IGNORED

Neil Danns

Sampson City Reds

No chance. He's been a quality championship midfielder for a few years now. He's just what we need and have done for a long time.

Danns has been a good player at this level for donkeys years. I don't even think he sees his future here. He's playing to get fit again.

Would be a major coup to get him permenantly.

Danns tweeted the other day how much he like Bristol as an Area! Would love to get him on a perm! Quality player and the type of player we've been crying out for ages!

Totally agree.. Midfield wins games.. Takes pressure off defence and attack

oh piss off you sad ****

You must be one of those peoplei sit here reading absolute bollocks from every week about going down before january and then come out and say we will make the play offs after a few wins.

Cant you handle someone saying something different to the rest of the pack?

This forum is full of know it all big headed *****s, most of which dont even attend games but just sit on here waffling on about shit all week and weekend.

Tala

You must be one of those peoplei sit here reading absolute bollocks from every week about going down before january and then come out and say we will make the play offs after a few wins.

Cant you handle someone saying something different to the rest of the pack?

This forum is full of know it all big headed *****s, most of which dont even attend games but just sit on here waffling on about shit all week and weekend.

Tala

Fair comment. My take on the Neil Danns signing is that we should have signed him or someone like him in the close season. There have been - literally - tens of thousands of posts on here and on zider heads over the years about signing a real good Championship calibre midfielder. At last we have Neil Danns and we are reaping the reward already.

I think Kilkenny likes having him in midfield - a player on the same wavelength for once.

He certainly appears to be bringing out the best in Kilkenny.

Our midfield since Kilkenny was signed has been so short of creativity that we automatically looked for Kilkenny to be the man to create all the chances for us, but I don't think this is his game. Danns' signing has enabled Kilkenny to play deeper, keep us ticking over and control possession while Danns is giving the job of getting forward and feeding the wingers and forward. Our defenders have lumped the ball far less in the last two games and this is mainly due to Kilkenny giving them option to pass.

Just goes to prove that a club like us need quality in midfield to get anywhere.

Skuse et al aren't the answer.

BCAGFC

Strange how this 'freaky result' came about after Del and Doc finally got the money to sign and play the top calibre Championship midfield player that is Neil Danns. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear - at last the leadership at this club has realized this fact and are releasing money for quality signings.

Strange how this 'freaky result' came about after Del and Doc finally got the money to sign and play the top calibre Championship midfield player that is Neil Danns. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear - at last the leadership at this club has realized this fact and are releasing money for quality signings.

Too true. Unfortunatley he's only here for another couple of weeks and I worry we will revert to type once he's gone. His run into the box for the second goal was just one of the things our midfielders don't do enough.

Hopefully we can come to some agreement to get him back after his initial loan hs expired.

PS , if anyone is interested India are 78/5 , still 8 runs behind England.

Haven't seen him play in the red yet - but seems to have been a big part of our shift from that awful, long-ball game that we played against Charlton (for which Del admitted was his fault) to a much shorter, more confident ball-retaining approach.

Hopefully Leicester will take the view that they are doing quite nicely thank you without Danns, and he is only shining at city because we are a bottom-end team. They are a f**cking arrogant club, so hopefully that plays to our advantage on this occassion.

they've had plenty of money the spent close to 1.5 million on 2 strikers, thats a damn site more then blackpool barnsley millwall palace have spent,

I doubt we've paid a fee for danns or we are paying much of his wages as he's here for a month

they've had plenty of money the spent close to 1.5 million on 2 strikers, thats a damn site more then blackpool barnsley millwall palace have spent,

I doubt we've paid a fee for danns or we are paying much of his wages as he's here for a month

Why do you think we're not paying much of Danns wages? We might be paying a large part of them, Pitman's gone on loan and it might well be that the powers that be realise we aren't making progress by going for the cheaper options.

Personally, I don't think 1.5m is a lot for 2 strikers if you hope to challenge in this division.

Why do you think we're not paying much of Danns wages? We might be paying a large part of them, Pitman's gone on loan and it might well be that the powers that be realise we aren't making progress by going for the cheaper options.

Personally, I don't think 1.5m is a lot for 2 strikers if you hope to challenge in this division.

because he's only here for a month to get fit, we are doing liecester a favour thats all

also for a club losing 12 million a year I'm suprised that del was aloud to spend anything

Millen was after Danns when he was at Palace but for whatever reason the deal didn't materialise. Might have been to do with Colin's dislike for Bristol City.

I didn't realise that he is a scouser but despite that took an immediate liking to Danns when I watched his post interview with Player. He came over as a very enthusiastic and full of enegry even though he'd just completed 90 mins. He could be the busy and creative midfielder we've been after and I wouldn't be disapointed if he joined City in January.

Surprised? What's the alternative? Try and compete in this league with a sub-standard squad?

I believe it's been stated by the owner that relegation would be a disaster.

but he also stated we need to stand on our own as a company, you can't do that lending the club a million quid every month just to break even

Millen was after Danns when he was at Palace but for whatever reason the deal didn't materialise. Might have been to do with Colin's dislike for Bristol City.

I didn't realise that he is a scouser but despite that took an immediate liking to Danns when I watched his post interview with Player. He came over as a very enthusiastic and full of enegry even though he'd just completed 90 mins. He could be the busy and creative midfielder we've been after and I wouldn't be disapointed if he joined City in January.

What's him being a scouser have to do with anything?

Wasn't the suggestion from Leicester fans that he is surplus to requirements?

Depending on what sort of deals they are hoping to do in January we might get him especially if the Skuse to Palace rumours are true.. The perception on here is that Brett was on a fair wage as well so we might be able to replace them both with Danns on the budget.

Archived