IGNORED

Jan Transfer Window

Monkeh

Hmmm at the end of the article Jon still says that they have a squad number in mind and that sometimes players need to be moved on in order to bring new ones in.

At the Q & A last week Del hinted that business could be done in January if one or two players left the club. I don't know what others there thought, but I was left with the impression that there will be departures as well as arrivals in January.

Hmmm at the end of the article Jon still says that they have a squad number in mind and that sometimes players need to be moved on in order to bring new ones in.

At the Q & A last week Del hinted that business could be done in January if one or two players left the club. I don't know what others there thought, but I was left with the impression that there will be departures as well as arrivals in January.

Given our current league position,there has to be movement in during the Jan window. The current squad ain't strong enough (how many times have we said that?) despite McInnes having had the summer to fill the void. Its common sense that players have to move on in order to strengthen and Pitman will almost certainly be one going.

I'm not sure who else might be off. Morris maybe. He seems a long way down the pecking order.

I wonder if we'll eventually sign that 'difficult to find' right sided CB? and that 'we don't need a creative midfielder, we have Kilkenny' creative midfielder? :dunno:

you mean the two postions we tried to fill but couldn't match the wages of other clubs because we are trying to reduce the wage bill,

Mark Wilson and Matthew Bates are out of contract in January, so will probably leave if the latter is replaced by a better option, Pitman will go (though £30k is fantasy) and there are several loans that expire (including the invisible man, Danny Wilson) so funds will be found for a deal or two inwards.

Mark Wilson and Matthew Bates are out of contract in January, so will probably leave if the latter is replaced by a better option, Pitman will go (though £30k is fantasy) and there are several loans that expire (including the invisible man, Danny Wilson) so funds will be found for a deal or two inwards.

it was in the paper last week,

Danns, Danns and Danns. I cant make it any clearer. Sign him and i reckon we stay up regardless of the shambles goin on at the back. I'm not convinced by bates yet nor mcmanus . If only fonts and j wilson could find some form.

we can't afford danns's wages I very much doubt we will be prepared to pay 20k a week to a 30 year old no matter how good he is,

If his wage demands are resonable (by that i mean 5-10k tops) then yes,

sell, sell, sell

pitman already out, no loan renewal for mcmanus, no extension for wilson (either), offer bates a deal on league one wages with an increase secured if we survive and a bonus for clean sheets

maybe loan in a midfielder, young PL player who can create

Not only is it a crazy estimation (once again Monkeh speaks with certainty, based on...... errrr... guesswork?), it's crazy to think Naughton or Carroll would , A, be available, B, want to come here!

Exactly. I don't think the wages would be the biggest stumbling block, why the hell would he come here when he's playing a few games and on the bench a fair bit at Spurs. I'd guess when he signed a few years back he would have been on maybe 10-15 grand a week, but I don't know if he has signed a new deal. If he has he could be on more like 15-25K now I'd guess...

I thought I read somewhere 28k was the average wage in the Prem, meaning a fair few on a lot less, a fair few on a lot more

Exactly. Average wage. And then you consider that Yaya, Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko, Rooney, Torres, Hazard, RVP, Saurez, etc etc etc etc are on about ten times the average...

£40k for a third choice, young right back. Heard it all.

Archived