IGNORED

We're Going Down And It's All Lansdowns Fault!

Danny P

Anyone heard of the financial fair play? We can't just spend money when and where we like

That is not entirely true, all depends if you want to take a gamble or not. With our position now, we won't be taking a gamble

The problem is nobody was conned. McInnes achieved at St Johnstone exactly what we all believed he'd achieved at St Johnstone. The question is why he can't recreate that here...

Because the SPL is no better than League 1 or 2 standard here

Just be careful what you wish for. If Lansdown pulls out of BCFC, we really are up shit creek

In many ways Steve Lansdown has already pulled out by moving to Guernsey and appointing his Son as boss here. As per a few other posters on this forum, I just get the idea that Steve Lansdown lost interest in this club when the Ashton Vale project didn't go his way.

It does seem he didn't get his way with Ashton Vale so jogged on when the club really did/does need real leadership, not puppets.

And those of us who said it was a stupid pipe dream and the football side should be looked after were slated left right and centre and told to believe etc. Yeah, well balls to that.

Build it and everything will be fine bull crap

Why did he?

We were in minimal debt, and he put us in massive debt for 1 promotion. Not worth the outlay and debt... imo

Bad decisions

PTinman how many years was he paying off him. poor appointment

Johnson, signed him up again on a 4 year contract, sacked him less than a year later, poor decision.

Coppell, well coppell had some morals and required no pay off. SL didn't do his homework on the guy, who put us back years with poor signings.

Millen not good enough 3 games beforehand, good enough 3 games latter, still paying him off?

Del, well we wait and see.

How much has he wasted on mediocre players?

He can't really win tho can he. If he doesn't spend big, he gets slated. If he does, he gets slated. Who'd want to own a football club eh

Sorry, i added a bit more :)

I think his heart is in the right place, but he just doesn't have a clue about football

I'd love some people to actually be in lansdowns position with his wealth etc and see how they think they could magic out! Think a lot of posters need to realise Steve knows how business works and we really do NOT know any better

Lansdown Does know how business works, just not football, or we wouldn't be nearly 40 million in debt to him

He's rich enough to buy his boy a club, but doesn't have the guidance/sense to fund it 'smart'.

I'm beginning to wonder who was the real brains behind HL

I think this sums it up perfectly. We have a "boy-wonder" doing god-knows what job simply because he is the son of his father. That's a fundamentally bad business decision.

I do wonder if Hargreaves thinks he could have made a really big fortune without Lansdown....

I'd love some people to actually be in lansdowns position with his wealth etc and see how they think they could magic out! Think a lot of posters need to realise Steve knows how business works and we really do NOT know any better

SL should invest in a decent DOF and stop making any football decisions himself.

Can't see what SL has done wrongh, bankrolling the club to the tune of a couple of million each year, backing managers in purchases, and setting a realistic wage cap. Hardly his fault that managers keep chucking the money away buying mediocre rubbish.

Exactly, I cringe reading this thread,without SL we would probably be down with the Gas fighting to stay in the league.

We wouldn't be a Championship club on our gates alone,we would not survive nowadays.

People should stop for one moment and actually think how much money we have spent on players over the last 10 years, it's a massive amount.

He ALWAYS backs the manager with money.

Think about it,I bet there aren't many clubs in the Championship who have spent more than us this season on players ?

Lansdown Does know how business works, just not football, or we wouldn't be nearly 40 million in debt to him

so Where is he supposed to make the money? Without getting promoted we wouldn't really earn much more. And to get promoted we'd have to spend a lot. Goes wrong. Business in a bad way. Too big a risk to be a GOOD or SENSIBLE business plan

Exactly, I cringe reading this thread,without SL we would probably be down with the Gas fighting to stay in the league.

We wouldn't be a Championship club on our gates alone,we would not survive nowadays.

People should stop for one moment and actually think how much money we have spent on players over the last 10 years, it's a massive amount.

Think about it,I bet there aren't many clubs in the Championship who have spent more than us this season on players ?

Get a backbone son, we have been going backwards ever since the play off final, tell me what is the point in a big money chairman!

He hires the managers!!! They waste his money!!! We're ******* shite!!! Who ******g fault is it then????

He can't really win tho can he. If he doesn't spend big, he gets slated. If he does, he gets slated. Who'd want to own a football club eh

It's not about spending big, it's about finding someone who understands football to run this club. He admitted himself that he'd made mistakes which I believe is partly why he decided to take a back seat , but who did he hand over to? Sexstone (sp) briefly and then the invisible man and his son. There's undoubtedly better qualified people on this forum to take this club forward and at the very least he needs someone who is capable of standing up to him and explaining why an expense is justified and what it will add to the team.

Someone on another thread mentioned the amount spent on strikers which, I'd be all in favour of if we ****ing well played any. 4-0 down they're f all use to us.

He hires the managers!!! They waste his money!!! We're ******* shite!!! Who ******g fault is it then????

The problem is when an owner appoints a manager he has to back him and help him sign the players the manager wants, if SL was the sort of owner that interferes in transfers people would be saying WTF does he know. Evidence = Peterborough Darren Ferguson has to deal with not only an idiot chairman but also a **** wit called Fry.

There are problems all over the place at this club but Landsdown needs to act or if he doesn't want to spend then is there any point in being involved in a football club? People may say we have to thank him for funding the club and repaying the debt but on the other hand, he is the one spending the money in the first place! He signs the players, the managers, the coaches and other staff. He does the budgets, he spends his money and as it turns out, not very wisely.

The new ground obviously has hit him hard and sometimes it looks like he's losing interest with the whole thing but at this point in time, we're a championship team and if he wants to keep it that way then we need to spend some serious money in January. I just don't feel confident he will and we'll continue in this signing below average players and hoping it works out.

Archived