IGNORED

Del Tonight

Kid in the Riot

Dazza has summed things up very well.

What came across very clear for me was that Del was much more spiky than last years q & a. He was still very honest though :

- Bikeys wage demands were from cloud cuckoo land.

- Cisse was on way too much money and was rightly offered a contract more in line with his ability and availability.

- The players he has spent money on are good investments for this club.

- Other incoming players who some might consider "not an improvement on what we had" are at least providing healthy competition for the first team at a fraction of the cost as your Stewarts, Hunts, JCRs etc.

- We have midfielders more suited to playing 3 in the middle and we need to protect the defense.

All very honest opinions from Del.

There was a lot of reference to scouting and recruitment and I am glad the club have finally realised that we have been in the dark ages in this regard and are making improvements.

One thing though - it's sad to see so many opinions on here but so few people actually turn up, and even fewer bother to actually ask anything.

People do love a moan on here and yet when given the opportunity to vent your spleen directly none of you can be bothered.

I thought Del did well. He was a bit spikey early doors and not exactly bubbly, but if he had been he would have wound everyone up.

I thought the most interesting point of the evening was when Keith Dawe spoke at the end. We are clearly in the eye of the storm at the moment as a club. But I am reassured by the belief that we aren't run by bluffers.

From talking to Jon Lansdown and Amy from the Community Trust I got a real sense that we are finally waking up to the potential that we have around us and what we need to do to make the most of it. Personally, it is clear to me that no matter how s**** we are at the moment, we should keep Del boy. There are a lot of things happening behind the scenes that go back to him and we really could do without changing our backroom staff again for both financial and organisational reasons. The constant managerial changes have become the problem. Over the medium to long term he will do a good job and I have a sense that the club is starting to wake up to its importance in the community and how efforts to fulfill our role can benefit us. We have always been called a sleeping giant and that is for good reason. The club has historically had a lack of awareness but appears to be waking up to itself and how it can play a role in the city and the region as a whole and how that will benefit us.

Dazza has summed things up very well.

What came across very clear for me was that Del was much more spiky than last years q & a. He was still very honest though :

- Bikeys wage demands were from cloud cuckoo land.

- Cisse was on way too much money and was rightly offered a contract more in line with his ability and availability.

- The players he has spent money on are good investments for this club.

- Other incoming players who some might consider "not an improvement on what we had" are at least providing healthy competition for the first team at a fraction of the cost as your Stewarts, Hunts, JCRs etc.

- We have midfielders more suited to playing 3 in the middle and we need to protect the defense.

All very honest opinions from Del.

There was a lot of reference to scouting and recruitment and I am glad the club have finally realised that we have been in the dark ages in this regard and are making improvements.

One thing though - it's sad to see so many opinions on here but so few people actually turn up, and even fewer bother to actually ask anything.

People do love a moan on here and yet when given the opportunity to vent your spleen directly none of you can be bothered.

Just saw you on TV mate. Like you say, I was a bit surprised how few turned up.

I think last night will see the end of any "Del out" threads........well for a few days anyway.

How can Stewart's payout be on the figures if there till end of may and he left August that's not right.

Academy was restructured in summer so those figures wouldn't be on there again, seems very odd.

The money was probably set aside from last years budget, i.e. prior to May, as the costs would have bs known. With FFP penalties coming in I would think that they'll need all the creative accounting they can get

Cheers for those who went and summarised. It reaffirms my feelings that we need to stick with Del; this situation we're in is in part down to a lack of stability and The club seems to be going through a top-down change at the minute, which we'll hopefully reap the benefits of in the near future. Just make sure tomorrow is an improvement on last weekend!

COYR

How can Stewart's payout be on the figures if there till end of may and he left August that's not right.

Academy was restructured in summer so those figures wouldn't be on there again, seems very odd.

Normal accounting practice is to make provision for any expected costs after the end of the year (within reason) - so, in this case, if costs of getting rid were anticipated at the end of May they would have been included in the figures to that point (even if the actual cash was paid out in Aug).

Looked like a man under pressure. No smiles or cracking jokes like last years Q&A.

If he didn't look like a man under pressure and he came in smiling and cracking jokes, then I for one would have been quite angry about it.

His demeanour is exactly how it should be when you consider our predicament.

If he didn't look like a man under pressure and he came in smiling and cracking jokes, then I for one would have been quite angry about it.

His demeanour is exactly how it should be when you consider our predicament.

Fair enough. I suppose if you look at all the top managers in the Prem, they often get spikey when their methods are questioned.

Del clearly has a strong belief in himself and what he wants to achieve. Good luck to him.

The only reassuring thing at the moment is that Del does seem to talk a lot of sense. Chopping and changing has cost us too much in the past and we need to stick with a plan and see it through no matter what happens in the short term.

The squad really isn't that poor but it lacks confidence and motivation. I really hope McInnes can fix that because it's been a problem for a long time now.

Thanks to all who provided reports. It's very much appreciated.

Personally, it is clear to me that no matter how s**** we are at the moment, we should keep Del boy.

This comes across very much in the feedback, excellent effort by all who reported back. I think he's going through hell managing a reduced wage bill, a squad in need of rebuilding, a feeble academy/community set up and all this with the background of AV.

Fair play to the man, let's help him to get things turned round

This comes across very much in the feedback, excellent effort by all who reported back. I think he's going through hell managing a reduced wage bill, a squad in need of rebuilding, a feeble academy/community set up and all this with the background of AV.

It doesn't matter how silver tongued McInnes is, lets not forget where City are in the table and that football is a results based business. Any further shambolic performances like one last Saturday and fans will turn against him just as many did after the Wolves game.

One smooth talking AGM won't be enough to save him.

What did Churchill say? 'If you're going through hell keep going'

It doesn't matter how silver tongued McInnes is, lets not forget where City are in the table and that football is a results based business. Any further shambolic performances like one last Saturday and fans will turn against him just as many did after the Wolves game.

Were you there?

It wasn't smooth talking. It was gruff, at times a bit tetchy, but beneath all of that it was very determined. Exactly what I would hope to see given the circumstances.

Ah RR still like a bit of fishing I see, I`ll bite anyway; DM IS GOING NOWHERE WE CANNOT AFFORD A MASS CLEAR OUT AGAIN.

In case you missed the latest accounts and recent news from our club.

There will still be some "further shambolic performances" but also some great ones though, just as it always has been at this club.

Did you enjoy your holiday on the planet zog, welcome back to the real world :shifty:

Archived