IGNORED

We're Going Down And It's All Lansdowns Fault!

Danny P

If we went down crowds will drop to 9-10k, but if we did a Southampton or Norwich and storm the league in our first season they will be back up to 18k a week,

Winning brings the crowds in regardless of what league you are in, we have a fan base but many don't go because we don't win every week,

When we got promoted the last 5 or so home games were almost sell outs when in the play-offs it was 17k most weeks,

Unfortanitly we've got a losing habit and a negitive crowd, the players probbily fear playing at home, might explain why we are performing marginally better away from home perfomance wise

I agree on this, it seems to aply to us quite well. I remember the playoff season, 17k. A lot of part timers maybe, and obviously success breeds success bulding a fanbase but I maintain certain clubs can still attract a big turnout even in lower divisions.

Man u, aren't all the glazers children on the board and take money out of the club?

True, but from a position of strength indeed. Just forgot about them somehow, they're top of the tree here and up there in Europe, they were when the Glazers came in. The difference as I see it was we were at that stage still trying to establish ourselves fully at this level, perhaos not the right time to make such an appointment.

I've been a season ticket holder for years now but i wasnt in the john ward era, it was only a tenner a game then. I would say I was a hardcore fan then even if I only went to half the games... If you live and breath the shit city serve up and it affects You, (Look how bloody grumpy we all are on here haha...) I would say that makes you a real hardcore fan.

I agree with that. Though I think most people would regard hardcore fans as ST holders, which was why I asked your stance.

I often wonder what happened to the 50,000 that went to wembley, they can't all be skint!

Archived