IGNORED

Jan Transfer Window

Monkeh

It's not strange, its called not being short sited. If we adopted your attitude we would be changing managers every year. Someone needs to be given a chance to rebuild the club and the playing squad. Millen, as likeable and as qualified as he was never filled me with confidence as a leader. McInnes on the other hand feels like a manager, there are no guarentees in football but im happy to put my support behind DM, i really belive he will turn things around for the better in time.

Nothing wrong with a couple of below par seasons during the rebuilding process if they come back stronger. DM's instruction this season must of been to secure Championship football for another season and no more. I think thats achievable and im certain that would of been the seasons target no matter who is in charge.

Its funny isnt it....Although hes moved no mountains theres still something fresh about him. Keith millens problem was that he'd been associated with the previous regime which went sour so he got less time! Obviously circumstances are different , i do hope mr mcinnes is not the complacent type because we do seem susceptable to a piss take not seen since city hoolies fought with the gas over a brontosaurus carcass on ashton park all those years back.

ahh robbo was right about our best manager in recent years Johnson (after 4 years of sucsess) and now he's right about millen (one of the worst in recent years)

and of course right about McInnes who dispite our poor perfomance and form 80% of fans still back to the hilt,

For the record pitman is not a good striker he was given a chance and never took it thats why he's loaned out to Bournmourh, Taylor has been given a chance he's taken it and stays in the side.....

For the record, we never had the players capable of playing to Pitmans strengths, like a midfield.

For the record pitman is not a good striker he was given a chance and never took it thats why he's loaned out to Bournmourh, Taylor has been given a chance he's taken it and stays in the side.....

For the record Pitman certainly is a good striker - in fact he's one of the most naturally gifted one touch finishers City have had in the last 40 years. One of a rare breed - an instinctive goalscorer.

The argument is over on this board though. I'm content to see how well Pitman does elsewhere now he's freed from the shackles of the City bench ( or often not featuring in the match day squad at all) and his confidence is boosted by playing for a manager who believes in him and will give him a regular start. Let's see how many goals he gets, and which division he's banging them in in 18 months time.

I assume if he's scoring heavily at Championship level you'll eat your words Monkeh?

For the record Pitman certainly is a good striker - in fact he's one of the most naturally gifted one touch finishers City have had in the last 40 years. One of a rare breed - an instinctive goalscorer.

The argument is over on this board though. I'm content to see how well Pitman does elsewhere now he's freed from the shackles of the City bench ( or often not featuring in the match day squad at all) and his confidence is boosted by playing for a manager who believes in him and will give him a regular start. Let's see how many goals he gets, and which division he's banging them in in 18 months time.

I assume if he's scoring heavily at Championship level you'll eat your words Monkeh?

he won't he's not consistant enough and is too lazy

It's not strange, its called not being short sited. If we adopted your attitude we would be changing managers every year. Someone needs to be given a chance to rebuild the club and the playing squad. Millen, as likeable and as qualified as he was never filled me with confidence as a leader. McInnes on the other hand feels like a manager, there are no guarentees in football but im happy to put my support behind DM, i really belive he will turn things around for the better in time.

Nothing wrong with a couple of below par seasons during the rebuilding process if they come back stronger. DM's instruction this season must of been to secure Championship football for another season and no more. I think thats achievable and im certain that would of been the seasons target no matter who is in charge.

If my attitude was adopted we'd change managers less frequently than has been the case. I'm not an advocate of chopping and changing as there is no guarantee that it would make a difference. McInnes has proved that.

Your're saying that the difference between Millen and McInnes is that one didn't fill you with confidence and the other 'feels like a manger'. Hardly a balanced and objective appraisal.

Is there a championship side that will have him?

We shall see.

Bournemouth are on a very good run since he arrived, Pitman may not even have to move clubs again to be back in the Championship very soon.

If they don't go up but he scores well this season and next I'd expect a Championship club to come in for him anyway.

If my attitude was adopted we'd change managers less frequently than has been the case. I'm not an advocate of chopping and changing as there is no guarantee that it would make a difference. McInnes has proved that.

Your're saying that the difference between Millen and McInnes is that one didn't fill you with confidence and the other 'feels like a manger'. Hardly a balanced and objective appraisal.

I'm slightly confused. A few weeks ago I'd have put you down as being fairly supportive of McInnes, there seems to have been a noticeable change in your opinion of him in the past week or so?

Also monkeh wanted McInnes out a few weeks ago and now seems to be back defending him!

People just disagreeing with each other for the sake of it?!

I'm slightly confused. A few weeks ago I'd have put you down as being fairly supportive of McInnes, there seems to have been a noticeable change in your opinion of him in the past week or so?

Also monkeh wanted McInnes out a few weeks ago and now seems to be back defending him

I'm disappointed with McInnes rather than for or against him. So far he's failed to improve the club and some of his signings and tactics have been very

questionable. I'm not convinced by a long chalk that things will improve if his management so far is anything to go by.

To sum up the situation at City currently - 'different manager, same crap'

We shall see.

Bournemouth are on a very good run since he arrived, Pitman may not even have to move clubs again to be back in the Championship very soon.

If they don't go up but he scores well this season and next I'd expect a Championship club to come in for him anyway.

Probably us !!

Your one of the posters on here who really shouldn't be using the words balanced and objective, your posts are often filled with the most one sided blinkered stuff.

Nothing to do with an appraisal, Millen came across as i described and the same for McInnes, if you want to spin that into a negative then you carry on and do what you do best. Your stubborn insistance that if any manager at BCFC is either A:not successful from the start/short term or B:Not managing in the way you think is best leads you to vilify them.

I fail to see how McInnes himself has proved that choppping and changing managers doesnt work? He was offered a position and he took it, what went before is nothing to do with him whatsoever.

No pleasing some people is there?

I'm disappointed with McInnes rather than for or against him. So far he's failed to improve the club and some of his signings and tactics have been very

questionable. I'm not convinced by a long chalk that things will improve if his management so far is anything to go by.

To sum up the situation at City currently - 'different manager, same crap'

I would agree that he's made some strange/poor tactical decisions and that he's signed several players that he's subsequently refused to play though he has also signed some quality in areas we've been lacking, but the 'changes to the club' have been the one thing I couldn't fault him for. We finally have a manager who's driving an interest in youth development and (aside from financially) we seem to be running a much better ship off the field now. Johnson, Millen and (to the extent he can be judged) Coppell showed no such desire. No doubt it could be improved further but it's a start

Your one of the posters on here who really shouldn't be using the words balanced and objective, your posts are often filled with the most one sided blinkered stuff.

Nothing to do with an appraisal, Millen came across as i described and the same for McInnes, if you want to spin that into a negative then you carry on and do what you do best. Your stubborn insistance that if any manager at BCFC is either A:not successful from the start/short term or B:Not managing in the way you think is best leads you to vilify them.

I fail to see how McInnes himself has proved that choppping and changing managers doesnt work? He was offered a position and he took it, what went before is nothing to do with him whatsoever.

No pleasing some people is there?

Do you think that McInnes has improved things?

Explain why you are so supportive of a manager who hasn't improved our league form?

Apart from the first two games at AG this season, have the performances at AG given us that 'feel good factor'? Are you enjoying watching play?

I know what my answer to the second,third and fourth questions would be.

I don't have a love in with Del at all, I simply maintain that we are better off now than under Millen. I don't like the way that every thread you comment on turns into how you were right about Millen and everyone else was wrong. The facts are we were bottom with 6 points under Millen, we aren't anymore.

In terms of McInnes, the squad in terms of quality is better in my opinion so the coaching has to be seriously questioned.

I was never ever a fan of Millen's but it is amazing that after all of McInnes's poor tactics , team selection and plain senseless activity in the transfer market he still seems teflon coated and poor old Millen and his predecssors are pickin up all the blame. I wonder just when McInnes will be held accountable.

Do you think that McInnes has improved things? In terms of results and performance, certainly not for the majority. There is a however, things look to have improved behind the scenes with many changes from top to bottom, McInnes has played his part in that. This will prove important in the longer term.

Explain why you are so supportive of a manager who hasn't improved our league form? Because i believe that his remit when being appointed was far more than just managing a squad of players to get results on the pitch. The whole restructuring of the club, the U21 setup, FFP and EPPP is about to change the game off the pitch in a big way and we still have the grey cloud that is Ashton Vale. It would only be fair to judge him on all of the tasks appointed to him when he started, of course at its very core its a results based business but things off the pitch are about to influence things on it more than before and a certain type of manager will be needed for that. If that was in the boards minds when appointing McInnes then they are commited to him beyond more than just results. 7 defeats on the bounce and he kept his job, a couple of decent results later and they publicly back him in the transfer window, i don't think he is going anywhere just yet, im not even sure relegation will end his time here as long we went down with a fight.

Apart from the first two games at AG this season, have the performances at AG given us that 'feel good factor'? Are you enjoying watching play? Not really to both, but to continue the point above, its clear to me that its not all going to be about the usual results and performances are bad, lets sack the manager type situation anymore. Things on the pitch need to improve and we have seen signs of that in recent weeks. A lot of dust has been thrown up in the last year and im happy to be patient a little longer to let it settle.

I know what my answer to the second,third and fourth questions would be.

Millen created the development squad idea, start of the season he was sacked. He seemed to be bringing in players and to be fair this seasons development squad is good, but I don't think mcinnes was influential in this we were signing players as season started and seemed to rush through all academy appointments.

I think mcinnes has struck lucky for basically we have no money available so he can't be sacked, and I think if we weren't so skint he would of gone weeks ago.

Millen created the development squad idea, start of the season he was sacked. He seemed to be bringing in players and to be fair this seasons development squad is good, but I don't think mcinnes was influential in this we were signing players as season started and seemed to rush through all academy appointments.

I think mcinnes has struck lucky for basically we have no money available so he can't be sacked, and I think if we weren't so skint he would of gone weeks ago.

Nice to see a balanced and objective view! At least someone else is looking at the facts.

Nice to see a balanced and objective view! At least someone else is looking at the facts.

Hahaha i assume that was aimed towards a viewpoint like mine then RR? I rarely debate back and forth on here as my post count since joining will show, you just reminded me why. Id get a better rationale out of someone on the Joke of the Day thread.

Archived