IGNORED

Craig Dawson Signing?

redhead

On an earlier thread Skuse was described as 'safe' and I think that is the perfect description of him IMO, I think he has plenty of talent and towards the end of last season looked as if was about to burst out but it's almost as if he has self doubt about how good he is or perhaps his past injuries are on his mind and a hurdle to move up to the next level, that is my humble opinion.

Stop talking nonsense fella. Sick of you Skuse lovers!

I take it you weren’t at Forest or Leicester then? Any game this season?

Example: Blackburn at home where the so called defensive midfielder (who apparently protects the back 4 & breaks up play???) let Rochina run from his own half only for their 3rd goal? Crucial point of the game that was and the reason why we lost. No nous and wouldn’t take a card for the team.

Loads more examples of the boy wonder NOT doing the job he’s tasked to do weather that be protecting the back 4 or getting box to box. As said before look up Harry’s recent post about our inept midfield and in particular the boy wonder Skuse.

He doesn’t offer anything in both boxes. Is physically and mentally weak and never wants responsibility on the ball. 6ft 1 and awful in the air. No assists or goals and he even laughs at this in his latest iPlayer interview. Disgraceful.

Everything he does is half hearted. The way he chases lost causes that will NEVER be got just to get his ‘Skuuuuuuuuse ‘ chant from the likes of you & others who have no idea is pathetic. Yes he is decent technically and chucks in the odd cross field pass but he has no impact and/or effect on a game at all.

26 yrs of age and an impressive 250 league games under his belt yet plays like a unproven teenager with his ‘Safe’ 5 yard passes before galloping away down the wing not wanting it back nor creating any space with his run/s for others.

Awful midfielder and the reason why we are slowly sliding down the table.

Amazing what being a good athlete, a good pro (lick arse) and versatile (jack of all trades master of…) can do for one’s football career. I’m sure being Bristolian goes a long way too as our fans have always been a sucker for a local lad especially when ones a ‘trier’.

So many incorrect points it is laughable.

First of all, the two games you point out. He was our best player at Forest so to mention that is absurd. As for Leicester first half he was poor and seemed to not have any real position. At half-time the manager changed it and put Skuse into a role sitting in front of the back four (the role he should have been given before the game started) and Skuse's presence made us a much more secure team after the break. How anybody could leave that game complaining about Skuse's performance bearing in mind how pathetic his two midfield partners were is beyond me.

I may be mistaken, but I actually remember Skuse attempting to foul Rochina, but simply failing? Not a brilliant defence of him I accept, but I feel it is unfair to accuse him of a lack of 'nous'. As for saying he was the reason we lost that game, what a load of rubbish. I am by no means Fontaine's harshest critic, but his dire performance coupled with Louis' lack of pace being exposed was our major failing in that game.

Although I think your post really peaks in it's ridiculousness when you decided to accuse Skuse of being 'half hearted'. He is naturally never going to be some type of Shaun Taylor chest thumping presence on the field, but Skuse cares deeply about this club. The amount of last ditch tackles he made while playing at right back last season was extraordinary and he never, ever gives anything less than 100% when wearing the red shirt. If you cannot see how commited Skuse is to the cause then I reallty am mystified.

For whats it's worth I do think he needs to believe in himself a bit more as he does have the talent to boss games in the middle of midfield (as he shown on numerous occassions), but he doesn't do it as much as he could in my opinion. His form at the end of last season and up until hin injury this season has been superb. As you rightly point out he doesn't create as much as he could and I would agree that this is an area that needs to improve, but goalscoring? Really? Whenever Skuse plays we should have 5 players in front of him who should be taking responsibility for scoring goals, it simply isn't the job that the manager asks from Skuse.

If you're going to look for problems in our midfield then I think you should be looking at Pearson, Kilkenny and Morris (harsh as he has only played one game) a long time before turning the spotlight on Skuse.

This all reminds me of the lee Johnson threads we use to have. It's clear that some people don't like, rate or understand what role Skuse has in the team. For me he is easily our best central midfielder, keeps us ticking, wins the ball back, puts a challenge in, has a good range of passing. Sure, he doesn't score many or have many assists to his name. If he could add that to his game he'd be a complete championship midfielder IMO and we'd be struggling to keep hold hold of him. I never used to rate Lee Johnson and his constant inclusion In the team annoyed me so much that even when he did do something well or even had the odd cracking game, I couldn't bring myself to praise him. This is clearly what is happening with a few of you and your opinions of Skuse. He does do a lot that to your average football fan would go unnoticed. The comments that redberrycherry has made are quite frankly moronic and it's similar comments in the past that made me stop commenting on here. the other lad saying he wants evidence of Cole's impact on a game makes me laugh too. Are you saying that because he doesn't score or create many goals then he isn't good enough to play for us?

This all reminds me of the lee Johnson threads we use to have. It's clear that some people don't like, rate or understand what role Skuse has in the team. For me he is easily our best central midfielder, keeps us ticking, wins the ball back, puts a challenge in, has a good range of passing. Sure, he doesn't score many or have many assists to his name. If he could add that to his game he'd be a complete championship midfielder IMO and we'd be struggling to keep hold hold of him. I never used to rate Lee Johnson and his constant inclusion In the team annoyed me so much that even when he did do something well or even had the odd cracking game, I couldn't bring myself to praise him. This is clearly what is happening with a few of you and your opinions of Skuse. He does do a lot that to your average football fan would go unnoticed. The comments that redberrycherry has made are quite frankly moronic and it's similar comments in the past that made me stop commenting on here. the other lad saying he wants evidence of Cole's impact on a game makes me laugh too. Are you saying that because he doesn't score or create many goals then he isn't good enough to play for us?

What's he asked for is evidence on how he effects a game? He's does not score, assist or create and does not protect the back 4, rather than just calling people moronic for their opinion why not give some examples instead of being so vague on what makes him such a good player as so far main thing I see in his defence is he runs around a lot.

Ian has pointed out he should have an assist with a great ball, why is he therefore unable to do this on a regular basis?

What's he asked for is evidence on how he effects a game? He's does not score, assist or create and does not protect the back 4, rather than just calling people moronic for their opinion why not give some examples instead of being so vague on what makes him such a good player as so far main thing I see in his defence is he runs around a lot.

Ian has pointed out he should have an assist with a great ball, why is he therefore unable to do this on a regular basis?

he scored a couple of important goals at the end of last season (the one against Barnsley) that helped keep us up,

He's made alot of tackle this season and is a tireless workhorse, his covering of the back four enabled pearson and elliot to be more of an attacking threat,

if you watch games he does more tracking back then our front 2 2 wingers and our other centre mid put together

he scored a couple of important goals at the end of last season (the one against Barnsley) that helped keep us up,

He's made alot of tackle this season and is a tireless workhorse, his covering of the back four enabled pearson and elliot to be more of an attacking threat,

if you watch games he does more tracking back then our front 2 2 wingers and our other centre mid put together

We only have 21 wingers since Bolasie forked orf but agree with the rest of the post re Skuse......

So many incorrect points it is laughable.

First of all, the two games you point out. He was our best player at Forest so to mention that is absurd. As for Leicester first half he was poor and seemed to not have any real position. At half-time the manager changed it and put Skuse into a role sitting in front of the back four (the role he should have been given before the game started) and Skuse's presence made us a much more secure team after the break. How anybody could leave that game complaining about Skuse's performance bearing in mind how pathetic his two midfield partners were is beyond me.

I may be mistaken, but I actually remember Skuse attempting to foul Rochina, but simply failing? Not a brilliant defence of him I accept, but I feel it is unfair to accuse him of a lack of 'nous'. As for saying he was the reason we lost that game, what a load of rubbish. I am by no means Fontaine's harshest critic, but his dire performance coupled with Louis' lack of pace being exposed was our major failing in that game.

Although I think your post really peaks in it's ridiculousness when you decided to accuse Skuse of being 'half hearted'. He is naturally never going to be some type of Shaun Taylor chest thumping presence on the field, but Skuse cares deeply about this club. The amount of last ditch tackles he made while playing at right back last season was extraordinary and he never, ever gives anything less than 100% when wearing the red shirt. If you cannot see how commited Skuse is to the cause then I reallty am mystified.

For whats it's worth I do think he needs to believe in himself a bit more as he does have the talent to boss games in the middle of midfield (as he shown on numerous occassions), but he doesn't do it as much as he could in my opinion. His form at the end of last season and up until hin injury this season has been superb. As you rightly point out he doesn't create as much as he could and I would agree that this is an area that needs to improve, but goalscoring? Really? Whenever Skuse plays we should have 5 players in front of him who should be taking responsibility for scoring goals, it simply isn't the job that the manager asks from Skuse.

If you're going to look for problems in our midfield then I think you should be looking at Pearson, Kilkenny and Morris (harsh as he has only played one game) a long time before turning the spotlight on Skuse.

I was at Forest, Blackburn and Leicester kidder.

I will go with my own judgement and that of my close friends & family whose opinion I value.

I’ve saw a couple of people on here say Skuse was our stand out player at Forest? What a load of crap. I take you all didn’t see many of our players continue to have a pop at him throughout the game as yet again the boy wonder let his man go?! Foster, Carey and Pearson chewing his ear time and again – I actually felt sorry for him (for a split second) but he was clueless to what he was supposed to be doing. Vintage Skuse.

Improved after the break (and no doubt after a ****** from Del) he looked neat and tidy but still offered nothing. Guardiola & Reid pissed all over Skuse and Pearson that day.

Anyone who understands the game will know Rochina should have been brought down prior to him reaching the box. Skuse simply wouldn’t take one for the team. 250 league games and no nous at all. With the score at 2-2 that was the turning point.

Leicester another limp first half. Agreed second half better but the man can’t protect/shield a defence on a regular basis like he should do – See Harry thread for many examples of him failing to do thus far this season.

All in all Skuse didn’t stand out in any of these games had no impact and/or effect on our play.

Albert has been our stand out performer while Wooly and Pearson have had decent little spells where they got themselves a couple of goals and assists. When will Skuse have his little spell and step up to the plate?

He is way down my pecking order for midfield positions. RB only for me.

Dawson summary: no official news at all. no-one stating a source has told them he is signing. a couple of people saying they have heard we're interested.

Regardless, nothing will happen until the player returns from Serbia.

Dawson being away with the U21's is not the only thing holding this transfer up.

As i said earlier in the thread once Billy Jones and Ridgewell are back fit Dawson will be here.

Only on OTIB will a thread about a potential CB signing, turn into a slagging contest on our central midfielder. Struggling to work this one out

I know, I've trawled through 4 pages to try and find something about Dawson and all we've got is a Skuse slanging match.

Is anyone in the know on this one? I'm getting a bit desperate for us to bring in a centre back before the Bolton came, really hope this one happens as he's a decent player.

Dawson being away with the U21's is not the only thing holding this transfer up.

As i said earlier in the thread once Billy Jones and Ridgewell are back fit Dawson will be here.

so it wont be before the bolton game then? im pretty sure del said he was confident of getting a cb in before then. Saying that ive heard him say that a few times

so it wont be before the bolton game then? im pretty sure del said he was confident of getting a cb in before then. Saying that ive heard him say that a few times

well dont listen to Del, listen to MC Risk77....

its all positive guys centre back will be in place by Bolton game, cant disclose who but we will be pleased....

Archived