IGNORED

Jan Transfer Window

Monkeh

How many of McInnes's signings have been bad?

Danny Wilson - Unproven, but good pedigree

Matthew Bates - Looks good if we can keep him fit

Matthew Briggs - crap

George Elokobi - got injured straight away

Sam Baldock - pacey player and good finisher

Steve Davies - where would we be without his goals

Mark Wilson - poor

Tom Heaton - Good keeper IMO, some don't rate him but doesn't help having a different back 4 every week

Paul Anderson - I think he will be brilliant when in a settled side playing well

Greg Cunningham - brilliant signing, shame he got injured

Jody Morris - big mistake it would seem

André Bikey - helped keep us up

Hogan Ephraim - did alright

Dekel Keinan - can't remember him playing that much

Stephen McManus - good leadership and experience

Sean Davis - seem to remember he did well for a short loan spell

Ricky Foster - Mixed feelings. Personally I don't rate him but others do

Chris Wood - did ok with us. Clearly a good player though by his goals scored for other teams

Stephen Pearson - hmmmm average to poor signing

Ryan McGivern - I thought he was crap

I would say only 5 out of those 20 were bad signings and many have been really good signings. Our ability to coach them I think is the problem but I think Del can pick a player alright.

millen signed mcgiven

yea the right back who was on a 6 month contract because we only had foster as a right back, you know the one signed for cover in case foster got injured,

the one we paid £0 for and on very small wages compared to the rest of the journeymen, that wilson?

You really think he is on low wages, you really believe that? and didn't we loan out a 22 year old right back who just signed a contract extension?.

You really think he is on low wages, you really believe that? and didn't we loan out a 22 year old right back who just signed a contract extension?.

he won't be on as much as he commanded at celtic as he was out of contract and had zero intrest apart from pre-season with us where he played reasonably well,

and to be fair to Joe Edwards he's a player I rate very highly but there is a question mark whether he was ready for championship football,

When his loan is up in jan I suspect he will be the back up once wilson leaves

he won't be on as much as he commanded at celtic as he was out of contract and had zero intrest apart from pre-season with us where he played reasonably well,

and to be fair to Joe Edwards he's a player I rate very highly but there is a question mark whether he was ready for championship football,

When his loan is up in jan I suspect he will be the back up once wilson leaves

Let's put it this way with add on's, expenses etc. he won't be too much out of pocket from his Celtic days.

Edwards is 22 years of age and has been us for what 5/6/7 years and we are still not sure about him, wow.

Matthew Briggs - crap

Mark Wilson - poor

Tom Heaton - Good keeper IMO, some don't rate him but doesn't help having a different back 4 every week

Paul Anderson - I think he will be brilliant when in a settled side playing well

Chris Wood - did ok with us. Clearly a good player though by his goals scored for other teams

I would say only 5 out of those 20 were bad signings and many have been really good signings. Our ability to coach them I think is the problem but I think Del can pick a player alright.

Sean Davis was awful.

Its funny how people are so desperate to beat Mcinnis with something , That Mark Wilson is being used as an excuse.

*He came to us out of our price range to train as a favour.

*He played as we had injurys.

*He impressed in every game he played.

*No one else wanted him so he negotiated with us.

*We only agreed to sign him on short contract.

Hes clearly not being paid much and would of seen it more of a chance to be in the shop window. How anyone can use this signing as an example of a Mcinnis signing is laughable. His signings on the whole have been goodconsidering the budget restarints hes under.

Its funny how people are so desperate to beat Mcinnis with something , That Mark Wilson is being used as an excuse.

*He came to us out of our price range to train as a favour.

*He played as we had injurys.

*He impressed in every game he played.

*No one else wanted him so he negotiated with us.

*We only agreed to sign him on short contract.

Hes clearly not being paid much and would of seen it more of a chance to be in the shop window. How anyone can use this signing as an example of a Mcinnis signing is laughable. His signings on the whole have been goodconsidering the budget restarints hes under.

I hope these footballers pay good money for these top level training sessions!! rather see Yates finest at right back, personally

Matthew Briggs - crap

Mark Wilson - poor

I agree with the sentiments of the post, but without Davies' goals we'd be pretty much the same place! He's only scored in one win!

Championship status or no club at all ?

Because that is the way the club is going if they do not cut costs . Sometimes you need to step back to move forward , some posters on here need a reality check .

I don't see relegation as a step backwards to move forward. Relegation would be a financial disaster. A loss of around 4m just for dropping a division, lower crowds, lower ST sales.The list is almost endless.

Endless it may be , but costs need to be cut and cutting the wage/player bill needs done . With high earners last season and the season before etc , what did it achieve ? Lower place championship placing .

Survival has got to be the main aim and nothing more until the wage structure has been reduced and all the behind the scenes restructoring is in place .

There is certainly a lot more to be done than just buying a creative midfielder and a centre back , as some have posted .

Endless it may be , but costs need to be cut and cutting the wage/player bill needs done . With high earners last season and the season before etc , what did it achieve ? Lower place championship placing .

Survival has got to be the main aim and nothing more until the wage structure has been reduced and all the behind the scenes restructoring is in place .

There is certainly a lot more to be done than just buying a creative midfielder and a centre back , as some have posted .

What makes any football club attractive to fans? Success on the pitch of course and when the team is playing well the casual fans show up and spend their money. That's why its essential that City maintain their Championship status and build a team capable of pushing on to greater things.

It took the club 8 seasons to escape Div 1 last time and to return there through lack of quality signings, managerial and board ineptitude would too much for some fans. Can you imagine City v Yeovil being the stand out game of the season?

All I have seen publicly is talk of a defender, I have seen nowt about a midfielder and I don't even think it's even on the agenda.

Or do you mean the lets just keep signing strikers and wingers and forget the positions that should have been the priority.

Without Davies and Baldock, we would be right at the bottom of the table. If Anderson wasn't on the bench, who would fill in for Adomah if he were to get injured? Derek has already explained that he used the money for Maynard to buy Baldock, Davies AND Cunningham.

i'm with RR on this one, too much money was and is being wasted in the wrong areas and then once the panic sets in we sign more shitty journeymen, one of whom I am agnostic about, in so much as does he actually exist or is it an MP's type ruse to get 2 wage packets, who is Jodie Morris?

Couldn't agree more & I'll raise you Anderson & D.Wilson........are we running auditions for the invisible overpaid man, I do ******* wonder'

Derek has already explained that he used the money for Maynard to buy Baldock, Davies AND Cunningham.

three quality players for the price of one injury ravaged player...... pretty good going to me. As it has been said, funds will be made available. Yes Del hasn't filled certain positions properly or in time, but our failings has allowed him to see our weaknesses finally so we can be rid of them and bring in quality in all the right places. I have faith. Good things take time and i'm glad Del is here for the long term and the club all round is starting to turn the corner. Be patient and success will eventually follow

Most of his signings have been good, he has brought players in on short contracts/loans due to injuries (if he had had not the people complaining now would be - another player injured - wheres the cover, why didn't he bring some into cover etc... moan, moan, moan). His other signings have been the bench warmers/just out of first team type players - and they costs and are on less money than their replacements ( the Stewart's, Hunt's etc) therefore still giving us cover for positions but not breaking the bank freeing up money elsewhere.

The only other argument I see is that he has not strengthened in the right areas, but seeing as we know he was chasing CB's, has signed CB's and LB's on loan to get by until we can get a first choice target, I cannot see how it can be used against him - not everyone want's to come to Bristol (shocker ehhh).

Without Davies and Baldock, we would be right at the bottom of the table. If Anderson wasn't on the bench, who would fill in for Adomah if he were to get injured? Derek has already explained that he used the money for Maynard to buy Baldock, Davies AND Cunningham.

Maybe, maybe not. Howmany of Davies 8 goals have bought us points? i have a horrible feeling we may have only picked up 1 or 2 points with him in the side

Maybe, maybe not. Howmany of Davies 8 goals have bought us points? i have a horrible feeling we may have only picked up 1 or 2 points with him in the side

3 at middlesborough 1 at millwall 1 at blackpool 1 at watford

so 6 of our 18 points davies's goals have helped us get

3 at middlesborough 1 at millwall 1 at blackpool 1 at watford

so 6 of our 18 points davies's goals have helped us get

Also, not sure Davies can be blamed for some of the defensive omnishambles we've had to sit through ina recent months

The main problem has perhaps been that Fontaine, who finished the previous season very strongly, has been a joke of a centre half. While we still needed a new centre half during the summer, if Fontaine hadn't had a complete form meltdown, I imagine we'd have a few more points now. That said, you have to question why Del has refused to drop him...

Most of his signings have been good, he has brought players in on short contracts/loans due to injuries (if he had had not the people complaining now would be - another player injured - wheres the cover, why didn't he bring some into cover etc... moan, moan, moan). His other signings have been the bench warmers/just out of first team type players - and they costs and are on less money than their replacements ( the Stewart's, Hunt's etc) therefore still giving us cover for positions but not breaking the bank freeing up money elsewhere.

The only other argument I see is that he has not strengthened in the right areas, but seeing as we know he was chasing CB's, has signed CB's and LB's on loan to get by until we can get a first choice target, I cannot see how it can be used against him - not everyone want's to come to Bristol (shocker ehhh).

Great post. I think the players IMO are good enough to stay in this league. The coaching and tactics have to be questioned.

one of the main problems since we got promoted was the fact we couldn't score goals but were resonabbly solid at the back,

even last season we werent that bad at the back but very limp up-front so I can see why that was one of the first things to be addressed,

unfortunattly the normally reliable fontaine is a shadow of his former self and not many people could of seen that coming

one of the main problems since we got promoted was the fact we couldn't score goals but were resonabbly solid at the back,

even last season we werent that bad at the back but very limp up-front so I can see why that was one of the first things to be addressed,

unfortunattly the normally reliable fontaine is a shadow of his former self and not many people could of seen that coming

Agreed, and Carey finished last season strongly prompting Del to give him a new contract. I'm sure he realised we needed a CB but probably thought that we were ok there. Fontaine's form has been shocking and unexpected.

Also, not sure Davies can be blamed for some of the defensive omnishambles we've had to sit through ina recent months

The main problem has perhaps been that Fontaine, who finished the previous season very strongly, has been a joke of a centre half. While we still needed a new centre half during the summer, if Fontaine hadn't had a complete form meltdown, I imagine we'd have a few more points now. That said, you have to question why Del has refused to drop him...

I a not blaming Davies, far from it, Just wondering, does his appearance in the team greatly effect the outcome of our results. I am not sure it does to be honest.

Fontaine's dip in form was unforeseen but you are forgetting just how influential Cisse was in providing that extra protection to the back 4 last season. He hasn't been replaced. Elliot is not up to the task and Skuse has been injured. Kilkenny is too slow on the ball and hardly tackles anyone so currently there's no-one capable of playing that defensive midfield role. That's a huge factor in City not being able to manage a clean sheet all season.

We hoped that Morris would take over that role but we've barely seen him so he's another signing that seems like a waste of money.

I a not blaming Davies, far from it, Just wondering, does his appearance in the team greatly effect the outcome of our results. I am not sure it does to be honest.

And yet plenty of posters on matchday threads especially , feel the need to call Del all the cn uts under the sun when he doesn't pick him from the start.

Weird that.

Archived