Pappoe - Chelsea

Louis Lang - Sunderland

Tamas Kadar - ex Newcastle

Elton Monteiro - Arsenal

John Dunleavy - Cork City

This from a West Brom fan on one of their forums..............................

He's easily good enough for the Championship and could play regularly in a number of Premier League defences. When he played last year he was great, put our current partnership of Olsson and McAuley is our best in years. In short, he would be a very good signing.

Unlike Chris Wood I think Dawson would be a regular; he's tipped to be better than Wood anyway

I assume this is the thread you are referring to.

http://www.otib.co.u...n-our-midfield/

I have provided examples of incidents in which I believe Skuse did not do his job.

I have heard a lot of piffle on here about Skuse doing this and Skuse doing that, but I see no evidence of this.

Until someone can show me actual evidence of Skuse actually making an impact on a game, then my post will continue to be my truthful opinion.

On topic - Dawson will be an excellent signing, and will go some way to solving our defensive problems. Dropping Skuse will also go a long way to solving this too.

If we ultimately fail in our attempts to sign Dawson, perhaps we should take a look at some other up and coming CB's. Here's a quick list I've put together - not done too much research yet into availability, but it's a starter for 10 :

Shane Duffy - Everton

Conor Coady - Liverpool

Shaun Hutchinson - Motherwell

Andre Wisdom - Liverpool

Tom Thorpe - Man Utd

Sam Magri - QPR

Rohan Ince - Chelsea

Jide Maduako - Leicester

Daniel Pappoe - Chelsea

Louis Lang - Sunderland

Tamas Kadar - ex Newcastle

Elton Monteiro - Arsenal

John Dunleavy - Cork City

I suppose one could argue that when a player scores he positively impacts on a game. To my recollection Skuse has scored a few in his time. In short and mindful of stating the bleeding obvious, while Skuse may not be your cup of tea, and I am far from saying he is all mine either, you are being too harsh on the player.

I was at Forest and Skuse was by far the best City player on the pitch that day, let down by most of the others although in a poor team performance. Your comment suggest you were not there, are partcially sited or dont know much about football. Not a Skuse lover but his performances this year (inc end of last season) are much improved and should rate a 7 or 8 out of 10.

Archived